MEGARATE: In The Zone (GAME)

6 - The Hook Up

Overall rate: 8.95

tumblr_m7w1ue8P1X1r23uddo1_500.gif

Lowest rate: 5/10 - @Puppy

Highest rate: 11/10 (x2) @Panos @kasavas

Comments:

·     Deserves SO much more recognition. Underrated gem.

·      I love the whole reggae vibe, it’s a very fun song to dance to

·     Again another song that I think you have to be in a certain mood to appreciate it

·     used to be my favorite but found I prefer others over this. still fun and catchy and I wish she performed it more

·     I'm living for the bridge but the verses are kinda bland. Performance is fire too

·     The Hook Up does not get enough love because there were so many stand out tracks on this album. It's fun, flirty, and secsy. Britney was flawless during this era and a music video would have been so amazing!

·      I love the reggae-funk influence of the song, and Britney trying to impersonate the Jamaican accent added so much more personality to the song.

·      I kind of feel like its a filler. It's still fun to bop to though :D

·     A strong album cut that also has the appeal to be a single. It's one of the most unique Britney songs.

·     TOTALLY TURNT UP YES I WANT SOME OF THAT

·     Initially my favourite on the album upon my first listen. Super fun. 

·     Album filler but nicely done. 

·     Rythm it's so good, so catchy... I had an obsesion with this song for a long time and the Onyx Hotel performance

·     Unpopular opinion but I’ve never been too crazy about this song for some reason. Upon relistening to it recently it has grown on me however. Still not super crazy, but I do quite like the funky reggae/dancehall vibes, Britney’s Jamaican accent and the Onyx Hotel Tour performance of this song was so good! 

·     More fun than Showdown and the tour choreography was spicy

·     The Hook Up not being a single was a big career mistake. This sound was popular after awhile. She was ahead of her time once again.

·      I can’t stop thinking of the Onyx Hotel Tour performance. Iconic.

·     This song annoys me.

·     love this sound from her

·      I love when Britney goes out of her comfort zone and tries something different. Another stand out for me. Makes me wanna bump my rump. 

·     Ugh, The Hook Up is so underappreciated and probably the least hyped song off In The Zone, it's a super dance-able song. Amazing production!

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Slayer said:

6 - The Hook Up

Comments:

·     Again another song that I think you have to be in a certain mood to appreciate it

·     used to be my favorite but found I prefer others over this. still fun and catchy and I wish she performed it more

·     I'm living for the bridge but the verses are kinda bland. Performance is fire too

·     The Hook Up does not get enough love because there were so many stand out tracks on this album. It's fun, flirty, and secsy. Britney was flawless during this era and a music video would have been so amazing!

·      I love the reggae-funk influence of the song, and Britney trying to impersonate the Jamaican accent added so much more personality to the song.

·     A strong album cut that also has the appeal to be a single. It's one of the most unique Britney songs.

·     Rythm it's so good, so catchy... I had an obsesion with this song for a long time and the Onyx Hotel performance

·     Unpopular opinion but I’ve never been too crazy about this song for some reason. Upon relistening to it recently it has grown on me however. Still not super crazy, but I do quite like the funky reggae/dancehall vibes, Britney’s Jamaican accent and the Onyx Hotel Tour performance of this song was so good! 

·     The Hook Up not being a single was a big career mistake. This sound was popular after awhile. She was ahead of her time once again.

·      I love when Britney goes out of her comfort zone and tries something different. Another stand out for me. Makes me wanna bump my rump. 

·     Ugh, The Hook Up is so underappreciated and probably the least hyped song off In The Zone, it's a super dance-able song. Amazing production!

Where it should be 

• Love 1
Just now, Slayer said:

6 - The Hook Up

Comments:

I'm glad The Hook Up made it this far :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

The bridge is everything :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

• Love 6
Just now, Slayer said:

6 - The Hook Up

Comments:

Finally, did not deserve top 5 at all :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Me Against The Music getting it’s deserved top 5 placement :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud: