A pop star whose career you think is flopping and what should she/he do to rescue it?

12 hours ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

Ariana Grande should of course work with a lot of people on every song on her future album and make at least 3 bonafide hits on it

Mariah Carey should seduce us with sultry combination of ballads and r'n'b

Mariah's book went to Number One. She's doing a good job, so far!Β 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Gaga, she should try something completely brand new, a whole new sound. She has the talent and I know she can deliver.

Β 

Maybe a jazz album again, she won a lot of people when she dressed normal during the star is born..

Β 

My aunt said it best, she ditched the Halloween costumes and the make up and showed us the real person. She needs to stay that way. Cos she won me over and F the kids. They can't wear costumes at their jobs anyway.Β 

• Haha 2

Mariah should just give us sultry R&B and ballads.Β 

Β 

Where were you when Caution, her most critically acclaimed album to date came out. She did just that on her 15th studio album.Β 

Β 

Bangerz like A No No, Stay long love you with Gunna, even the epic sass of GTFO, Caution and One Mo Gen (apparently a popular thing in the south for asking a second round of Dik after the first round just ended), plus the epic Giving me life with the epic outro.Β 

Β 

Abd the 🎹 ballad with MC playing the violin ending on Portrait. You were in 2018 when this epic Album came out .  

Β 

Missing in action that's what..

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Kanye west needs to work with good producers - it hurts my heart to say that cause that used to be him -Β and put out something more formulaic (not sure if thats even the word I'm looking for) and POLISHED with coherent rap verses and radio-friendly hooks. I literally sit and YEARN for his first three albums. I hate what he has become. Even before his first album, his production discography was incredible and now his last two or three albums areΒ unlistenable drivel in comparison.Β 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Zayn. Β He’s my favorite besides Harry Styles, but nobody’s really checking for him. Β He’s been marketing himself as a Weeknd type artist and I LOVE that vibe for him. Β But it kind of keeps him hiden because that low-key music isn’t lighting the world on fire anymore. Β 
Β 

He needs to lift weights and get huge and Jacked like zac Effron in baywatch. Β Right now he’s looking weak and pathetic and he’s not getting enough headline attention even after having a baby with Gigi Hadid. Β 
Β 

switch Genre’s, get a new confident personality from being photographed for men’s health after a fake organic paparazzi sighting at the beach. And then do a video era like Bieber’s β€œwhat do you mean” era where it’s all amazing visuals with some outside on beaches in mountains. Β Basically take his vibe out of being a anti-social quietΒ basement night crawler lol.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, MX3 said:

Kanye west needs to work with good producers - it hurts my heart to say that cause that used to be him -Β and put out something more formulaic (not sure if thats even the word I'm looking for) and POLISHED with coherent rap verses and radio-friendly hooks. I literally sit and YEARN for his first three albums. I hate what he has become. Even before his first album, his production discography was incredible and now his last two or three albums areΒ unlistenable drivel in comparison.Β 

Kanye west if I'm not mistaken actually does his own production.Β 

Β 

He has always stated.Β 

Β 

If you do all the work from production, composing and writing. You make all the money.Β 

Β 

Who do I wAnna share the kitchen with other people.Β 

Β 

Solo artists, has to be solo not a team

Β 

Nobody told prince he shouldn't do everything,Β  so don't even try Telling me to let an outsider in.Β 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

katy perry should retire

That wouldn't be cool, plus I guarantee if she went to the pop rock chick sound of her first album, everybody would be here again.Β 

Β 

Capitol made her go dance cos as all articles pointed out Lady Gaga changed everything back in 2009 and made dance music cool again on US mainstream Radio, despite being huge all over other continents it took a weird girl From new York to love dance pop again in the US.Β 

5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

That wouldn't be cool, plus I guarantee if she went to the pop rock chick sound of her first album, everybody would be here again.Β 

Β 

Capitol made her go dance cos as all articles pointed out Lady Gaga changed everything back in 2009 and made dance music cool again on US mainstream Radio, despite being huge all over other continents it took a weird girl From new York to love dance pop again in the US.Β 

The problem with Katy is that her art requires relatively little analytical work, it's quite chewed and pre-chewed so there's not really a desire to learn from such a one-dimentional pop mythology.

Some popstars like Gaga, Madonna etc require a quite heavy work of decoding, they offer an universe, unlike popstars who just offer a product already ready to consume. The mythology of a popstar has to be both interesting and offer possibilities to explore. Even when Gaga started flopping she still had a dedicated fanbase, analyzing every step in her career. which isn't the case for Katy. There's nothing about her that makes you want to analyse , question, or learn things from. She's vanilla. Dr Luke gave her that little substance that she lacks today.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

The problem with Katy is that her art requires relatively little analytical work, it's quite chewed and pre-chewed so there's not really a desire to learn from such a one-dimentional pop mythology.

Some popstars like Gaga, Madonna etc require a quite heavy work of decoding, they offer an universe, unlike popstars who just offer a product already ready to consume. The mythology of a popstar has to be both interesting and offer possibilities to explore. Even when Gaga started flopping she still had a dedicated fanbase, analyzing every step in her career. which isn't the case for Katy. There's nothing about her that makes you want to analyse , question, or learn things from. She's vanilla. Dr Luke gave her that little substance that she lacks today.

I agree on the one dimension part, but to be fair, that's pop in general anyway, especially today.Β 

Β 

@Jordan Miller

@Roxxy

Β 

Anybody will tell you, one of the reasons why pop gets trashed by a lot of people, is exactly what you said. The lack of Depth and intelligence.Β 

Β 

Most like the genre cos it's a form of escapism, during the me too and time's up era lots of gays complained that the females got too political in their music and it made it hard to escape the world.Β 

Β 

They already know it's ish, they just want the music to escape. .

Now while Ariana is political, I see that her Music is different from what she does on her own platforms outside the recorded Side. That's why I think she's a success.Β 

Β 

She proved you can be political and still create the fun music your audience craves..

The others think they need to say something. The gays don't want that. Majority actually align with their political ideas anyway.Β 

Β 

They just want fun music.Β 

Β 

I also agree on the Dr. Luke statement as well. That's probably why she's flopping.Β 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Hmm, it's easier to dismiss an artist that you don't like genuinely, and overanalyzed those you look up to.

I don't know about you but I can see a lot of interesting videos on YouTube decoding Katy's music and career.

Btw, I've already seen this very same comment with one of my thread. Try something new, honey.Β :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 1

Britney: Β She Should Do Music That Is Really Well Produced And Make Bops. Β Also ReInvent Her Image To Be SensualΒ Adult Woman, Not *** Kitten.Β 

Xtina: Release Good Music, Start Dancing Again,Β Actually Be A Pop Star, And Promote Her Music.Β 

Madonna: Stop Trying To Act Young, It Looks Desperate. Β Instead Own Your Age And Slay The Game, And Of Course Release Dance Music Instead Of Her Crappy Trap Music We Have Gotten In The Past Few Years.Β 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block