This Day in Pop: Britney, Beyoncé and Pink at the premiere of Pepsi Gladiator commercial featuring We Will Rock You in 2004 (January 26)

Even tho Pink suited best the cover, all of the google/youtube searches start with Britney: "Britney, Beyoncé and Pink", it's never "Beyonce, Pink and Britney" (Even though Beyonce should be first alphabetically):shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: I found it curious tbh, what a queen

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, limezd said:

Just looking at Pinks outfit makes me fee uncomfortable. That did not look flattering. She looks like one of those contestant in RuPauls Dragrace with broad shoulders, no hips and no chest, but with a good comedic sense of humour that never wins. 

this is a ****** lmao

Anyway I hate the comment section of that youtube video. People find it so hard to appreciate different styles and to appreciate things for what they are. Just because something doesn't match the original doesn't mean it's bad or that it doesn't do its job.

Everyone always says P!nk did the best job, but if I wanted to listen to a rock rendition, I'd listen to one of the better covers out there or the original and not hers. Meanwhile Britney's adlibs and Beyoncé's verse I feel like made this song their own. 

Also rock fans are always elitist as fk online. Even P!nk fans which is beyond me as P!nk is like the least innovate, safe singer out there. She doesn't hold a single french vanilla candle to either Britney or Beyonce.

It's a cute pop vs rnb vs rock moment and it's incomparable, but if I did have to compare I'd say P!nk's verse is worth the least.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mantequilla said:

Why does this picture remind me of Xfactorney? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

222.jpg

Such an iconic moment. As a Queen fan, I was so geeked when I saw Britney with Brian May and Roger Taylor. 

what @limezdsaid is so accurate omf

Britney looks like she's wearing a bathrobe and Beyoncé looks like she's leaving a club w that jacket

The most left guys' face though

and the guy right from him his leg 

Lemme stop lol

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

what @limezdsaid is so accurate omf

Britney looks like she's wearing a bathrobe and Beyoncé looks like she's leaving a club w that jacket

The most left guys' face though

and the guy right from him his leg 

Lemme stop lol

Oooh pit crew! giphy.gif

The 3 of them look like Dragrace contestants! Lol

4 hours ago, Oxic said:

Even tho Pink suited best the cover, all of the google/youtube searches start with Britney: "Britney, Beyoncé and Pink", it's never "Beyonce, Pink and Britney" (Even though Beyonce should be first alphabetically):shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: I found it curious tbh, what a queen

Wasn’t that during the Try This era (was that the title) while she was flopping hard and people lost interest in her then she bounced back on the next record? That’s probably why she didn’t get the top billing ... and the fact that she was on the same track as the real Queen B...ritney.

• Love 1
  • 11 months later...

I absolutely adore this ad, back when ads were larger then life! But this was an ad where P!nk shined the most she is really suited for rock kinda songs I really wish Britney here had her deep voice! Anyway, the good thing is Britney shined in her solo ads :onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

• Love 2

This was such a cultural reset! :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow: Even at the time people knew it was iconic. I know it was plastered all over the tween and teen magazines for weeks here in the Netherlands! I mean, they really topped it off with having Brian May and Roger Taylor in the commercial too. It really got the Queen stamp of approval :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

P!nk’s my first hero - she rocked this! 

All you guys saying she’s irrelevant.. the numbers of show tickets sold speak for themselves nowadays. She got power in her voice and attitude & isn’t afraid to have an opinion. Her songs are meaningful, too. 

Loved Beyoncé’s earlier albums, and she’s a great performer for sure, but I don’t care much about her as a person. 

Well, Brit I’ll always love no matter what. She brought the pop & ***iness & passion for dance to my life that P!nk didn’t. 

Most iconic commercial period. 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:50 PM, limezd said:

Wasn’t that during the Try This era (was that the title) while she was flopping hard and people lost interest in her then she bounced back on the next record? That’s probably why she didn’t get the top billing ... and the fact that she was on the same track as the real Queen B...ritney.

She flopped so hard that I think Pink is an opening act for Britney or Beyonce in Try This era.