Fiona Apple puts the Grammys on blast for nominating Dr. Luke, says she might smash her Grammy if she wins

Jordan Miller

3 hours ago, MX3 said:

whats he nominated for? say so? 

Yep. 

It was an alias, but the cat out of the bag slipped and Doja got called out by the media 

Despite being innocent the public and Hollywood sides with Kesha..

Sony fired him though he has three more years left in his distribution deal with Sony. 

Sony bought his contract and kemosabe records fr6him and fired him.  

He really was exiled, and he had to create a new oeesinan 

Even jlo got called out when ain't your mama was a production by him..

Meghan defended her saying we sold the production track way before it all came out. Thus release was all planned don't attack jlo for busing deals that you know nothing about. 

The track was sold to jlo in 2013. Wat before it all came out. 

Fiona apple was 17 when she released her debut album title.

All I need is a good defense cos I'm feeling like a criminal. 

Now he's all I've seen cos he's all I ever knew about love. 

Tidal and criminal is her addressing the ***ual assualt as a teen. 

Criminal is basically how she thought being ***** by a guy was actually love as in high school they never addressed r*** in those education classes that were mandatory.  

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

Dr Luke is a god and if she doesn't want her Grammy she can give it to me, ungrateful unheard of artist :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

She was ***** at age 12 :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

She has every right to despise someone who ***ually assaulted another woman , she's right, i don't care if he's talented, he's a terrible person .....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

No hitsingle, unknown in europe, but her albums-chartpositions in the US. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

Criminal is an iconic hit song even to this day. It was used in the movie Hustlers, alongside Gimme More. Fiona hates publicity and is a loner - she rarely leaves her house, and you won't find her anywhere on social media. Moreover, she has been *****, has battled anorexia (without trying to gain sympathy from public like miss. Selena) and she vents a lot of her anger through her songs - her lyrics are pure poetry btw!

Anyhow, her earlier albums were more pop-yish and flow easier to the ears, but her subsequent ones are the ones more acclaimed by the critics. If you want to go for an easier ride try: Criminal, Paper Bag, I know, Never is a promise, I want you to love me, Not About Love, Carrion - she's one of the greatest (alternative) pop artists that is unfortunately considered too alt to be included in pop categories. 

33 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

Criminal is an iconic hit song even to this day. It was used in the movie Hustlers, alongside Gimme More. Fiona hates publicity and is a loner - she rarely leaves her house, and you won't find her anywhere on social media. Moreover, she has been *****, has battled anorexia (without trying to gain sympathy from public like miss. Selena) and she vents a lot of her anger through her songs - her lyrics are pure poetry btw!

Anyhow, her earlier albums were more pop-yish and flow easier to the ears, but her subsequent ones are the ones more acclaimed by the critics. If you want to go for an easier ride try: Criminal, Paper Bag, I know, Never is a promise, I want you to love me, Not About Love, Carrion - she's one of the greatest (alternative) pop artists that is unfortunately considered too alt to be included in pop categories. 

She owns the record for the longest album title..

When the pawn is actually a short title. When it was proven on the cover.  

The entire album title had 489 words as it was an entire poem. 

It was just shortened for promo purposes only. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Idk what to say :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

I stand with Kesha because such trauma is unbearable and nobody should be excused for it, but then u have the court whom closed the case saying that Dr. Luke is innocent, m confuse, confused and confusion :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

Including @Spicechinodiva

5 hours ago, setib47631 said:

We will never really know what happened between Dr Luke and Kesha, the whole situation was a mess tbh. I am neutral in this case + the legal case is close. Dr Luke is a genius tho.

3 hours ago, ExXL said:

She was ***** at age 12 :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

She has every right to despise someone who ***ually assaulted another woman , she's right, i don't care if he's talented, he's a terrible person .....

2 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

He's innocent boo :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

2 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:

How can some of you guys be 100% sure he's innocent.

The court said this... the court said that ... like c'mon, the systen is fuking corrupted. The same system which still have Britney under the cship.

2 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

The wisest words that have been spoken in this thread so far 

I don't think it's wise to make conclusions about this. I'm just going to paste this from ATRL here:

No court has ever decided whether Dr. Luke is a rap*** or not because that was not the point of Kesha's lawsuit. She filed a civil lawsuit whose relief sought was declaratory judgment that her contracts with Luke's companies are terminated and monetary damages. That's ALL. She did not file a criminal lawsuit to prove that Dr. Luke is a rap*** and put him in jail, so that was never going to happen regardless of the fact that Kesha had to withdraw her California lawsuit because she did not have the money to litigate her California case and Luke's defamation case in New York at the same time. 

The defamation case is still ongoing and next year a jury will determine for the first time in 7 years since all of this started whether Kesha told the truth or not. The question whether Kesha told the truth or not therefore has still not been answered and that is why it is totally inaccurate to say that Dr. Luke "won" or is "innocent" as a matter of fact. In case the jury decides that Kesha told the truth and did not defame Dr. Luke, this narrative would be completely refuted.

The 2016 denial of the preliminary junction that happened as part of the defamation lawsuit and Fiona Apple is talking about here does not refute anything Kesha said. The preliminary injunction only was dismissed for technical reasons (such as statute of limitations) and because Kesha's allegations were not deemed severe enough to warrant an injunction, not because the judge found that Kesha "lied". There is nothing in the corresponding order that states Kesha's claims are incredulous. The main reason for denial of the injunction was that Sony said at the injunction hearing that Kesha could already record music without Dr. Luke which would make an injunction superfluous. This then forced Dr. Luke to give up enforcing his right to produce six songs on every Kesha album and paved the way for Kesha releasing Rainbow.

Kesha's California complaint was preceded by months-long settlement negotiations where she tried to negotiate to be able to record music without Dr. Luke. Before the settlement negotiations, she already talked to Sony vice president Julie Swidler and Sony CEO Doug Morris about the r*** incident and how she could not be in the same room with him. These things were an open book among the entire Sony executive years before the lawsuit began. Kesha did not file an insanely hard to win criminal lawsuit to prove that Luke is a rap*** because she simply wanted to get away from him, hence her many good faith efforts to achieve this goal before any lawsuit.

All of these things will be presented to a jury, including her therapy notes where she described Dr. Luke's abusive behavior to her therapist and deposition transcripts from her former manager David Sonenberg who testified Kesha already told him in 2005 that Dr. Luke ***** her...Until then Kesha did not lie about anything.

That is exactly the issue. Many people believe the lawsuit is "over" and Dr. Luke "won". But the lawsuit is not over at all. In fact, it is only now that we are finally getting towards the actual heart of the case with the jury trial coming up.

But people have formed a wrong impression based on threads and headlines that this is somehow all over and Kesha "lost", though none of the decisions and events so far really had anything to do with whether Kesha told the truth or not. 

Aside from the case, he has many accusations from the industry of him being a slimeball:

Edited by IAmJustAKnee
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block