Regal closing all theaters for the foreseeable future

I think the success of Mulan, And the success of having theatrical titles in demand at home, Basically killed the industry as they basically cut out the movie theaters chain. And found faster success with families and other people who aren't comfortable in crowds.

It definitely killed the theater. Smart tvs and Rona were really the nail in the coffin. 

16 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

what??? if cinemas got closed, all the arenas will be closing too

Like Madonna said infamously in 2008. 

You can't download a live performance. 

Live entertainment is here to stay. 

Filmed entertainment like movies realized people are willing to pay 25 to 30 dollars to rent a movie at home. 

It sucks. But internet took down another outdated concept. 

15 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think the success of Mulan, And the success of having theatrical titles in demand at home, Basically killed the industry as they basically cut out the movie theaters chain. And found faster success with families and other people who aren't comfortable in crowds.

It definitely killed the theater. Smart tvs and Rona were really the nail in the coffin. 

What are you even talking about, Mulan isn't a success, it didn't even come close to making half it's budget?

There's a reason Disney pushed it's entire slate back until next year, they aren't making enough money with VOD and that's why no other finished movies are heading to Disney+

Mulan was a test and it went horribly because they lose way too much money sending it right to VOD.

That industry is in complete panic mode, We're about to see movie budgets fly right out the window if they can't get movies back in theaters. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

You would think right? Actually, movie studios NEED theatres to make money. Mulan was a box office failure because it was on VOD. Companies literally make all their money in the first couple weeks, than the money goes to theatre itself. But the margins are super tiny. Companies will make no where near the amount to break even on home releases, the money is just not there.

With that said, I really hope theatres aren't done for good. I love going out to a movie.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block