Sam Smith "Love Goes" - What happened?

allthat88

They should have released the album right after How do you sleep.  Too many damn singles before an album that changed concepts and faced multiple delays gets released with zero American promo. Sam lost steam and some likability from the straights AND gays. Sam also said multiple times they were going full pop dance and I was SOOOO bored listening to the album. And that song with Demi...:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 3

He overexposed himself through social media. I feel like the Lewis Capaldi fellow will be the new Sam Smith. He had a male Adele image: a soft, semi-broken image with emotional songs to go with it. 

Honestly, people just get tired of artists some times. It has nothing to do with their behaviour or their songs. When his first album came out, he was everywhere. Haven’t heard from him since.

Wow... people on here really seem to have a problem with them being non binary. It’s kinda sad to see, why does it bother ppl so much to use the pronoun someone prefers? 

I actually really like the album, but I think it lost steam. It would have been better to release it following dancing with a stranger and how do you sleep, but those came out so long ago. It’s also weird because it seemed like the whole album would be a dance album based on dwas, hdys, I’m ready, and diamonds, but then the majority of the album still ended up being ballads

and midtempos again. It’s still good, just feels a bit all over the place. I also think love goes is the worst song on the album lol. 

I also think there gave been so many albums that came out this year, it’s kinda been hard to enjoy them all. Arianas album came out the same day and kinda overshadowed love goes (though I think love goes is much better). Plus Kylie, Little Mix, and now Miley. Plus great albums this year from Gaga, Dua, Taylor, and Ava Max- there been a lot of competition for pop lovers to listen to. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Wow... people on here really seem to have a problem with them being non binary. It’s kinda sad to see, why does it bother ppl so much to use the pronoun someone prefers? 

I actually really like the album, but I think it lost steam. It would have been better to release it following dancing with a stranger and how do you sleep, but those came out so long ago. It’s also weird because it seemed like the whole album would be a dance album based on dwas, hdys, I’m ready, and diamonds, but then the majority of the album still ended up being ballads

and midtempos again. It’s still good, just feels a bit all over the place. I also think love goes is the worst song on the album lol. 

I also think there gave been so many albums that came out this year, it’s kinda been hard to enjoy them all. Arianas album came out the same day and kinda overshadowed love goes (though I think love goes is much better). Plus Kylie, Little Mix, and now Miley. Plus great albums this year from Gaga, Dua, Taylor, and Ava Max- there been a lot of competition for pop lovers to listen to. 

It’s not that anyone has a problem with non-binary, it’s the fact that Sam smith was annoying about it. 

• Love 2
On 11/30/2020 at 6:46 PM, aleomg said:

I honestly think people (including me) were expecing more up-tempo dance songs in the vein of Promises, Dancing with a Stranger, How Do You Sleep? and I Feel Love. 

Instead, they gave us a lot of mid-tempos / ballads and the few “dance” ones were not as dancy as the others. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

A huge letdown when listening to the record. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

This.  I feel the exact same way.

• Love 1

Yikes, there is some pretty hateful stuff on this. 

It is REALLY hard to be an out LGBTQIA+ artists. I thought we were past seeing this being an issue. I do think that there is only so much the Sis Gendered GP can take, and pronouns are still a pretty new concept and REALLY out there for the GP. I find, a lot of them can understand a trans person needing to be called she in stead of he, and nice versa, but they/them starts to make their minds hurt. In my opnion this goes with the sales:

1. Out Typical Gay White Male

2. FEM Gay White Male

3. FEM Gay White "Them" 

It is just too much for the GP....but Ill always be a fan.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block