If black singers community/culture had a Queen who helps all other black singers with their creativity who would it be?

FullyDattAndDatt3full

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

In terms of promotion or in terms of music? zoomed in .gif.

She and MJ def paved the way in getting Black artists more equal treatment and respect but there's still a long way to go. zoomed in .gif

Both, actually. She would get boo’d at awards shows, protested at record stores & just straight up blacklisted in the community, despite her immense talent. It’s crazy to believe, especially being introduced to her when The Bodyguard was released. 

Um, why do we need a queen to specifically help our race?  We're more than capable of slaying the music/entertainment industry on our own. Look at the global charts, we do well.  Also, there's TONS of black people who help other races too (in addition to dancing, producing, writing, backup vocals, etc.).  Also black entertainers are from all over the world, not just the U.S. so that's kinda racist to group everyone all together like we need help or saving when other races don't.  Really tired of people labeling us like we're victims or below than everyone else when the music charts and entertainment social videos that trend show otherwise.

I consider Britney a queen, Janet a queen, Sade a queen, etc. doesn't mean they help a particular race. They're incredibly talented, and that makes them a queen in their own respect, not to help a specific race. They are inspirations not some race saviors.

7 hours ago, jennyj said:

Um, why do we need a queen to specifically help our race?  We're more than capable of slaying the music/entertainment industry on our own. Look at the global charts, we do well.  Also, there's TONS of black people who help other races too (in addition to dancing, producing, writing, backup vocals, etc.).  Also black entertainers are from all over the world, not just the U.S. so that's kinda racist to group everyone all together like we need help or saving when other races don't.  Really tired of people labeling us like we're victims or below than everyone else when the music charts and entertainment social videos that trend show otherwise.

I consider Britney a queen, Janet a queen, Sade a queen, etc. doesn't mean they help a particular race. They're incredibly talented, and that makes them a queen in their own respect, not to help a specific race. They are inspirations not some race saviors.

Don't take this too seriously. I just wanted opinions within the question.

Plus, I don't mean it as a bad thread.

I think I will make the same thread for other groups too.

Just because I talk about a community or a culture, doesn't mean I want something like discrimination.

Archived