A pop star whose career you think is flopping and what should she/he do to rescue it?

22 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I'm not saying that she's totally devoid of any depth, but apart from her catchy hits I have the impression that there's no active Katy Perry mythology, i'm not sure how to explain it, but for example, Madonna has made a few things that aren't music but still related to her the "madonna" mythology, like for example the "S-E-X" book.

Same for Gaga. Gaga has the meat dress, she has her crazy outfits, she has A Star Is Born/American Horror Story, those things make her exist even outside the world of pop music.

"Lady Gaga", the pop character/persona is still living and breathing even when she's not making music because she has created a certain lore / folklore that her fans are keeping alive.

Gaga's fans have written books about her, they've made shortfilms, they even made video games about her.

There's also something intriguing about madonna as a 'pop character', because even if you're not interested in her music, you still know what she's about. Katy Perry seems like she has no real identity anymore, she just goes with the flow, which is one of the reasons why she doesn't have a true fanbase imo. Her fanbase was the GP.

This is just my opinion tho and i'm not claiming to be an expert or something. I'm not saying those are facts.

I don't know how you defined a "true fan base",  by quantity, trend or efforts? But I'm telling you, she HAS fans that made a lot of things online dedicated for her and I can see all of it or check them out so you're at least aware.

Identity? She's still that free-spririted, quirky and shady pop girl that we all know. You're just calling out her having no identity because she's not charting anymore. 

And stop shoving down that idea that artist SHOULD always evolve and reinvent themselves. If they put out a good record, so be it, but it's not a part of their resume. It's their artistic choice nonetheless. 

Read back your REPETITIVE comments here or in one of my threads, and you can taste your own bitterness trolling to every posts that have Katy Perry mentioned.

Pathetic. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Like 1

Mariah should reconnect with Jermaine Dupri and stop singing in the whisper tone because it kills her success. We wanna her hear sing. When is the last time she charted on the Hot 100?

I don't think Christina can come back in a solo effort. She's done.

And Katy needs to stop chart chasing and link up with Dr. Luke.

Britney didn't flop unlike these other girls Make Me went top 20 twice. 

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
On 10/29/2020 at 5:55 PM, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Totally.  After Miley’s performance of zombie, pop-rock is coming right back around.  There was something alive in that organic rock performance that I haven’t seen in these new artists in years.  If Katy made a bop like a classic Alanis song, with beautiful/ not-weird/ pleasant visuals, she would have a major revival.  People just want to feel free and lighthearted and uplifted again, and nothing does that like a guitar with some cool 90s drum loops.  Also she needs to fix her hair.

Shall I suggest Grammy award winningDónde Están los Ladrones? perfect pop rock album and  Shakiras second best album in my opinion

start with inevitable!! Then si te vas and ojos asi

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Shall I suggest Grammy award winningDónde Están los Ladrones? perfect pop rock album and  Shakiras second best album in my opinion

start with inevitable!! Then si te vas and ojos asi

Omg I fell in love with her as a little kid when I heard Ojos Asi on the radio outside for the first time. I remember exactly where I was. Then My grandparents bought me her cd after hearing I loved her.   I had all her music videos downloaded on Kazaa 😂. She really was the Spanish Alanis Morissette. That little yodel in her voice is so similar.  

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
22 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Omg I fell in love with her as a little kid when I heard Ojos Asi on the radio outside for the first time. I remember exactly where I was. Then My grandparents bought me her cd after hearing I loved her.   I had all her music videos downloaded on Kazaa 😂. She really was the Spanish Alanis Morissette. That little yodel in her voice is so similar.  

Omg not u being a complete stan of that album help

ojos asi so good

and yes she’s the Latin Alanis shakira hispanic GIF by Latin GRAMMYs

• Haha 1

Katy Perry needs a new sound with more tongue n cheek songs. 

I'd love for Ke$ha to play more fun upbeat pop songs again. Her second album was amazing. 

Lady Gaga needs to go back to being an enigma again with roots from her first album. I think she's done the whole spiritualism to death. I want more shock factor from a different angle. Get creative and switch it up. 

Madonna needs more songs about being "raw" and "human" again. When she does, she touches a vulnerable space within us that can connect us all together with her message. Pair it with uplifting beats. Her "*****" persona is kind of grating a bit. Although I loved how she toyed around with her persona, "Madame X" ... but it didn't really go anywhere. We didn't really get to see those sides in her music other than in her first single. More cohesiveness would help. Kind of like the "Virgin Madonna" or "Saint Madonna" and the "Mary Madonna". She played those dichotomous sides really well. 

Christina Aguilera needs an album filled with Genie in a Bottle. Start dancing again. Do some Adele-esque ballads.

• Love 1
On 10/29/2020 at 4:17 PM, NotLouTaylor said:

I'm not saying that she's totally devoid of any depth, but apart from her catchy hits I have the impression that there's no active Katy Perry mythology, i'm not sure how to explain it, but for example, Madonna has made a few things that aren't music but still related to her the "madonna" mythology, like for example the "S-E-X" book.

Same for Gaga. Gaga has the meat dress, she has her crazy outfits, she has A Star Is Born/American Horror Story, those things make her exist even outside the world of pop music.

"Lady Gaga", the pop character/persona is still living and breathing even when she's not making music because she has created a certain lore / folklore that her fans are keeping alive.

Gaga's fans have written books about her, they've made shortfilms, they even made video games about her.

There's also something intriguing about madonna as a 'pop character', because even if you're not interested in her music, you still know what she's about. Katy Perry seems like she has no real identity anymore, she just goes with the flow, which is one of the reasons why she doesn't have a true fanbase imo. Her fanbase was the GP.

This is just my opinion tho and i'm not claiming to be an expert or something. I'm not saying those are facts.

😳

Katy Perry has no Mythology?  

...😂

👀... How deep into the Klown-Files are you willing to go?

Just a warning, Once you enter Klown World, there is no going back...

So do you want the blue pill or the clown pill?

...🤡 ?

16 hours ago, Albert Aspera said:

I don't know how you defined a "true fan base",  by quantity, trend or efforts? But I'm telling you, she HAS fans that made a lot of things online dedicated for her and I can see all of it or check them out so you're at least aware.

Identity? She's still that free-spririted, quirky and shady pop girl that we all know. You're just calling out her having no identity because she's not charting anymore. 

And stop shoving down that idea that artist SHOULD always evolve and reinvent themselves. If they put out a good record, so be it, but it's not a part of their resume. It's their artistic choice nonetheless. 

Read back your REPETITIVE comments here or in one of my threads, and you can taste your own bitterness trolling to every posts that have Katy Perry mentioned.

Pathetic. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

I mean, we should have known her fanbase wasn't that big when her movie that went to theaters pretty much bombed. It's crazy though because she was huge at one time. I'm guessing her fans just moved on or were never that dedicated to begin with. She never had a huge core fanbase and was largely successful due to the GP liking her music. Unfortunately many of the stans she did have left during the disappointing witness era and its associated tomfoolery which i can't really blame them for. Her fanbase was not big to beging with and then she alienated 75% of them during Witness so yeah all she has left are some pity stans and nostalgia fans. Even Barbz are stronger at this point. I find it so strange how her fans can't get her new songs to #1 on iTunes even if it's only for a hot minute when it's a 'dead platform' and even acts as Nicki Minaj in 2020 still manage to do it. This lack of loyalty/compromise as a fanbase, coming from someone who's been as big as her, is so bizarre. She got cocky and believed the GP isn't fickle. That was foolish of her and now she is where she is. 

There are certainly people who still follow her, but it doesn't seem to be a real movement, that will support her no matter what, as MJ fans, Madonna fans, or Gaga would do. All of the popstars had their underperformances BUT thanks to their fanbases they did not flop that hard, how come Katy Perry has a few amount of fans left WW that can't even keep her on the charts for 2-3 weeks ? Did she treated them badly that they turned their back on her ? is it the Obama joke ? the haircut ? the blond hair ? the migos endorsement ?

Her music was always aimed to soccer moms, teenagers and little kids in first which were her main demographic, they "used" her music, bought cds-songs, went to concerts, but they eventually grown up and moved on from her teen bubble gum pop, especially when it started to become out of fashion, her downfall is actually not surprising, especially when an artist doesn't have an artistic evolution or grown. But she mainly made music for kids (especially her visuals) so it's not surprising. Her stans were mostly children back in 2010 and after they grew up they realized it wasn't cool to stan Katy Perry. She never managed to build a big fanbase, she was the GP darling but once they ditched her out, she only got left with her fans and many of them didn't enjoy the new music so...

It's basically what happened to Avril Lavigne, she had a lot of kids that support her music when she was huge at the beginning then they dropped her growing up. This would have been Britney's fate but unlike Katy, Britney and her stans were teens and grew up with each other. Katy was in her 20's making teenage music...

8 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

😳

Katy Perry has no Mythology?  

...😂

👀... How deep into the Klown-Files are you willing to go?

Just a warning, Once you enter Klown World, there is no going back...

So do you want the blue pill or the clown pill?

...🤡 ?

Be a clown , be a clown, All the world loves a clown. Act the fool , play the calf, And you'll always have the last laugh .

• Like 1
15 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Omg Kazaa

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block