Taylor Swift confirms she's already begun re-recording her old music (video)

9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Luuuv. I like BTR. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Lol, I love it too. :eyes_britney_laugh: It's a timeless bop with an iconic pop/rock sound, but it's pretty clear that the lyrics have not aged well. The first line is super cringy, and the whole song has bitter ****-shaming written all over it. No, Taylor, she didn't steal your man. Your man was just an a-hole and clearly wasn't that into you in the first place. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Just now, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The first line super cringy, and the whole song has bitter ****-shaming written all over it. No, Taylor, she didn't steal your man. Your man was just an a-hole and clearly wasn't that into you in the first place.

SCREAMING, you spilled. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

You know, I always thought of that too. It seems Joe was not "stolen" like at all, but when you just won Album of the Year at the Grammys then, Tay's too proud of herself to realize that. :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

SCREAMING, you spilled. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

You know, I always thought of that too. It seems Joe was not "stolen" like at all, but when you just won Album of the Year at the Grammys then, Tay's too proud of herself to realize that. :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

I don't think stealing someone from someone is a thing in general. Like, I agree that going after someone who is already taken is super scummy, but if your partner was "stolen", they clearly didn't like you enough in the first place. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I'm happy for Taylor, but I'm not sure how to feel about this. I can't help but feel the rerecordings will never sound as good as the original versions. I'd be here for like one album where she rerecords/reimagines 'fan favourites' from her albums though alongside select singles but not sure about rerecording the entire first six albums.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I don't think stealing someone from someone is a thing in general. Like, I agree that going after someone who is already taken is super scummy, but if your partner was "stolen", they clearly didn't like you enough in the first place.

Clearly. And who married Joe? ME! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I'm happy for Taylor, but I'm not sure how to feel about this. I can't help but feel the rerecordings will never sound as good as the original versions. I'd be here for like one album where she rerecords/reimagines 'fan favourites' from her albums though alongside select singles but not sure about rerecording the entire first six albums.

Of course it won’t ever sound like the originals and will never even if she tries and it’s more about sticking it to the man just like how Britney is refusing to work. Her voice was youthful back then but it also has its flaws so now that she has improved vocally, would definitely want to hear how she sings her old songs now. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Of course it won’t ever sound like the originals and will never even if she tries and it’s more about sticking it to the man just like how Britney is refusing to work. Her voice was youthful back then but it also has its flaws so now that she has improved vocally, would definitely want to hear how she sings her old songs now. 

Yeah it would be interesting to some of her older songs recorded by her now as you're right, her voice has improved so much over the years. But idk, I'm not sure if it'll ever be able to compare to the originals. 

@iAlwaysSingLiveshe cringes with the lyrics, She wrote it at 18 (2007), she said at that mindset you think they steal people from you, eventually you get older, it's much different. 

People aren't stolen from you, they leave at their own will. 

However, for the "actress" that she wrote This song about, No shade, But she hasn't been Hired in anything and left acting and Hollywood due to the song, actually hurting her upcoming career. 

• Love 1

@jordeezy @Fenixxx123 @Jordan Miller I'm a bit confused about this... If Taylor needs to re-record those albums, it means that she still doesn't own the masters of the original albums (vocals + instrumentals). Re-recording it means that she'll own the masters of the new recordings, not the old ones... So, if I understand well, they are now giving her permission to re-record those LPs, but she still won't own the original masters.

I wish she would just pay Scooter some money and own the originals—or that Scooter would just allow her to own it all for free! (It'd do his public image good.) What kind of deal did they have in the first place? Usually, the one who pays for studio time, finances the recording, pays session musicians, producers and so on own the master recordings. Who financed those records? Scooter?

3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@jordeezy @Fenixxx123 @Jordan Miller I'm a bit confused about this... If Taylor needs to re-record those albums, it means that she still doesn't own the masters of the original albums (vocals + instrumentals). Re-recording it means that she'll own the masters of the new recordings, not the old ones... So, if I understand well, they are now giving her permission to re-record those LPs, but she still won't own the original masters.

I wish she would just pay Scooter some money and own the originals—or that Scooter would just allow her to own it all for free! (It'd do his public image good.) What kind of deal did they have in the first place? Usually, the one who pays for studio time, finances the recording, pays session musicians, producers and so on own the master recordings. Who financed those records? Scooter?

When you sign a record deal, typically you get a lump sum up front and they pay for the studio time and then the money you make afterward is split among execs and artist and their tram.  Artists make more money from merch as they do not typically have to split it with as many people.  See... Taylor's dad actually bought a portion of her record company as she was simultaneously signed on as an artist.  Her dad was a businessman and I am sure that he negotiated well.  From what I can tell, Scooter bought her old label before she had earned her master recordings back according to her contract with Big Machine Records.  Now, who knows how much she had to sell to get her master recordings?  I don't think that was ever made public.  It could be a timeframe rather than a sales amount since we all know she had sold tons of records.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block