Britney Spears' Instagram account acknowledges "Swimming in the Stars" release

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2aI5W6iNCR3UEtEJYd6d

Billy, Hi, it's Britney. So as my best friend I just wanted to let you know that I fully approve of SITS release and feel free to spread the word (as you do.)

MV5BMTM1MjA0Njg1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDEw

Wow thanks Britney. So good to hear from you. Happy Birthday! I'll of course let the fans know. You know how I love attention. 

2B102A8500000578-3183860-image-m-125_143 

Is it done, Myah? Did the fans fall for it? 

press-shot-1-pc-randee-st.-nicolas.jpg?w 

Now that I've stopped releasing music/performing I'm sure my freedom will soon come...

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

GtKX-EGIU0VsUMzv6VaUouoSVEE3iZI0hv7EnaGKBilly, Hi, it's Britney. So as my best friend I just wanted to let you know that I fully approve of SITS release and feel free to spread the word (as you do.)

MV5BMTM1MjA0Njg1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDEwWow thanks Britney. So good to hear from you. Happy Birthday! I'll of course let the fans know. You know how I love attention. 

2B102A8500000578-3183860-image-m-125_143   Is it done, Myah? Did the fans fall for it? 

press-shot-1-pc-randee-st.-nicolas.jpg?w Now that I've stopped releasing music/performing I'm sure my freedom will soon come...

Sounds legit.

irpLvJS.gif

• Love 1
14 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

I’m still team she doesn’t control her account. I think her team is trying to convince us she is in control of it by not posting about any new releases (since we know she’s essentially on strike)

We've truly gone full circle on her Instagram account. 

It shall remain a mystery. 

11 hours ago, David Rose said:

Listen, I'm not saying unequivocally that she does or doesn't support it cause I don't think we'll ever know for a fact either way. But even if she were to acknowledge it on social media, EVEN IN A VIDEO, it still wouldn't be enough for most people because they would just argue that she was forced to say it or forced to post it. There's no changing anyone's mind here lol

:tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

11 hours ago, David Rose said:

Listen, I'm not saying unequivocally that she does or doesn't support it cause I don't think we'll ever know for a fact either way. But even if she were to acknowledge it on social media, EVEN IN A VIDEO, it still wouldn't be enough for most people because they would just argue that she was forced to say it or forced to post it. There's no changing anyone's mind here lol

At this point. If she releases video it will be because she had to aka was convinced aka forced by her team.

At this point only thing I trust are court documents.

irpLvJS.gif

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Easy There said:

At this point. If she releases video it will be because she had to aka was convinced aka forced by her team.

At this point only thing I trust are court documents.

irpLvJS.gif

But does releasing a song she recorded 5 years ago that she's more than likely contractually obligated to release fall under the umbrella of "work"? It's a valid question.

1 minute ago, David Rose said:

But does releasing a song she recorded 5 years ago that she's more than likely contractually obligated to release fall under the umbrella of "work"? It's a valid question.

Well. They have most likely released this without even asking her. James/lawyers probably gave their consent. She won't do any work/promo 4 it. So she is staying true to her word lol.

irpLvJS.gif

1 minute ago, Easy There said:

Well. They have most likely released this without even asking her. James/lawyers probably gave their consent. She won't do any work/promo 4 it. So she is staying true to her word lol.

irpLvJS.gif

It does seem telling to me that she commented on the producer's IG post about the song, out of respect and cause shes just a sweetheart, but has chosen not to say anything about it on her own social media. Like... what.

Then again we also seem sure that she doesn't control her socials at all, so honestly idfk anymore.

28 minutes ago, David Rose said:

It does seem telling to me that she commented on the producer's IG post about the song, out of respect and cause shes just a sweetheart, but has chosen not to say anything about it on her own social media. Like... what.

Then again we also seem sure that she doesn't control her socials at all, so honestly idfk anymore.

Its easier to crack Da Vincis codes these days. Than it is to crack what's going on in Britneys world.

irpLvJS.gif

• Haha 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, David Rose said:

I see your point but I highly doubt she’d be contractually obligated to release a song now for 4+ year old album. It’s just way past the scope of reasonable album cycle. They’re honestly just trying to milk the album for all it’s worth and hoodwink gullible and compliant fans into re-buying it by throwing in a couple of rejected songs. As long as her boycott continues, they’ll grow increasingly desperate so be prepared for these tacky sales tactics to continue/get worse. 

15 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I see your point but I highly doubt she’d be contractually obligated to release a song now for 4+ year old album. It’s just way past the scope of reasonable album cycle. They’re honestly just trying to milk the album for all it’s worth and hoodwink gullible and compliant fans into re-buying it by throwing in a couple of rejected songs. As long as her boycott continues, they’ll grow increasingly desperate so be prepared for these tacky sales tactics to continue/get worse. 

I dont think the contract in question pertains to Glory specifically, but just a release of some kind to fulfill a legal obligation. They probably felt this was the only thing that made any type of sense that she wouldn't have to do anything for. But yeah, you could well be right.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, David Rose said:

I dont think the contract in question pertains to Glory specifically, but just a release of some kind to fulfill a legal obligation. They probably felt this was the only thing that made any type of sense that she wouldn't have to do anything for. But yeah, you could well be right.

Yeah, either way, I doubt Britney herself was part of the equation.

• Like 1