I regret buying Britney Spears' "My Only Wish (This Year)" vinyl (New BreatheHeavy Video!)

Welcome to Team Boycott :neydedance_purple: I think it’s really important the owner of such a huge Britney community is vocally against the brand. It’s a good video. 

I do wonder however, why do you think streaming is more acceptable than buying? Is it because the profit is higher or am I missing something? Because to me, even one cent for Team Cship is too much. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
  • Leader
2 hours ago, FreeLou said:

Welcome to Team Boycott :neydedance_purple: I think it’s really important the owner of such a huge Britney community is vocally against the brand. It’s a good video. 

I do wonder however, why do you think streaming is more acceptable than buying? Is it because the profit is higher or am I missing something? Because to me, even one cent for Team Cship is too much. 

Appreciate that.

Yeah I think streaming is walking the line. They earn suchhhh a little amount from streaming. I don't think it's a fair or realistic expectation to ask fans to stop streaming their fav's music. That feels super icky to me. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

Appreciate that.

Yeah I think streaming is walking the line. They earn suchhhh a little amount from streaming. I don't think it's a fair or realistic expectation to ask fans to stop streaming their fav's music. That feels super icky to me. 

You’ve earned it! Your videos are great and I applaud that you have the balls to speak your mind and even for that Curb Your Conservatorship video. Most of us are vocal about the cship, but none of us have actually been approached with legal letters and pink hats (yet). :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: So I really don’t take it for granted that you still have the courage to speak up.

As for the streaming thing, I worry that the streaming numbers might send the wrong message. It’s perfectly possible to listen “illegally” without supporting them, so I’m not sure I understand why it’s icky? Actually curious, not cynical. Also, all these “small” profits add up when millions stream multiple times. 

Streaming seems more icky to me. As a fan since 1998, it just feels like such a violation of her basic rights. I can’t stream with a clear conscience.