AJ from Backstreet Boys wants to make a music video for "Matches" with Britney Spears

Just now, Spearsfan said:

Interesting.

So Britney has been recording stuff post Glory. Maybe she still loves making music. I actually find this a positive. 

I doubt we will get a video. 

We knew this.

B10 was gonna be released in 2019, for BOMTS 20th anniversary, alongside the new residency.

Britneys big condition to working is she'll only do it if her father is out of the picture.

• Love 5
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, MM0219 said:

The difference is, Britney was very much involved in her career in 2003. She wanted Madonna on MATM - which was an error of judgment on her part in my opinion, but that's a story for another day. 

Compare that to now, we don't know if Britney even approved of her version being mixed with the Backstreet Boys. That's the issue and that's what sits uneasy with me. 

Are they both on the same **** label that is RCA? 

LOL, error of judgment? Yeah right.

5 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

We knew this.

B10 was gonna be released in 2019, for BOMTS 20th anniversary, alongside the new residency.

Britneys big condition to working is she'll only do it if her father is out of the picture.

I didn’t know that about b10

I wasn’t on here during that time much. 

To be fair though she told her son she was gonna retire. So there are a lot of different things being said. It’s just good to know as a fan that she still is recording new music after her last release. 

I feel like as a Britney fan we always are living in the past. We are celebrating two old tracks (which I like both a lot) while Taylor Stans get two new albums of this year. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It is kinda disgusting because it really just proves it was a cashgrab. The song was never intended for Glory or to be a collab.

About the nature of the song, there's nothing wrong with it. As I said, songs usually go through a long process before they're released. Even many of Britney's hits weren't even intended for her in their inception: BOMT, Slave, Toxic, HIAM, etc. Similarly, there are several songs Britney passed that became another artist's hits. 

I feel like it was a similar situation as PG, which was supposed to be on Iggy's record, then they took it from her telling her that Britney was releasing it as the lead single off B9, only for that initial project to be scrapped and the song remained a solo single. 

If it wasn't intended for Glory, then it was intended for B10, or for a stand-alone release. Whatever the case, Britney recorded it, so at some point she might have expected to release it when a whole project was finished. She's aware that what she records becomes the label's property, and they most likely can release the material whenever they find it pertinent, especially in cases like hers, where she's still under a contract with them but there's no date for her to go back to the studio.  There's no case in saving whatever material she recorded for whenever B10 comes out, which could take years, since these songs will be more than outdated by then.

A cashgrab, maybe, but why is it disgusting if that's the record label's business, make money by selling records? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

He said it was for the BSB album, but Brit recorded the entire track... is he lying or is it another Tilt Ya Head Back situation?  

She probably recorded the whole song and eventually they were to pick bits from her part to mix with theirs? That's what I imagine it to be at least:orangu_orangutan_ape: 

Otherwise, if that's what the song was supposed to look like for their album, I don't understand why they'd even consider it since AJ only sings in the first 50 seconds or so, the rest is Britney. It is a bit odd but I don't really know what their idea was/the recording process,etc.:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

17 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I didn’t know that about b10

I wasn’t on here during that time much. 

To be fair though she told her son she was gonna retire. So there are a lot of different things being said. It’s just good to know as a fan that she still is recording new music after her last release. 

I feel like as a Britney fan we always are living in the past. We are celebrating two old tracks (which I like both a lot) while Taylor Stans get two new albums of this year. 

You can't take what Jayden said as gospel. First of all, he said she said she might retire, she didn't say "hey, I'm retiring for good, son". And even if she said so, she also said she was done with men in 2016 and just a few months later she found Sam. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

You can't take what Jayden said as gospel. First of all, he said she said she might retire, she didn't say "hey, I'm retiring for good, son". And even if she said so, she also said she was done with men in 2016 and just a few months later she found Sam. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

We all knew that was a lie the minute she said that. I wouldn’t be surprised if we do get a new music video....

for “Boys”

That song has haunted me for how many tours now. I already know if she tours again it will be there even if toxic has to get cut. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Invitation said:

well Britney also was forced to pick up Little Mix reject 'Pretty Girls' so I'm not surprised.

I dont think that was her idea tbh, thats why I was being ironic.