Lou Taylor suing another Britney fan and contacted Instagram to take down accounts slandering her

52 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I do think she has the right to contact Instagram to ask that accounts created simply to slander her. Whether Instagram acts or not is up to their discretion.

However, I don't think filing a lawsuit, requesting Facebook reveal the identity of the person behind the account so she can sue them, is warranted. 

That seems exhausting. Not everything needs to be a lawsuit :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

It's just inviting even more hatred into her life.

That account, as so many others, is defamation. If anyone thinks Lou or any other person is breaking the law, then we need to take that to the authorities. That's the correct course of action. But until anything is proven, it's defamation, and she tried using Instagram's online tools to report these accounts beforehand, and their response was very poor and broad and careless, so she's in her right to file a lawsuit.
I'm by no means defending this person, and she's clearly in a position of power in relation to any of us because she's rich and has contacts so a lawsuit from her is no joke, but posting without giving your identity is also a powerful (and dishonest) move. Almost anyone can have the courage to post whatever without giving their true identity, but that doesn't make it right.
Maybe I'm reacting this way because people have used my personal photographs before and without my consent, and I also had to resort to those tools, so I expect them to actually work. Life online may be a fabrication in many aspects but it deals with real subjects, so we should take it seriously.
We as the Britney Army need to stop reacting so passionately and start using our brains as well, and act as adults basically; otherwise, we become online bullies, which is awful, and nothing farther from what Britney is, does and represents.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I do think she has the right to contact Instagram to ask that accounts created simply to slander her. Whether Instagram acts or not is up to their discretion.

However, I don't think filing a lawsuit, requesting Facebook reveal the identity of the person behind the account so she can sue them, is warranted. 

That seems exhausting. Not everything needs to be a lawsuit :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

It's just inviting even more hatred into her life.

I highly doubt Facebook will even intercede on her wishes, because lets be real Facebook couldn't care less. Especially the negative press it would garner them, after they just settled a privacy lawsuit in January 2020 :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

That account, as so many others, is defamation. If anyone thinks Lou or any other person is breaking the law, then we need to take that to the authorities. That's the correct course of action. But until anything is proven, it's defamation, and she tried using Instagram's online tools to report these accounts beforehand, and their response was very poor and broad and careless, so she's in her right to file a lawsuit.
I'm by no means defending this person, and she's clearly in a position of power in relation to any of us because she's rich and has contacts so a lawsuit from her is no joke, but posting without giving your identity is also a powerful (and dishonest) move. Almost anyone can have the courage to post whatever without giving their true identity, but that doesn't make it right.
Maybe I'm reacting this way because people have used my personal photographs before and without my consent, and I also had to resort to those tools, so I expect them to actually work. Life online may be a fabrication in many aspects but it deals with real subjects, so we should take it seriously.
We as the Britney Army need to stop reacting so passionately and start using our brains as well, and act as adults basically; otherwise, we become online bullies, which is awful, and nothing farther from what Britney is, does and represents.

Except one thing: that account is using public information from court papers and media reports so this will not stick. 

Your case is completely different 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, car said:

One question tho- if this were to go to jury trial, she’d have to show she’s did not commit those crimes that the account accuses her of. If she did them, wouldn’t she be afraid of opening the Pandora box herself? 

If the defendant has a good enough defense attorney...they could probably play legal games all day for anything the prosecution brings to the table. I'd imagine. Might be a fun back door to outing Loucifer. I'd throw some cash into a go fund me. Does @Jordan Miller have anything to add from his Jamie run in? haha