AJ from Backstreet Boys wants to make a music video for "Matches" with Britney Spears

9 minutes ago, MM0219 said:

The difference is, Britney was very much involved in her career in 2003. She wanted Madonna on MATM - which was an error of judgment on her part in my opinion.

Compare that to now, we don't know if Britney even approved of her version being mixed with the Backstreet Boys. That's the issue and that's what sits uneasy with me. 

I think she was still experimenting at the studio in 2017, wasn't then when she recorded one of the Pitbull tracks? 

• Like 3

BURN THE NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL IN THE VIDEO AJ, PLEEEEEEEASE! :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: I want EVERYONE to know about this song!!!

56 minutes ago, godneyjspears said:

He also clarifies the track was recorded in 2017 for their last album DNA and was then picked up by Britney after they rejected it 

Queen of Identifying Hits!

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Were the other BSB even present when this was recorded? 

I think AJ sings first in the first verse, then Nick and I think Bryan is doing the first prechorus. Not sure how much Kevin and Howie contributed. But of course I could be very wrong^^

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Disgusting yes, because I think a BSB x Britney collab should've been planned and produced by someone like Max Martin

surprising, not so much. MATM wasn't intended as a collab either. Tbh, if something we've learned with Britney's songs and basically any artist, is that they go to a lot of hands before they finally get released by someone, so I don't think that a song that is rejected by an artist first then released by another or wasn't a collab then it was, or vice versa, I don't think any of that makes a song less worthy. It's just the process of the music business. 

It is kinda disgusting because it really just proves it was a cashgrab. The song was never intended for Glory or to be a collab.

• Like 5