Taylor Swift confirms she's already begun re-recording her old music (video)

3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@jordeezy @Fenixxx123 @Jordan Miller I'm a bit confused about this... If Taylor needs to re-record those albums, it means that she still doesn't own the masters of the original albums (vocals + instrumentals). Re-recording it means that she'll own the masters of the new recordings, not the old ones... So, if I understand well, they are now giving her permission to re-record those LPs, but she still won't own the original masters.

I wish she would just pay Scooter some money and own the originals—or that Scooter would just allow her to own it all for free! (It'd do his public image good.) What kind of deal did they have in the first place? Usually, the one who pays for studio time, finances the recording, pays session musicians, producers and so on own the master recordings. Who financed those records? Scooter?

She will still make music royalties from her catalog, she just has to split the royalties from her master recordings with Big Machine Records. 

On 11/1/2020 at 5:44 PM, King Sleezy Style said:

I’ve heard some Jojo re recordings and girl... I’m scared at this point. :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

Yeah Jojos re-recordings have lost the spark her original recording had, as well as her voice has matured so it sounds "weird" when u know what it should sound like.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block