AJ from Backstreet Boys wants to make a music video for "Matches" with Britney Spears

2 hours ago, MM0219 said:

As I suspected. It wasn't intended to be a collaboration. 

gordon ramsay smh GIF by Fox TV

exactly. I bet this was scrapped by Britney’s team and they added the bsb part later because they didn’t have anything else to release. 

but then the timing is intriguing because if it was recorded and rejected by bsb in 2017 and then Britney’s team picked it up this song wasn’t planned for Glory, it was planned for B10:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MM0219 said:

The difference is, Britney was very much involved in her career in 2003. She wanted Madonna on MATM - which was an error of judgment on her part in my opinion, but that's a story for another day. 

Compare that to now, we don't know if Britney even approved of her version being mixed with the Backstreet Boys. That's the issue and that's what sits uneasy with me. 

Are they both on the same **** label that is RCA? 

I think Britney has more say than we all know. If she doesn't like something she will let you know. 

E.g she actually likes Iggy and Tinashe , therefore she was ok with the collabs and she also like the veggie steamed girl on "Drop dead" . 

• Haha 2

So it's a track patched up from two demos/versions that were meant for different artists at a certain point in time. Britney had no intention of collaborating with anyone.

Obvious cash grab is obvious. 

They're clearly defying Britney's wishes and taking advantage of the confusion during these pandemic times.

Eff them. All of them.

Awkward Britney Spears GIF by X Factor Global - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

You can't take what Jayden said as gospel. First of all, he said she said she might retire, she didn't say "hey, I'm retiring for good, son". And even if she said so, she also said she was done with men in 2016 and just a few months later she found Sam. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

THIS.

It annoys me that everyone takes every comment she makes to heart just like the original Make Me footage of her supposedly cussing to David as she hates the concept and scrapped it yet we see her look more alive in the leaked video than the official one we got.

On top of everything she’s done, you can tell music is her passion. It’s what motivates her to dance and perform. Even if she’s not making music she will still be enjoying music from other artists. In the past she’s always bothered that her image was always more emphasized than her music. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

About the nature of the song, there's nothing wrong with it. As I said, songs usually go through a long process before they're released. Even many of Britney's hits weren't even intended for her in their inception: BOMT, Slave, Toxic, HIAM, etc. Similarly, there are several songs Britney passed that became another artist's hits. 

I feel like it was a similar situation as PG, which was supposed to be on Iggy's record, then they took it from her telling her that Britney was releasing it as the lead single off B9, only for that initial project to be scrapped and the song remained a solo single. 

If it wasn't intended for Glory, then it was intended for B10, or for a stand-alone release. Whatever the case, Britney recorded it, so at some point she might have expected to release it when a whole project was finished. She's aware that what she records becomes the label's property, and they most likely can release the material whenever they find it pertinent, especially in cases like hers, where she's still under a contract with them but there's no date for her to go back to the studio.  There's no case in saving whatever material she recorded for whenever B10 comes out, which could take years, since these songs will be more than outdated by then.

A cashgrab, maybe, but why is it disgusting if that's the record label's business, make money by selling records? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

This would have had to have been approved by Britneys team as its using her name and work.

Britney is refusing to work.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MM0219 said:

As I suspected. It wasn't intended to be a collaboration. 

gordon ramsay smh GIF by Fox TV

Yeah cuz the song sucks. It's obvious, and he kind of admitted to thinking it sucks as well, by saying they rejected it in the first place.

It was not picked up by Britney tho, it was picked up by Britney's team cuz they are desperately using scraps and rejects now, in order to produce more milk, now that their "cash cow" is unable to produce fresh milk for them. hot tub water GIF by Nicki Minaj.  

• Like 1

Aj seems nice but...

It was obvious they didn't think about the feature, Britney and BSB parts sounds like recorded ages apart. 

If this was the direction of B10 can you imagine how bad It would be? Like Britney Jean bad. 

The song doesn't sound finished at all, more like two demos together.

A music video with Britney twirling non stop or with the MM body Double? Kim Kardashian Reality Tv GIF

• Like 4