Does SITS make you emotional?

jordeezy river red

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

I had a few drinks last night..listened to it properly for the first time headphones in,  I cried,  I actually cried..but it wasn't sadness..it was happy tears.. like I havnt heard her voice in so long,and the whole cship situation,  and the fact that I've been single for so so long..it just gave me hope.. I cried ..for me

I cried ..for her

I just gave me hope,  like I will never give up on her, her voice has a way that just gets me.. even with all the effects its like you understand her through her music..after such a **** year for all this song was just a glimmer of hope.. a light at the end of the tunnel 

Those bangs in the chorus..I was just like "yaaassss come through queen!!"

:cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me::thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Omg yes. There's something about her voice that just really radiates her soul.

2 hours ago, Musicandsoul said:

its a little bit of a reach, but also sounded just about accurate tbh!! 

this is what i hear too!! Her delivery is so subdued but also theres a power to it and a ‘longing for’ feeling thats quite present throughout.. its like theres strength but vulnerability too.. a longing for freedom and real true love. Its sounds like the writers really encapsulated her emotional state, same with Mood Ring. And i feel the team came in and sabotaged it all. 

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this is among the best from her discography.. dont quote me!

Exactly..like there's a real need for love and freedom but also a longing for it...like this is something shes wanted for a long time and those bangs give the song a sense of urgency..like shes without saying getting inpatient of not having the freedom to simply live it..its like the producer's knew the message she really wants us to get ..this song is definitely 1 of the strongest songs that have more than meets the eye.. with a few listens and a bit of insight into britneys life its understandable why she just wants love and freedom..it has a real jack and Rose feel to it..   Us against the world..the bangs for me are just a symbol of the longing for freedom..that she's trying to achieve her dreams and low key fighting for it.. 

To say the song is solely about that is absurd,  but to say its part of britneys story and the struggles shes endured to get where she now is isn't out of the question..

I think the song has more meaning when you think of britneys situation.. on the balcony at night,  staring out at the mountains under the stars and just dreaming for things to one day change and to not feel so isolated..swimming in the stars is a cute concept but could it mean freedom in general? Possibly. 

Archived