Britney's songs are hard to sing

ashholeessek

I've been trying to sing like Mariah lately and I've made an impressive progress. Then I tried singing Britney's songs ranging from BOMT to Breathe on Me to Everytime, so basically tested a different range of music of hers.

However, they are really hard to sing when compared to Mariah songs which is hilorious to me :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

Also, in the singing contests I watched, there was no one who sang her songs exactly as it is, they always covered them in a weird way that had nothing to do with Britney's original way of singing. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Has anyone also realized this? If so, I wonder why is this the case? Is it because they are heavily edited or what? Since in Mariah's songs there are periods that you can adjust your breathe control but I didnt realize such a thing in Britney's songs. 

Any thoughts? :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, *******essek said:

I've been trying to sing like Mariah lately and I've made an impressive progress. Then I tried singing Britney's songs ranging from BOMT to Breathe on Me to Everytime, so basically tested a different range of music of hers.

However, they are really hard to sing when compared to Mariah songs which is hilorious to me :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

Also, in the singing contests I watched, there was no one who sang her songs exactly as it is, they always covered them in a weird way that had nothing to do with Britney's original way of singing. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Has anyone also realized this? If so, I wonder why is this the case? Is it because they are heavily edited or what? Since in Mariah's songs there are periods that you can adjust your breathe control but I didnt realize such a thing in Britney's songs. 

Any thoughts? :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Yes they are. I don’t think many of them are good (apart from Everytime that she wrote herself 😏). 
Britney has a great singing voice, it is amazing and soulful, but She can’t use it in any of those songs. It is Because they don’t have melodies, just monotone Tones made for toddler like ”singing” or almost speaking/whispering. It is not music. Like ”Gimme more”, No melody. Mariah’s songs are music, they have a melody that sounds gourgeous with the right voice. Mariah could not Really sing Hit me baby one more time any better without doing changes. 
I think it is like that crappy makeup She has recieved, it does not enhance her natural beauty, it disguise it and perverts it into something else. (Yes, I am also thinking about a thin-Skinned makeup artist who makes weird choices like covering eyes in black so that they look smaller and deeper and then pair that with an ugly nude lip and No eyebrows 😕)

how bout no GIF

10 minutes ago, Newrie said:

Yes they are. I don’t think many of them are good (apart from Everytime that she wrote herself 😏). 
Britney has a great singing voice, it is amazing and soulful, but She can’t use it in any of those songs. It is Because they don’t have melodies, just monotone Tones made for toddler like ”singing” or almost speaking/whispering. It is not music. Like ”Gimme more”, No melody. Mariah’s songs are music, they have a melody that sounds gourgeous with the right voice. Mariah could not Really sing Hit me baby one more time any better without doing changes. 
I think it is like that crappy makeup She has recieved, it does not enhance her natural beauty, it disguise it and perverts it into something else. (Yes, I am also thinking about a thin-Skinned makeup artist who makes weird choices like covering eyes in black so that they look smaller and deeper and then pair that with an ugly nude lip and No eyebrows 😕)

how bout no GIF

i kinda disagree. and by kinda i mean really. for be britneys music is music, even more than other songs. why because her voice blends in with the background instead of being either over or undershadowed by it. as a dancer i care more about her music than all the other powerhouse singers doing nothing but belting and scales, its so boring after a while

1 hour ago, lili_ballet said:

i kinda disagree. and by kinda i mean really. for be britneys music is music, even more than other songs. why because her voice blends in with the background instead of being either over or undershadowed by it. as a dancer i care more about her music than all the other powerhouse singers doing nothing but belting and scales, its so boring after a while

Oh Yeah! I agree with that! That is Why I prefer Britney to Christina Aguilera. She just shows of her technical abilities while having a cold and monoton voice. I loooooooooove Britney’s voice and nobody could sing those songs better than her.

I just don’t think they do her justice, she is such an amazing singer and I think you could hear that clearer before Baby one more time. And when She has sung in a classical style on events. 

I also love to dance, and yes, many of her songs are good for that. I understand What you mean with her voice blending in. Like I said, I have NEVER critized her singing, it is gourgeous, neither her creative artisteri, it is amazing. But I don’t think Max Martin is a good songwriter, I can’t stand his work. Out of all songs Britney has released since Baby one more time, I think Everytime stands out. And she wrote that herself. I think she could have written all of her music herself and adjusted the tonary to her optimal range so she could relax her throat and just siiing.

1 hour ago, garjames24 said:

Personally I think Mariah's songs are harder to sing than Britney's :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: but baby one more time is hard to sing as well :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

hmm I’d say Britney’s earlier songs are easiest to sing though. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

you just can’t sing the robotic Vocals in the later songs, because it’s humanly impossible.

I cannot sing Britney songs without imitating her. I feel like Myah Marie when I listen to my covers:gloria_falling_stairs_trip: The most difficult songs for me are the ones released after 2002. Her early material is not that hard, but from ITZ to Glory her breathy and **** vocals are REALLY hard to sing. I'd love to cover Gimme More but it's almost impossible without sounding terrible:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Archived