Would #freebritney have been a success even if the conservatorship remains in place?

godneyjspears

Okay don't come at me. I'm not saying at all that she needs (or wants) to be under a conservatorship and would be happy for her to finally be free from it..

But

If Britney, herself, decides she is happy and comfortable remaining under a modified conservatorship with Lou Taylor and Jamie out of the picture and is happy with Jodi as personal conservator and Bessemer as estate conservator and in fact decides she is better off with the support would we still feel the free Britney movement was successful or would we only say that was a success if there was completely no more conservatorship.

I'm just wondering because it seems to be there is a chance this is what Britney will be happy with and there might be no petition to terminate (unless she pulls this out the bag once Jamie's gone) and I want to know if we still would have done our job?

Imo if Britney honestly is happy than I am happy

Let me know your thoughts :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think Britney COULD be okay with the c-ship, obviously we don’t know this for sure but she might feel she still needs a bit of guidance as she’s had it for so long now. For me, #FreeBritney was to get rid of Lou & Jamie, which we have pretty much done. The C-Ship with the correct people behind her and genuinely want the best for her could work in her favour, instead of greedy, selfish, toxic people trying to do her dirty for so many years...

The 3 #FreeBritney main goals are:

1. Get rid of Jamie

2. Get rid of Lou and Tri-Star :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

3. End the Conservatorship.... if or when Britney herself files for termination since now we know she can do that.

If Britney feels the conservatorship is comfortable for her, that is if its being done right with a team of lawyers, doctors, financial and personal experts that are highly competent and truly have her best interests at heart, we as fanbase will be in no place to judge her. Even though we have court docs telling what's going on under Jamie's management, we are not there. Its her decision to make.

Conservatorships are not a bad thing, at least they werent meant to be. What makes them a bad thing are people, evil people. The ones that take advantage of a flawd justice system to cause harm and steal from them. That is very well explained in the Netflix documentary for example. 

The first sign that she is in a good state of mind, spirit and at peace with it, will be if she returns to work still under conservatorship. With the professionals she so desires to have around her. If that happens, we do what we do best which is give her suport and show her love. 

It’s a sucess if we reach the goal Britney wants to reach. To me, it seems she wants to remain under conservatorship but just wants certain people out (including her father) because she wants to get pregnant and they are allegedly stopping her, and she will be 40 soon. If she wants to stay under conservatorship and be treated like a child, to me it’s sad but I need to accept it as her fan. I personally wished the conservatorship (both personal and business) completely ended, and she could keep Bessemer managing her money which is normal for a celebrity to do and she could get any therapy she needed, for someone who always screamed for freedom, that’s what you’d think she wants...

To me ending the conservatorship completely is the end goal. 

HOWEVER

If Britney doesn’t terminate and we see her happy, free, and able to give unstructured interviews etc then I consider it job done.

Also, if she files to terminate and the court denies it, you best believe I’ll be in full FreeBritney mode again.

If she’s performing and releasing albums (bringing in $30m+ a year) she should be able to buy Chanel, A G wagon, new furniture, Alexander McQueen, etc on her OWN terms, and Jodie and Bessemer should be allowing her as long as she’s bringing in more than she’s spending. She has been bringing in $40m - $80m a year since 2008 but the estate has only been spending a maximum of $10m - $15m a year including her expenses. I’d like to know where all that money is and why she can’t spend it like other celebrities can. According to Jamie, $700,000 a month in 2007 was too much. Considering she brings in $50m on average a year, it shouldn’t be an issue whatsoever. If Cardi, Beyoncé, Pink, Christina etc can buy lovely dresses, go to the MET gala, etc then there should be no excuse 

Nobody wants to be under a conservatorship and given Britney’s history of applying to get out over the years just shows she hates it.

She will eventually want the C-Ship to end but she has to eliminate her father first and would be comfortable with an impartial company FOR A TIME. She will then try and eliminate it completely and that’s the end goal here. No human wants to be controlled.

The idea of her only wanting to get rid of Lou and Jamie and replacing them with Jodi and Bessemer - while also being totally fine staying in a conservatorship would make total sense as to why SHE NEVER explicitly talks about the conservatorship or wanting out of it. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

To me, her silence is one of the most frustrating things about this whole mess. She doesn't have a "voice" before (allegedly) and now the tables have turned and she's still not speaking and isn't interested to attend the hearings. She didn't even file for a termination of her conservatorship which we know SHE CAN do and instead only wants Jamie and Lou out of the picture. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

People who say this is her strategy and "slow and steady wins the race" bla bla bla. I'm not buying that. She could very well be fine with the conservatorship AND I WISH all of them including her would just be forthright about it. I know she DOES NOT owe us anything. I totally get that. But all this silence, not appearing in court, cryptic posts and riddles are really, really frustrating as someone who thinks of her as family for 22 years now.

They know for a fact that her ENTIRE fanbase is crying about it and yet they and her have not spoken to us directly about what's happening. Including her. All we get from her (is it even her? cause I don't know anymore) are videos of her thanking us for all the love and support and God bless us all and all that and we have no idea what is she thanking us for? We can only ASSUME it's about the #FreeBritney movement but we don't know for sure. She could just be thanking us for all the years of being with her and that's it. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Everything is just so conflicting. Bryan said on that podcast that she wants out of the conservatorship. But did she file for a termination of the conservatorship that we NOW KNOW she can do? Nope. Do we trust that Bryan is telling the truth? I don't know. You tell me. Cause if we are all under the notion that Bryan is not to be trusted and is aware of everything that's going on and was complicit in all of this JUST. LIKE. ALL. HER. OTHER. FAMILY. MEMBERS (did I get that right?) - then why do we believe that he's telling the truth about Britney wanting to get out of the conservatorship?

I wish we'd get something that's somewhat direct. She doesn't even have to say the C word. She can just say "Thank you for fighting for my freedom! God bless you all! 🌸🌸🌸" and that would end every doubt we have about this whole thing and would boost everyone's morale. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Ultimately, what I want for her is WHAT SHE WANTS. I just wish we know what it was. Cause I don't.

Looking at court docs that have come out it doesn't look like she doesn't want her conservatorship. It seems like she's fighting for Bessemer Trust to become her conservator. I just think she wants to get her family and loucifer out of her business. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

To be honest as @Roxxy said, everything is so confusing. Bryan said she's wanted out of the conservatorship for a long time now but she's not fighting to get out of it and we know nothing. It's incredibly frustrating because she doesn't need it in the first place but she also seems so comfortable? But also, she fought so hard all throughout 2009 to get out of it and now she doesn't care anymore?? Like...:mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

If it’s BRITNEY’S decision then it should be respected imo BUT we should cross that bridge when we actually get to it.

I feel like petitioning to end the cship completely will be a much easier task with the stranglehold that is Jamie Spears out of the picture (I would think his lawyers will have to go with him also, meaning no more strong  opposition), so let’s just see what move is made after he is hopefully suspended next week.

I can only see her wanting to stay in it for legal reasons, like being completely absolved from having to face any legal implications with contracts or other people. 

But her not having to pay child support anymore and getting custody of her kids back seems like reason enough.

Personally, if she wants to remain in a conservatorship, I'm fine with it. That means of course that Jamie and his corrupt persona are out.

If Jodi or anyone appointed sees her needs and acts accordingly for her own benefit and well-being then i don't see the harm. 

But Jodi better be careful. We'll be back if she oppress her again.:badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

It’s a tricky question because she may not even know what’s best for her anymore.  Even if Britney prefers to stay under a cship then it’s not necessarily a coherent decision at this point... It’s very likely that after 12 years they managed to break her down and make her believe she can’t handle life on her own. 

That said, I’m not sure how realistic it is to except a dream scenario where she recovers and lives a stable life on her own with minimal guidance. Britney has always been very naive. She didn’t even see K Fed was using her. She dated countless losers. She exposed herself to vultures like Sam Lutfi and Adnan. Even a creep like Jason Alexander is lurking around the corner waiting for a “second chance” with her. It’s scary to think all these freaks will have access to her when she’s clearly fragile. 

One could argue she’s wiser now than she was back then, but look at her current boyfriend. He does NOT seem like a better choice than K-Fed and apparently she wants to have his babies. Yeah yeah it’s her business what she does with her body, but the fact she would choose to attach herself to someone like that for the rest of her life is pretty alarming. 

To be honest that would be better than now, BUT unless she truly has some bigger serious medical issues that we're unaware of, she should NOT be in a C-ship at all.

There are care services for people with mental illnesses or other illnesses, where you're still free but have regular checkups or a caretaker with you.

C-Ships are meant for people who are unable to think or make proper decisions for themselves anymore (usually seniors when dementia, or other debilitating illnesses).  If she still wanted to remain in a modified C-ship, I fear that may simply be because after all this time she's become too comfortable with others taking care of her (though she can still have that without a C-Ship), or scared to be 'too' free after all the things that have happened in the past.

10 hours ago, FreeLou said:

It’s a tricky question because she may not even know what’s best for her anymore.  Even if Britney prefers to stay under a cship then it’s not necessarily a coherent decision at this point... It’s very likely that after 12 years they managed to break her down and make her believe she can’t handle life on her own. 

That said, I’m not sure how realistic it is to except a dream scenario where she recovers and lives a stable life on her own with minimal guidance. Britney has always been very naive. She didn’t even see K Fed was using her. She dated countless losers. She exposed herself to vultures like Sam Lutfi and Adnan. Even a creep like Jason Alexander is lurking around the corner waiting for a “second chance” with her. It’s scary to think all these freaks will have access to her when she’s clearly fragile. 

One could argue she’s wiser now than she was back then, but look at her current boyfriend. He does NOT seem like a better choice than K-Fed and apparently she wants to have his babies. Yeah yeah it’s her business what she does with her body, but the fact she would choose to attach herself to someone like that for the rest of her life is pretty alarming. 

3 hours ago, jennyj said:

To be honest that would be better than now, BUT unless she truly has some bigger serious medical issues that we're unaware of, she should NOT be in a C-ship at all.

There are care services for people with mental illnesses or other illnesses, where you're still free but have regular checkups or a caretaker with you.

C-Ships are meant for people who are unable to think or make proper decisions for themselves anymore (usually seniors when dementia, or other debilitating illnesses).  If she still wanted to remain in a modified C-ship, I fear that may simply be because after all this time she's become too comfortable with others taking care of her (though she can still have that without a C-Ship), or scared to be 'too' free after all the things that have happened in the past.

I agree with u both. Yes, we dont know Britney and we cant know whats best for her. But thing is... If Jamie and Lou is out and she starts working like before, I will still question the cship. Its one thing if she really has issues that would require a cship, but other is if she has issues like most people and still can work and take care of her basic needs and tasks. If shes out of the spotlight bc she needs help, im fine with It. But If she continues working, Im not. 

Britney has been under this for almost 13 years now, basically all people in her life dont question the cship, so I bet they make her feel she needs it. Maybe they promised her things would be better without her father and she accepted bc its better than nothing. People that have been abused become needy and lost, sometimes they start getting used to the lives they know, but it doesnt mean its ok for them. Does Britney even realize living like her isnt normal when she can work and take care of herself? Does she even know many stars struggle with mental health issues but they are still free? Does she know shes probably the only major star living like this? That she is under a cship for people with dementia? That she must be the richest person living like this in the USA? What people around her feed her with? She needs to do therapy to realize she has been abused and taken advantage of by everyone during these +12 years. 

I wonder how shed feel talking with lawyers that say her case is really unusual to begin with. If she manages to work and earn millions, having only more freedom is still not ok. If she is ok remaining in this mess but still being able to work, I will think shes clearly manipulated and had to get used to living like this.

She could have her freedom and a good assistant, incredible people taking care of her money. She can have good therapists, doctors, lawyers and so on without a cship. But most of her adult life she has been living like this, so I understand and think this might be the case. Sadly it became her normal. She needs support to learn how to live as an adult tbh. Id be sad If she thinks she has to continue living like a child. And I wont support her career anymore anyway bc I will think she has been brainwashed and manipulated. 

Yeah, she did many bad decisions in her past and who knows if she would do it again, but I still think she deserves her freedom. Many stars did ****ed up things for years and years, but they had the chance to learn and move on from it. I wish someone around her would really be decent saying she can live without a cship and would give her the tools so she could succeed little by little. 

21 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I agree with u both. Yes, we dont know Britney and we cant know whats best for her. But thing is... If Jamie and Lou is out and she starts working like before, I will still question the cship. Its one thing if she really has issues that would require a cship, but other is if she has issues like most people and still can work and take care of her basic needs and tasks. If shes out of the spotlight bc she needs help, im fine with It. But If she continues working, Im not. 

Britney has been under this for almost 13 years now, basically all people in her life dont question the cship, so I bet they make her feel she needs it. Maybe they promised her things would be better without her father and she accepted bc its better than nothing. People that have been abused become needy and lost, sometimes they start getting used to the lives they know, but it doesnt mean its ok for them. Does Britney even realize living like her isnt normal when she can work and take care of herself? Does she even know many starts struggle with mental health issues but they are still free? Does she know shes probably the only major star living like this? That she is under a cship for people with dementia? That she must be the richest person living like this in the USA? What people around her feed her with? She needs to do therapy to realize she has been abused and taken advantage of by everyone during these +12 years. 

I wonder how shed feel talking with lawyers that say her case is really unusual to begin with. If she manages to work and earn millions, having more freedom is still not ok. If she is ok remaining in this mess but still being able to work, I will think shes clearly manipulated and had to get used to living like this.

She could have her freedom and a good assistant, incredible people taking care of her money. She can have good therapists, doctors, lawyers and so on without a cship. But most of her adult life she has been living like this, so I understand and think this might be the case. Sadly it became her normal. She needs support to learn how to live as an adult tbh. Id be sad If she thinks she has to continue living like a child. And I wont support her music anyway bc I will think she has been brainwashed and manipulated. 

Yeah, she did many bad decisions in her past and who knows if she would do it again, but I still think she deserves her freedom. Many stars did ****ed up things for years and years, but they had the chance to learn and move on from it. I wish someone around her would really vê decent saying she can live without a cship and would give her the tools so she could succeed little by little. 

I’m with you about the part she can’t stay in a cship AND resume her career. It’s too bad that the law system is so ****ed up that under a cship she would also have to hand over her hard earned money to those who handle her affairs. Her own father takes a fat paycheck to “care” for her. If only she could pay a reasonable amount that wouldn’t be inflated because of her status and wealth... Only then would it not look so shady. 

The scary part is that she actually lived through this hell. She was sent to a two star psych ward as revenge for standing up for herself (she has one sick father). She literally had to sleep there for three months and that was her reality. Waking up and falling asleep in this nightmare. That alone is horrific. Add all the rest and all the medication and God knows what... And I have to wonder if just therapy would be enough to overcome all this abuse. It’s crazy but maybe the cship itself MADE her need a cship for life. And I say that as a huge #freebritney supporter. 

We’ve been so focused on getting rid of Jamie and Lou, that I’m not even sure what her next step should be. If I have to think about it then sadly I think maybe the damage is too big at this point for her to live on her own. It’s scary to think that once she’s free that so many vultures will have free access to her. I do believe the first thing she’ll do is have a baby with Sam and that will likely be K Fed 2. How would she handle THAT again? It’s seriously too bad even her own mother can’t be trusted to help her get herself back together. She has so much work ahead. I hope she can become less naive and not fall for the same type of users. As I’m writing this I cringe at the thought someone like Sam Lutfi is very likely reading this thread. She’s too kind for this world. 

4 hours ago, jennyj said:

This!

Archived