1998 demo of Britney Spears singing "Sweet Kisses" surfaces (later given to Jessica Simpson)

So we are missing the demo recordings of:

1. Nothing Less Than Real

2. Wishing On A Falling Star

3. Sweet Kisses

4. Final Heartbreak

5. I'll Leave It Up To You

6. If You Could See Me Now

7. You Got It All (Full Force production)

8. Love The Hurt Away (Full Force production)

9. Love The Hurt Away with Dong Philip

10. Let Me Take You There

11. Today (pre-album demo)

12. I Have Nothing (pre-album demo)

But did anyone ever tried to get any information about the album Britney was recording in 1994? We have the photoshoot, but we have no knowledge about what style it was meant to be?

--

This is what Dong Philip was saying in an interview in 2000. If he recorded about 60 songs then Britney, being Jive's priority, must have recorded around that number too.

Have you ever played big shows in the past?

Well, Im going to join the last leg of the Britney tour this summer and Ive never played crowds that big. Im not nervous, but I know I have to really put on a good show.

So the people in the back get their moneys worth.

(laughs) There is a lot of people to appease.

Is the music something you write or is it brought in? How is it done?

It is a little bit of both. What we want is the best songs we can get. Jive is very particular about the songs that go on the album. Most record labels today are concerned about one or two singles and the rest is fillers. Jive is about a real quality album. Ive actually been signed for over a year and a half and Ive probably recorded sixty songs. I always say that if I die Im going out like Tupac, because Jive will have enough songs to release four cds on me. We really picked and chose the best songs. We have a real quality album.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

One of my contacts I spoke to who worked in the studio with Britney for the debut had this to say. 
Britney recorded many, many tracks for the ...Baby One More Time Album, or as it was back in the early recording sessions ‘Britney Spears’. I was not present for the recording of ‘Sweet Kisses’ but I can remember Britney recording multiple songs which then went to Jessica Simpson. ‘Sweet Kisses’ was on a demo cassette, and if can remember correctly Britney personally loving this song, but felt she couldn’t showcase her vocals very well on the track. This was also the case with another Jessica Simpson track.”

I could see this Britney was very adamant that she didn’t find most of the songs on BOMT to be vocally challenging and she wanted to showcase more of her range.

5 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

But did anyone ever tried to get any information about the album Britney was recording in 1994? We have the photoshoot, but we have no knowledge about what style it was meant to be?

Wasn't it also stated in that beauty pageant performance that she was signed to the same label as Boyz II Men? That would've been around 1996 and she was signed to Jive Records in 1997. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

What photoshoot? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

7 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

So we are missing the demo recordings of:

1. Nothing Less Than Real

2. Wishing On A Falling Star

3. Sweet Kisses

4. Final Heartbreak

5. I'll Leave It Up To You

6. If You Could See Me Now

7. You Got It All (Full Force production)

8. Love The Hurt Away (Full Force production)

9. Love The Hurt Away with Dong Philip

10. Let Me Take You There

11. Today (pre-album demo)

12. I Have Nothing (pre-album demo)

--

This is what Dong Philip was saying in an interview in 2000. If he recorded about 60 songs then Britney, being Jive's priority, must have recorded around that number too.

Have you ever played big shows in the past?

Well, Im going to join the last leg of the Britney tour this summer and Ive never played crowds that big. Im not nervous, but I know I have to really put on a good show.

So the people in the back get their moneys worth.

(laughs) There is a lot of people to appease.

Is the music something you write or is it brought in? How is it done?

It is a little bit of both. What we want is the best songs we can get. Jive is very particular about the songs that go on the album. Most record labels today are concerned about one or two singles and the rest is fillers. Jive is about a real quality album. Ive actually been signed for over a year and a half and Ive probably recorded sixty songs. I always say that if I die Im going out like Tupac, because Jive will have enough songs to release four cds on me. We really picked and chose the best songs. We have a real quality album.

I was never sure if she recorded anything when she was with Stonecreek, and even if she did it was probably just rough demos. Maybe @PlayboiMommy might know more?

7 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

One of my contacts I spoke to who worked in the studio with Britney for the debut had this to say. 
Britney recorded many, many tracks for the ...Baby One More Time Album, or as it was back in the early recording sessions ‘Britney Spears’. I was not present for the recording of ‘Sweet Kisses’ but I can remember Britney recording multiple songs which then went to Jessica Simpson. ‘Sweet Kisses’ was on a demo cassette, and if can remember correctly Britney personally loving this song, but felt she couldn’t showcase her vocals very well on the track. This was also the case with another Jessica Simpson track.”

Who did you speak to?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Isla said:

I was never sure if she recorded anything when she was with Stonecreek, and even if she did it was probably just rough demos. Maybe @PlayboiMommy might know more?

I don't really know either to be honest. She was "signed" for roughly one year and by the time she was released Stonecreek had only put out one album and they folded shortly after that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Sam_(album)

The only quotes we have are from people who mentioned writing songs for her, they never clarified whether or not she recorded their songs

Michael Cottrill & Larry Wnukowski: The background of this case begins in 1995, when William Kahn, the talent scout and representative of Britney Spears, invited Cottrill and Wnukowski to submit song materials for Ms. Spears. Cottrill and Wnukowski started writing material for Ms. Spears and eventually submitted some material to Mr. Kahn for consideration

Vivian Green: It wasn't long though until she got into the sunlight, making the acquaintance of Michael McCary of Boyz II Men, who asked her to join his writing/publishing company. There she wrote for a 13-year-old Britney Spears and Boyz as well as recording her own demos that caught the ear of RuffHouse Records

Similar to Final Heartbreak, StrawberryKisses also mentioned a song she supposedly recorded while she was signed to Stonecreek that was later re-recorded with Eric Foster White in 1997 titled Take It Away but who knows

• Love 1