Fiona Apple puts the Grammys on blast for nominating Dr. Luke, says she might smash her Grammy if she wins

Jordan Miller

• Leader

fionna-apple-grammys.jpg.1d7c2a264ebaaba1c85bd2928b009600.jpg

Fiona Apple is nominated in three categories at the 2021 Grammys. She thought about boycotting the show altogether. She's also contemplated smashing her Grammy award with a sledgehammer should she win. 

Apple is protesting the Grammys because they nominated producer Dr. Luke, who was nominated under the pseudonym Tyson Trax.

Kesha claims Dr. Luke s**ually assaulted her and is currently still fighting him in court over it.

Here's what she told The Guardian:

“I keep going back to them putting Kesha on stage like, ‘We believe you’ — and I believe her — then two years later, ******* Tyson Trax. Not to go back to that word, but it’s bull****. The feeling of wanting to celebrate with these women was genuine. But I should have that feeling anyway. I don’t know if anybody who’s nominated can help having the thought: What would I do If I won? My vision was that I would just get up there with a sledgehammer and I wouldn’t say anything, I would take the Grammy and smash it into enough pieces to share and I would invite all the ladies up. My second thought was I wonder if I can get all these ladies to boycott this **** because of Dr. Luke.”

She added: 

“I’m waiting to hear more about what Deborah Dugan has to say [about the culture at the Recording Academy] because that all reeks to me,” she said.

“When you hire somebody and they raise questions and then they get fired? There’s a lot of things that she brought up that make it so that I can’t vet that situation and I don’t really wanna go there and support it.”

Apple smashing her Grammy on stage would be a total mood. 

Exhale, are we gonna help her break it or nah?

Related:

Exhale+  |  Apparel |  YouTube