Kylie's "Disco" debuts at #1 in the UK, breaking record as the fastest selling album of the year in the UK and she is the first female artist to score #1's in 5 different decades

Slayer

39 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

I am really happy for Kylie. Disco is a masterpiece! BOP after BOP. However, I can say the same about Confetti. I once claimed Kylie can be #1 one week, girls can be #1 the following week or the other way around. Anyway, it's not #1 that makes album great (Blackout was #2 too if I am not mistaken). It's all about quality and both albums are solid pieces of work, therefore girls can earn any other record. Sweet Melody goes higher in the chart (if I am not mistaken, it's #3, very popular right now). Let's celebrate both albums. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

I don't know..

Rock God's AC/DC released a new album in a decade. 

They're already #1 in Australia and iTunes worldwide. 

I highly doubt it. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Slayer said:

It seemed like a close call between Kylie's "Disco" and Little Mix's "Confetti" fighting for that #1 at the start but Kylie Minogue has done it and "Disco" has officially debuted at #1 in the UK. Kylie sold over 55k copies, whereas Little Mix sold 49.9k. It means Little Mix, who have been locked in an extremely close battle with Kylie all week, finish at Number 2 with their sixth album Confetti. The group claim the most-streamed album of the week and their sixth consecutive Top 5 collection.

Kylie’s 15th studio album debuts at the top with 55,000 chart sales – the biggest opening week of 2020 so far. 

This week's result means Kylie sets a new Official Chart record, becoming the first female artist to score a Number 1 on the UK’s Official Albums Chart in five consecutive decades - in the ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s, ‘10s and ‘20s. 

Congratulations Kylie!

kylie-minogue-disco-official-number-1-award-1100.jpg.c1d3a7a4b84847732b771e22d9426548.jpg

So deserved and little mix deserve all the success too

11 hours ago, MountRoseATP said:

I don’t think that’s correct. How can she have a #1 in 5 different decades if she’s only 52ish?

Her first album Kylie went #1 in the UK and was released in 1988 (she was 20), counting for the 80s decade. Then she got #1s in the 90s, the 00s, the 10s and now the 20s.

Because she got the first one at the end of the 80s and the last one at the beginning of the 2020s, she managed to have technically #1 in 5 decades over 33 years. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, IUSM said:

Her first album Kylie went #1 in the UK and was released in 1988 (she was 20), counting for the 80s decade. Then she got #1s in the 90s, the 00s, the 10s and now the 20s.

Because she got the first one at the end of the 80s and the last one at the beginning of the 2020s, she managed to have technically #1 in 5 decades over 33 years. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

My head is gonna explode :jackk_alien:

But I’ll take it :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block