Is Mood Ring (By Demand) an official Britney Spears single?

Lonely2001

SO IS MOOD RING AN OFFICIAL BRITNEY SPEARS SINGLE?

This song at first was an exclusive Japanese track and this year it was added to Glory standard edition. After that the song recieved two remixes that were uploaded to streaming platforms. However it has no physical release. So is this song an official Britney Spears single released only digitaly or is it a promotional single just like I've Just Begun was?

What do you guys think?

Here is a cool Mood Ring Lyric Video:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

well, it's either a single or an EP :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

singles.png

Slumber Party wasn't released as an individual single, they just replaced the standard track with Tinashe's version. What they released a month later was a Remixes EP, which is exactly what Mood Ring got, so...

If we consider SP a single, then Mood Ring is too. It's just missing a music video.

The only problem is that SP was sent to radios and Mood Ring is sent to radios only in Italy. But yeah, Mood Ring is defenitely Glory's third single.

1 minute ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

ow! that's a shockingly good thinking.

her team could absolutely be up to that

Glory's third relaese

I mean the font of the single artwork is the same as the Glory ones... so myb that's a sign. Also do you believe that these songs were official singles in certain regions:

- That's Where You Take Me (Philippines)

- Unusual You (Australia & NZ)

- Anticipating (France & Brasil)

5 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

The only problem is that SP was sent to radios and Mood Ring is sent to radios only in Italy. But yeah, Mood Ring is defenitely Glory's third single.

It's just weird, because we don't have much variation on Britney's singles history. It's like, always official singles had a videoclip, and if they didn't they were just promotional singles.

But things just got weird with these latest releases, starting with Glory. But I don't think we can't consider Mood Ring a promotional single, because promotional singles were Private Show, Clumsy and DWYCO (we don't see them listed separately on the Spotify section of singles, for example).

Same with My Only Wish, which someone was asking about it the other day. To me, they're definitely singles, and so will be Swimming in the Stars. They're just singles that lack a videoclip.

1 minute ago, rasim.cesko said:

I mean the font of the single artwork is the same as the Glory ones... so myb that's a sign. Also do you believe that these songs were official singles in certain regions:

That's  Where You Take Me and Anticipating definitely were (they even got a music video played on TV, according to @Roxxy and many others).

Unusual You, I'm not so sure, I think that was only sent to radio? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

19 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

Yeah, according to Wikipedia it is. But they also say It Should Be Easy is a single. I mean it was sent to Italian radios but it didn't have any kind of release: physical or digital. But I think that Mood Ring is Glory's third single.

I didnt know Wikipedia lists ISBA as a BJ single lol 

I also didnt know that MR was only sent to radios in Italy. 

12 minutes ago, rasim.cesko said:

you know what?

i have no idea about these three

however, i hope that Swimming is a standalone single

would look nicer in my book

6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

That's  Where You Take Me and Anticipating definitely were (they even got a music video played on TV, according to @Roxxy and many others).

Unusual You, I'm not so sure, I think that was only sent to radio? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue: I've never managed to confirm if that's where you take me was really official single BUT anticipating was.  

Jive released cd with original Anticipating and overprotected and INAGNYAW remixed and a vinyl with like 8 remixes of anticipating and for some reason zomba racords also released LP that didn't have "Britney Spears" printed anywhere. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Jive's release
R-5856527-1404603358-5340.jpeg.jpg
Zomba's release
R-521072-1203366533.jpeg.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue: I've never managed to confirm if that's where you take me was really official single BUT anticipating was.  

Jive released cd with original Anticipating and overprotected and INAGNYAW remixed and a vinyl with like 8 remixes of anticipating and for some reason zomba racords also released LP that didn't have "Britney Spears" printed anywhere. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Jive's release
R-5856527-1404603358-5340.jpeg.jpg
Zomba's release

This is the cover I know for Anticipating

03.jpg

And That's Where You Take Me, but it was exclusive to Philippines

normal_01.jpg

so they were singles, but region exclusive, so that's where you take me why they don't appear on The Singles Collection.

4 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

Jive's releases
R-5856527-1404603358-5340.jpeg.jpg R-1341138-1412550484-3328.jpeg.jpg
Zomba's release

Archived