Do you sometimes prefer Asian entertainment industry over USA?

What I love in Kpop is their dedication and hard work. Just look up their live performances and how in sync are the group members. Even when I don’t understand a word, it is still very entertaining because of the spot on dance moves.

Also it is illegal to lip sync in Korea, so when you go to any Kpop concert you really do get your money’s worth. 

On 10/26/2020 at 11:17 PM, QZeusLiquorQ said:

Korean TV series are often deep and intensely thought out and sometimes even when they are cheesy/sugary there is some lesson

Also, Asia has very well-rounded pop music in my eyes

most of all, i think that for example Japan and South-Korea often want to bring message with mediums.

not to forget about anime, manga etc

korean.jpg.bbff3e6675f9f10af6ab28a23dbf8fb8.jpg

No, since that industry drives its singers to suicide... And I don’t find it appealing... 

^ I know, right? 

I used to listen more to Kpop when I was younger, during their first peak back in late 00s. During that time the "talent" was more believable and less produced, I think. I still enjoy some tracks and groups, but I don't see much difference between groups anymore besides the amount of people. Back then you had Girls Generation, KARA, Brown Eyed Girls, 4Minute, 2NE1 and were very different from each other. I like most of BLACK PINK's songs and some random tracks from TWICE and other groups.

I believe it's harder for people to connect with groups than solo singers, which are the usual type of artists in America. You don't see much of their personality unless you follow other activities that they do, like TV shows not related to music. 

I personally prefer Jpop even tho the current scene is pretty much dead besides some singers. 

Koda Kumi and Namie Amuro still slaps, even tho Namie is retired now. 

• Love 1

I sometimes think that and I listen to asian music sometimes more than western. Thats because most of the time western artists put A LOT LESS effort and its hard to find someone dedicated to their art (and consistently putting it out) in western world. I go by my ear though (I like cute sounds). 

Both have good sides and bad, but for a consumer South Korean is the best cause it gives LOTS OF CONTENT and all that content is QUALITY. (bad side is stress on idols and restrictions they are put under). About dramas, its all personal preference, I do like chinese the best cause I dont enjoy cursing, violence, *** and whatever. I like chill romantic comedy and they deliver.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block