Fiona Apple puts the Grammys on blast for nominating Dr. Luke, says she might smash her Grammy if she wins

Jordan Miller

13 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

This is from 2011, Kesha initially denied the r*** allegations because Luke threaten her that he would destroy her and her family if she didn't deny the charges. Why would they randomly ask her that in completely unrelated case back in 2011? It's not the first time r*** victims are denying their cases, it was about 2 years after debut, it's not too far fetched that she lied because she was scared for her career, herself, family, etc. Regardless I still don't think it's fair for conclusions :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: 

Edited by IAmJustAKnee
48 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

My man is innocent and that's that 

Like I said, I don't think conclusions are the best idea therefore I respectfully don't agree with "that's that", again:

"No court has ever decided whether Dr. Luke is a rap*** or not because that was not the point of Kesha's lawsuit."

Peace :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Edited by IAmJustAKnee
3 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

He's innocent boo :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

How can you be so sure ? Do you think Kesha woke up 1 morning and decided she wants to get herself into so much mess and legal proceedings only to gain exactly what? Fame ? She doesn't seem that kind of person ....... Until there's a proof I'll believe what my intuition tells me ...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ExXL said:

How can you be so sure ? Do you think Kesha woke up 1 morning and decided she wants to get herself into so much mess and legal proceedings only to gain exactly what? Fame ? She doesn't seem that kind of person ....... Until there's a proof I'll believe what my intuition tells me ...

Kesha made everything up because he did not allow her to release music. So she tried to blackmail him.

• Like 1

Well, this brings back the old question of: should the art be judged based on the morals of the artist? I say no, but the artist should be called out because recognition brings privilege and abusers and predators should be stripped of such. 

Now, I find it funny how so many people unvalidate her with no second thought, by the mere reason she does not have a Billboard hit. So, that makes her anger less plausible? Her reasons less believable? I wonder, if a mainstream artist said this, would the reaction be the same or would many be more understanding of her point? She was rapped while underage, that probably makes her more sensitive towards what a victim goes through. And simply pointing out the immense hypocrisy. She is right they used the me too movement and Kesha's situation to the industry's benefits and now they nominate him again. 

Although I totally respect the diversity of tastes he is a good pop songwriter, but definitely there is not one song of his I consider a masterpiece. He is the poor man's Max Martin. He learnt the tricks, but doesn't use them so masterfully. That term is used very lightly sometimes. Anyways, huge or minimal talent has nothing to do with his alarming background that goes beyond Kesha's story. 

1 hour ago, Bigno said:

Although I totally respect the diversity of tastes he is a good pop songwriter, but definitely there is not one song of his I consider a masterpiece. He is the poor man's Max Martin. He learnt the tricks, but doesn't use them so masterfully. That term is used very lightly sometimes. Anyways, huge or minimal talent has nothing to do with his alarming background that goes beyond Kesha's story. 

But sis: 

No masterpiece? What? 

12 hours ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

She has always been an outspoken artist that didn't take no **** from anybody. An iconic speech at the 1997 VMA's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVHQJlogH0k&ab_channel=Urisu

She's also one of the greatest singer-songwriters and an amazing piano player! Exhale should know better than to bully an important pop culture feminist. 

I agree with u about her talent, however shes seems yet another feminist not caring about Britneys situation and not supporting her freedom publicly :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

In the mid-2000s, your fans launched the Free Fiona campaign to get Epic to release your delayed album Extraordinary Machine. There’s echoes of Free Fiona in the Free Britney movement and in Taylor Swift’s battle to control her music. Are you surprised to see artists still having to fight for autonomy? Do you feel a kinship with them?

Absolutely. I am so on board for Taylor Swift re-recording her songs and I want them to outperform those old recordings. It’s nice to know that the Swifties [her fans] will make that happen. As much as the Swifties terrify me, I respect their power for doing good for her! I was so terrified that I was going to be nominated for [Grammys] album of the year along with Taylor Swift, I’m so relieved [I’m not] because I didn’t wanna get bullied! Britney Spears, I don’t know too much about. Also, I’m bringing up the Grammys and that’s really something that I shouldn’t be doing, but really, Dr Luke is nominated [under pseudonym Tyson Trax]? They had [Kesha] up there singing Praying [a song about her alleged experiences of abuse by Dr Luke, which he denies; Kesha’s case was dismissed in 2016 and the producer is suing her for defamation and breach of contract] and now they’re gonna go: “Oh but it’s Tyson Trax!” I’m waiting to hear more about what Deborah Dugan [former Recording Academy president] has to say [about the culture at the Recording Academy] because that all reeks to me. When you hire somebody and they raise questions and then they get fired? There’s a lot of things that she brought up that make it so that I can’t vet that situation and I don’t really wanna go there and support it.

11 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

I don't think it's wise to make conclusions about this. I'm just going to paste this from ATRL here:

'The question whether Kesha told the truth or not therefore has still not been answered and that is why it is totally inaccurate to say that Dr. Luke "won" or is "innocent" as a matter of fact.'
This is what I was talking about in my comment. @Fenixxx123 said that we are not 100% sure. Same is written in this quote above.

Thanks for sharing anyway.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bundy said:

I agree with u about her talent, however shes seems yet another feminist not caring about Britneys situation and not supporting her freedom publicly :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

In the mid-2000s, your fans launched the Free Fiona campaign to get Epic to release your delayed album Extraordinary Machine. There’s echoes of Free Fiona in the Free Britney movement and in Taylor Swift’s battle to control her music. Are you surprised to see artists still having to fight for autonomy? Do you feel a kinship with them?

Absolutely. I am so on board for Taylor Swift re-recording her songs and I want them to outperform those old recordings. It’s nice to know that the Swifties [her fans] will make that happen. As much as the Swifties terrify me, I respect their power for doing good for her! I was so terrified that I was going to be nominated for [Grammys] album of the year along with Taylor Swift, I’m so relieved [I’m not] because I didn’t wanna get bullied! Britney Spears, I don’t know too much about. Also, I’m bringing up the Grammys and that’s really something that I shouldn’t be doing, but really, Dr Luke is nominated [under pseudonym Tyson Trax]? They had [Kesha] up there singing Praying [a song about her alleged experiences of abuse by Dr Luke, which he denies; Kesha’s case was dismissed in 2016 and the producer is suing her for defamation and breach of contract] and now they’re gonna go: “Oh but it’s Tyson Trax!” I’m waiting to hear more about what Deborah Dugan [former Recording Academy president] has to say [about the culture at the Recording Academy] because that all reeks to me. When you hire somebody and they raise questions and then they get fired? There’s a lot of things that she brought up that make it so that I can’t vet that situation and I don’t really wanna go there and support it.

I mean - she might be just unfamiliar with what's happening with Britney or what her conservatorship entails, so it's better to be hush. She could get acquainted and then answer later down the road (if she gets asked again) - but at the time of this interview, she didn't know much. Would you prefer she faked/manipulated an answer in the sense of - "yes, I fully support the movement of Free Britney", without knowing what that movement represents? 

I do think she could have possibly asked a question/showed more interest about the movement and made a statement in regards to what she would have been told, but her statement is miles away from inappropriate. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block