Do you sometimes prefer Asian entertainment industry over USA?

• Super Mods

I'm not big on K-dramas, even though im a huge fan of K-pop since 2009. As far as Japan goes, I used to be an anime lunatic up until I was 23, and then for some reason all the anime became boring to me :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Sometimes I do prefer k-pop over the USA music industry, but then I remember that kpop idols are technically slaves to their labels and are regularly harassed by their fans and GP. So I end up disliking it because of this side of things

• Love 1

I don't think that way. I don't look at shows and label them American (or Western) and "Asian". I just see them as TV shows or Films and judge them on content and color palette. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I recently just discovered this Turkish series and it's the first time for me and i'm not familiar with the language so it's very new to my ears but I love it because it's done really well. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I don't think that way. I don't look at shows and label them American (or Western) and "Asian". I just see them as TV shows or Films and judge them on content and color palette. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I recently just discovered this Turkish series and it's the first time for me and i'm not familiar with the language so it's very new to my ears but I love it because it's done really well. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

omg what's the name of the Turkish show? I watched a few in the past. Them Turks love some good drama and really know how to make a ***** cry :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

• Love 1

no. Its all to polished and fake for me. I can enjoy the dancing but thats not enough for me. I rarely like music in languages I dont understand (spanish/french and italian are ok) and I dont enjoy music with accented english (shakira is an exception) they guys all look too young and girly for me (im a 30 year old woman - they have 0 appeal to me but I can see how a 10 year old might think they are "hot") and the gils all look to much like plastic dolls. Also since I know how bad the Kpop artists are treated Im happy that I dont enjoy it.  Also fancams on Twitter made me hate anything that had to do with it.

also since Ive had this discussion before: NO I do not think that asian men all look like girls. I think most Kpop guys do however.

This is not the same

main-qimg-360034698f1edd07dc6874f0228e7bmain-qimg-8f7e7513b8317b5b5d9983d48deff4main-qimg-28c4283482fa0f7933d22ea269244b

as this

maxresdefault.jpg5815edb416bb2bc0d402d314cb4a33e9.jpg

I love me some K-Pop, obviously, but I wouldn't say I like it any more or less than Western music. It's just another type of music that I listen to for other reasons. :typing_keyboard_computer: Also, I don't listen to actual J-Pop itself, but a lot of Korean artists promote in Japan and release Japanese music, so you could say that I consume J-Pop by association. :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised: As for other forms of media, I watch Korean variety shows whenever my favorite groups / idols appear on them. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy: Lastly, I don't watch anime, but I've watched like 5 or 6 Chinese, Taiwanese, and Thai dramas as well. They're cheesy as hell, but I love a cheesy gay love story. :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I don’t support kpop at all, but I guess it’s fun for people to dance to. I don’t like how the kpop stars are so manufactured and disposable. They are told to get all this plastic surgery and skin lightening, dedicate their whole lives to their record company, aren’t allowed to date or have regular lives, etc... 

one day this industry will be exposed but I guess we are still behind. We didn’t expose predators till 3 years ago so there’s time. 

• Like 1
On 10/27/2020 at 4:22 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Yes I do. 

Watching English dubbed version of Super Sentai (Power rangers for us in the US). That's not a kids show at all 

The American live action dragon ball z film can choke honey

Omg, that was a horrible experience, it was really just bad, the storyline different and you could tell the director hasn't done his homework and see what DBZ is really about. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

I don't know about prefer, but I do watch those korean or japanese shows more. A lot of that comes down to the way K-Idols and J-idols promote music. There's just a lot more shows for them to appear on so when I'm a fan of an idol I have good reason to look out to see what they've appeared on. Compare that to say, American popstars, who MAY appear on like Ellen or a late night show, but don't really have many avenues to promote their music on tv. 

If there was a show in English on TV that was like Queendom, where a bunch of groups gave performances in a competition leading up to an final, original track, I would watch the HELL out of that. 

I do also watch anime and read manga. 

• Love 1

Yes, absolutely prefer Asian music and shows than American music. I also prefer European music compared to American.  I feel that American music is quite dull and boring and overly generic as of late. Of course there are still some great artists out there but I find Asian music has much better meaning and melodically they sound better in my ears.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block