Britney's songs are hard to sing

ashholeessek

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney kind of taught me how to sing (not really a good thing :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:)

But you kind of have to be in the mood to sing her songs the way she does.  Finding that balance of singing well and singing incorrectly in the right parts of the song. I don't think britney even figured that out until the Blackout era and then gave up trying during Circus-FF. It takes years to learn how to sing her songs well.

Most artists prefer when someone covers their songs IN THEIR OWN STYLE actually.

When Taron Egerton covered Eltons songs for Rocketman, he told Elton, "don't try to imitate me exactly, find your own style and groove".

Britney's songs are sang and composed in many different takes put together to create the songs we know and love.

Most are her actual voice. She has talent. But her voice is thin and small at times, and so background vocals help carry her choruses and such.

Songs from Femme Fatale would be really hard for Britney to sing live because they manufactured her vocals to polished perfection in the studio.

But songs like, Gimme More, Break the Ice, Circus, Do You Wanna Come Over she could do live quite nicely.

She just has to train better for live singing, stop smoking and take more lessons to better strengthen her vocals and techniques.

She's good regardless, but since it's not her signature thing, rather perform and dance instead she would have her work cut out for her.

I love singing to her songs, I can do it so well. (I sound terrible, can't sing, but I know how to still match her verses and choruses!) Hehehe

Most artists prefer when someone covers their songs IN THEIR OWN STYLE actually.

When Taron Egerton covered Eltons songs for Rocketman, he told Elton, "don't try to imitate me exactly, find your own style and groove".

Britney's songs are sang and composed in many different takes put together to create the songs we know and love.

Most are her actual voice. She has talent. But her voice is thin and small at times, and so background vocals help carry her choruses and such.

Songs from Femme Fatale would be really hard for Britney to sing live because they manufactured her vocals to polished perfection in the studio.

But songs like, Gimme More, Break the Ice, Circus, Do You Wanna Come Over she could do live quite nicely.

She just has to train better for live singing, stop smoking and take more lessons to better strengthen her vocals and techniques.

She's good regardless, but since it's not her signature thing, rather perform and dance instead she would have her work cut out for her.

I love singing to her songs, I can do it so well. (I sound terrible, can't sing, but I know how to still match her verses and choruses!) Hehehe

11 hours ago, *******essek said:

I've been trying to sing like Mariah lately and I've made an impressive progress. Then I tried singing Britney's songs ranging from BOMT to Breathe on Me to Everytime, so basically tested a different range of music of hers.

However, they are really hard to sing when compared to Mariah songs which is hilorious to me :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

Also, in the singing contests I watched, there was no one who sang her songs exactly as it is, they always covered them in a weird way that had nothing to do with Britney's original way of singing. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Has anyone also realized this? If so, I wonder why is this the case? Is it because they are heavily edited or what? Since in Mariah's songs there are periods that you can adjust your breathe control but I didnt realize such a thing in Britney's songs. 

Any thoughts? :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

lol for me it's the opposite, it's way easier to sing Britney songs than Mariah ones, my voice is a little bit nasal so it's easier to sing Britney ones but I can't belt for a really long time or go really high so it's way harder to sing Mariah songs

Archived