Rank Britney's 9 album eras

PickleSpears

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Where does the Blackout era end and Circus era begin?  I always combined those two. Is it VMA 2008? 

I consider Blackout from Gimme More release to Break the Ice music video. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Or if you want, until the conservatorship was put in place. It's just weird to think of the whole 2008 as still part of Blackout, but technically it was until the release of Womanizer

7 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Blackout was Gimme More to BTI and Circus was Womanizer to the end of the Circus Tour (although I don't consider 3 to be in the Circus era but technically it is)

I consider stand-alone singles / compilations as their own era. Like, My Prerogative to me was a new era different than In the Zone. 3, was separate of Circus. Scream & Shout and Ooh La La were separate from FF. Pretty Girls was separate of BJ.

1. Circus - most aesthetically pleasing

2. Glory - most fun to experience

3. Britney - peak Britney-the-popstar

4. OIDIA - millennium nostalgia, polished, career-defining

5. ITZ - s-e-x and glamour, but the beginning spiral into trashy 

6. BOMT - millennium nostalgia, bright-eyed optimism 

7. BJ - polished but concerning in its roboticism, restrained

8. Femme Fatale - exciting to experience but so messy in retrospect, drastic shift in energy

9. Blackout - non-existent era, TMZ nonsense shouldn’t count

1. Britney (She was Barbie, on top the world, amazing music and performances, commercial and Pepsi queen, ICONIC VMA performance perfect transitional album, she was s-e-x-y but still an innocent queen)

2. Oops (Marketing heaven, iconic album, she was everywhere and a house hold name by this point, and even though it's bubblegummy the album is EAR candy, ICONIC VMA peformance)

3. ITZ (s-e-xney, some amazing performances, music that still sounds fresh to this day, felt she was a little over it when she met Kevin though - ala Chaotic era and some onyx tour performances)

4. BOMT (The birth of Britney and the iconic baby video, the world fell in love with her 😍)

5. Circus - (Circus video for me and the production of the Circus Tour were fab, lots of promotion and she looked beautiful!)

6. Blackout (one of my favourite albums so couldn't go any further down the list, but bad time for her as well as not much else happening other than bad tabloid press)

7. Glory - (Britney coming back to form musically after BJ :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:, great album, censored interviews, cringe worthy budget cutting when Piece Of Me toured, like is this really what you expect from BRITNEY ********** SPEARS, when she comes out at 1:33

8. Femme Fatale (Great consistent dance album, it was weird to see Britney so different in the way she looked, acted and performed on stage. Still a tour with amazing production - US version anyway as B stage was gone for international touring - I guess this was the first sight of budget cutting - very distant on stage and like she didn't want to be there)

9. Britney Jean (Deceived from the beginning when they told us it would be her most 'personal' record ever, when really throwing in a few cliche lines like 'you'll never know what you got til its gone' or having someone else since a song with your sister - ala chillin with uuuu - doesn't really make for that. A lot of shady business going on behind the scenes, very bizarre era)

1. Britney -  primeney finally came into fruition and ruled the world harder than Oprah. Or Beyoncé’s current reign.

2. oops. - not just a one hit sensation. But a global icon in the making. 

3. Circus - biggest comeback after head shaving . All eyes on her in the center on the ring just like a circus “literally”

4. Botm - brand new girl on the scene and quite impressive akin to Janet and Madonna. The greats of pop music entertainment.

5. ITZ - the kiss was big but the busted knee or ankle was bigger kinda ruined shiiiiit. Tbh 🥺🤦🏻‍♀️

6. FF - meh performances and deepened voice but we 3 top 10 hits. 🤷🏻‍♀️🥂🙌🏻 And reintroduction to a new generation of fans. 

7.  Glory - came to show jlo whose the real queen of Vegas and it worked! And we got so so vma performance.

8. BJ - just flew an airplane and said hey y’all. 😅

9. blackout. - just a vma performance that was critically panned Bc of her messy non blending hair extensions. Tbh.

10. The original doll 😭😭- a shoutout on Ryan secrets that her new album would be called the original doll but nvr came to see the light of day. 

1. Britney

2. Circus

3. Oops!... I Did It Again

4. ...Baby One More Time

5. Femme Fatale

6. In The Zone (could've been #1 had the tour and outrageous release not been cancelled)

7. Glory (could've been at number 5 had it been properly promoted)

8. Britney Jean

9. Blackout

1. Oops!...I Did It Again: AMAZING era! Top on the world, Perfect Millennial Nostalgia, Mega-huge album, Amazing tour, ton of promo, TRL Queen, 2000 VMA performance, Justney was the biggest couple around the time, most searched celebrity of 2000, best-selling artist of 2000. A magical era overall and must have been an extremely fun era as a Britney fan.
  2. Britney: SPECTACULAR era! An amazing and extremely successful follow-up to the OIDIA era, A Papparazzi dream shot, Was everywhere, her most overexposed era, 3 huge international hits, the iconic DWAD tour, 2001 VMA performance, the third best selling artist of 2001, most powerful celebrity of 2002. Even though a lot of hate started to root from this era, it was still a great and memorable era for not only us but Britney. 
  3. Baby One More Time: STRONGEST era! The biggest pop song of the 1990s, massively-successful album and era, Britney was all over the radio and magazines, teenage controversy, every girl wanted to be her and every boy wanted her, Barbie dolls made of Britney, Sometimes, 4 huge international hits, the peak of the 90s. She was the most loved star in the world and the BOMT is the most handled album of all time.
  4. In The Zone: CONTROVERSIAL era! The greatest pop song of this century, massive critical acclaim, huge controversy, the onyx hotel tour, 3 huge WW hits, first post-justney era, most paid celebrity of 2003 (or 04), In The Zone was MASSIVE going platinum in 17 countries, the VMA 2004 controversy, biggest name in pop and certified pop icon. Even though this was when the Britney hate train became massive, it was still a crazy time to be a fan.
  5. Circus: MEMORABLE era! Her biggest album and single since ITZ and Toxic (Circus album and Womanizer), 3 huge hits, Controverseyney at her finest, The Circus Starring Britney Spears Tour, Top of the world again, Huge comeback, Teen Choice Awards Ultimate Legend, Circus (album) was a huge success, For The Record, Britney sinning her first VMA’s. A big era when it was fun to see haters and critics jaw drop to the floor when Circus sold 505k in its first week when it was predicted only to sell 320k.
  6. Femme Fatale: FUN era! Even though Britney was not happy, she was still commercially successful, Femme Fatale, Till the world ends, hold it again, 2 #1s, 3 huge international hits, Her highest selling album of the 2010s, one of the biggest stars at the time.
  7. Myah Marie Jean: Horrible era :dontlike_chewing_gum_zoom_bomt_britney:
  8. Blackout: A Scary era. The album was legendary tho and was a cultural reset . :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:
  9. Glory: Disappointing era :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

1. Britney
2. ITZ
3. Blackout 
4. OIDIA
5. Circus
6. Glory
7. BOMT
8. FF
9. BJ

I know the BOMT era gave us Britney, but compared to the level her performances were at in other eras, I think this one falls short. No disrespect, just tried to consider the whole mall tour and smaller tours she did during this time--lots of covers during her tour, etc. I know Blackout didn't get the promo it needed, but this album is iconic. I think it's undeniable that she was at her peak during the Britney and ITZ eras even though ITZ was cut short. She was everywhere during those years and was such a trendsetter.

Archived