Christina Aguilera: "I'm not going on a diet. Get over it. I'm fine with that."

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I have a couple of thoughts about this.

I love the confidence and the no f---s attitude. I try to live my life only giving f---s to the things I care about.

However, I think it'd be beneficial if Legend X, and anyone else interested in ramping up their healthy lifestyle, viewed nutrition in a different light.

The word "diet" has a lot of emotion and stigma behind it.

Watching what you eat, being mindful of macro and micro nutrients, learning when to stop eating when you're full, portion control etc... these are all really powerful tools to becoming your best self.

I do love body positivity, but I also love when people strive to better themselves (versus complacency – btw not saying Xtina is being complacent – just speaking in general terms).

I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive or that I know it all. From personal experience, I have lived my life with and without focus on nutrition, and I find that dialing things in nutation-wise gave me a fuller life (pun intended sigh). 

Of course Xtina has the right to live however she wants to. As does anyone! It's HER body and I respect that. 

Maybe it's hard for me to see outside of my bubble. Exhale, what are your thoughts on this?

I can understand why people like you who focus on being fit and healthy are confused at how someone wouldn't want to do that as well but for example for people like me who absolutely hate working out and can't maintain dieting cause it gets too hard I totally understand her

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

if she was retired I wouldnt give a **** about her body. But its no coincindence that whenever she is fat her performances are trash. It was that way in 2011-2012 too. Just like with Britney I dont believe in kissing *** of the people im a fan of. Just because Im a fan doesnt mean I have to think everything she says and does is amazing. Message boards would be ******* annoying if we would all just agree with each other and throw undeserved praise around.

You can not possibly compare her current self to her stripped performances... I saw both tours live. Believe me she didnt have CD vocals playing in 2003, she actually had some choreography not just walking, she was capable of singing her own choruses and she had more overall enerjy. Just because she was never a dancer doesnt mean she hasnt drastically declined in her ability.

Doesn’t mean she has either. This is your opinion, just as I have mine. 🤷‍♂️ Let’s agree to disagree because clearly neither of us are gonna change our mind (no seas Cortes).... I only draw the comparison between stripped and now because that’s what everyone does to Britney 🤷‍♂️ And because I actually lived through it. I recently showed my bestie the stripped dvd (which I love, her cover of At Last is EVERYTHING) and he felt it was very lackluster.... I had never noticed because I really did enjoy the show, but after he pointed it out, she really doesn’t do a whole lot.... cut to today, I think she’s serving it as she always has, just a little thicker. 

2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

if she was retired I wouldnt give a **** about her body. But its no coincindence that whenever she is fat her performances are trash. It was that way in 2011-2012 too. Just like with Britney I dont believe in kissing *** of the people im a fan of. Just because Im a fan doesnt mean I have to think everything she says and does is amazing. Message boards would be ******* annoying if we would all just agree with each other and throw undeserved praise around.

You can not possibly compare her current self to her stripped performances... I saw both tours live. Believe me she didnt have CD vocals playing in 2003, she actually had some choreography not just walking, she was capable of singing her own choruses and she had more overall enerjy. Just because she was never a dancer doesnt mean she hasnt drastically declined in her ability.

I saw her last ******* year on her X tour she sang beautiful live. Everything live!!!!, Their is a huge stretch from when you was in you're early 20s to now nearly hitting her 40s.give her a break!!!, What do you want her to do bleed!!!!. I've been a huge Xtina fan since her debut and I **** ain't complaining. Learn to be greatful that she bothered to sing and perform!!! still!. She still has her voice or you planning on ****ting all over that aswell?. She is a MOTHER she has TWO kids to look after now!. Some parents just like Xtina haven't got the time to go the gym as she has babies to look after!!!. I saw her Manchester last year and she even went down to Manchester Christmas Market just like any normal person would do. But because she is no longer a young lady but now a grown woman you think it's OK to slander her body. Times change sweetheart!!. She's happy the way she is so deal with. If you don't like then bugger off because you are obviously a not a real fan!. Every single celebrity either ages or gains weight it's life!!. They are humans just like us at the end of day!. 

1 minute ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

Doesn’t mean she has either. This is your opinion, just as I have mine. 🤷‍♂️ Let’s agree to disagree because clearly neither of us are gonna change our mind (no seas Cortes).... I only draw the comparison between stripped and now because that’s what everyone does to Britney 🤷‍♂️ And because I actually lived through it. I recently showed my bestie the stripped dvd (which I love, her cover of At Last is EVERYTHING) and he felt it was very lackluster.... I had never noticed because I really did enjoy the show, but after he pointed it out, she really doesn’t do a whole lot.... cut to today, I think she’s serving it as she always has, just a little thicker. 

have you even watched any of her recent stuff? also keep in mind that back then she was singing the whole show live. You cant compare her performances with someone who uses pre recorded vocals like Beyonce. Compare her to Mariah and you will see that she didnt used to be lackluster. But yeah we will just have to agree to disagree.

• Like 2

Bionic, Your Body, Not Myself Tonight, Vanity, Accelerate, Feel This Moment and Let there be love had The CD vocals in the background and she was singing along to it for some parts or just wailing along to it. It was super obvious live and is very noticeable in videos.

Dirrty, Lady Marmalade, Cant Hold Us Down, Candyman, Feel This Momen, Let there be love she doesnt even bother to sing the chorus and has her background singers do all the work.

The only songs she sang well were ballads.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, The Greatest Show said:

have you even watched any of her recent stuff? also keep in mind that back then she was singing the whole show live. You cant compare her performances with someone who uses pre recorded vocals like Beyonce. Compare her to Mariah and you will see that she didnt used to be lackluster. But yeah we will just have to agree to disagree.

Honey let’s not start on Mariah in the day of her Memoirs release. 💋 but to answer your question, yes, I’ve seen her videos.... idk if you read my whole post before, but I live in Vegas. Go to Planet Hollywood during her residency and videos of her are everywhere, inescapable... not only that but yes, I’ve seen the show. I liked it. It’s Xtina 🤷‍♂️.... and just don’t mention Beastoncé in my presence, she is so overrated. You can read my comment on the I Have Questions post if you want to know how I feel about all that... have a good day, put on your greatest face and serve them The Greatest Show. ❤️

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Lizzo changed the ideas of beauty standards. I think the days of working out and bettering yourselves are outnumbered as those body types aren't for everybody some people are more big boned and they have to have extra weight. 

Plus health professionals and doctors have come out and said the body mass index charts is outdated and very dangerous

No, no, no.

This is all wrong, please do not spread this information.

Health is 100% about working out, bettering yourself and pushing your body.

There is a STRONG correlation between length of life and good fitness.

Lizzo, is UNHEALTHY. I don't care about beauty standards or whatever, she is an unhealthy woman and no one should look like she does and expect to live an easy/long life. She is glorifying unhealthy lifestyles which is a dangerous road to go down. The US is already one the heaviest places in the whole world, we don't need to positively reinforce that dangerous statistic.

We live in a fantasy world if we start accepting obese people as "healthy" and "the way they have to be". It is not.

This is science, not some weird social archetype.

As for Xtina, she looks fine rn. Your allowed to gain/loose weight. But she should just be aware, working out is also for health not just looks.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, A.a.A said:

No, no, no.

This is all wrong, please do not spread this information.

Health is 100% about working out, bettering yourself and pushing your body.

There is a STRONG correlation between length of life and good fitness.

Lizzo, is UNHEALTHY. I don't care about beauty standards or whatever, she is an unhealthy woman and no one should look like she does and expect to live an easy/long life. She is glorifying unhealthy lifestyles which is a dangerous road to go down. The US is already one the heaviest places in the whole world, we don't need to positively reinforce that dangerous statistic.

We live in a fantasy world if we start accepting obese people as "healthy" and "the way they have to be". It is not.

This is science, not some weird social archetype.

Exactly. Lizzo is healthy for a obese woman but she isnt healthy. She works out and has lost 50lbs with her vegan diet so she clearly realizes that she feels better when she is eating well, exercising and loosing weight.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I LOVE Her, But... She Needs To Realise That There Will Be Consequences Eventually.  She Will Not Be Able To Dance As Well,  Her Image May Be Tarnished.  Just Something for Her To Keep In Mind, I Think She Looks Great.  Also, She’s Acting Like People Think She’s Fat, Shes Not.  

Look at this, please. Bahar (the one with black hair) was always very thin. Then she gain weight. She and Sandy nearly win the competition. Then Maite Kelly. She is not so thick as in her youth but still not thin. She won the show.Both Lady´s get the best press. There was no body shaming. Everyone was flashed by there performances and proud of them. As it should be. Rate people only by behavior and accomplishment. Not how they look like. You are able to dance and move your body even when you are thick. But with Chris, I don´t know where is the problem. She was never a dancer like Brit. More a vocalist.

vimeo.com/246502464

And  here is another appearance from her:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

She was curvy but in great shape after her first pregnancy.

She was still skinny after her first pregnancy. That's "curvy" for you? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Now she is curvy/a LITTLE overweight - but it doesn't mean that she is just flat out fat/obese... and it doesn't mean that she NEEDS to go on a diet just to look like 21 years old herself... Cause she is not that young anymore + she had babies... It's not easy to go back to being skinny and maintain that after pregnancies... :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Of course she would look "better" in terms of the "pop culture eye" if she would be very skinny again - but why does everyone need to almost starve themselves and workout like crazy just to be accepted and treated ok.?? (and not being called "a whale" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:)

The only thing Christina should consider is gaining a better stamina for her shows (and changing her tragic costumes :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:) or like you said - go on a "Adele direction" and just put on some beautiful gowns and just sing...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Christina Aguilera says she's not going on a diet in the foreseeable future, so haters / people judging her body are just going to have to deal with it.

Xtina lands in the new issue of L'Officiel Italia. In it, she says:

I have a couple of thoughts about this.

I love the confidence and the no f---s attitude. I try to live my life only giving f---s to the things I care about.

However, I think it'd be beneficial if Legend X, and anyone else interested in ramping up their healthy lifestyle, viewed nutrition in a different light.

The word "diet" has a lot of emotion and stigma behind it.

Watching what you eat, being mindful of macro and micro nutrients, learning when to stop eating when you're full, portion control etc... these are all really powerful tools to becoming your best self.

I do love body positivity, but I also love when people strive to better themselves (versus complacency – btw not saying Xtina is being complacent – just speaking in general terms).

I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive or that I know it all. From personal experience, I have lived my life with and without focus on nutrition, and I find that dialing things in nutrition-wise gave me a fuller life (pun intended sigh). 

Of course Xtina has the right to live however she wants to. As does anyone! It's HER body and I respect that. 

Maybe it's hard for me to see outside of my bubble. Exhale, what are your thoughts on this?

Related:

xtina-diet.jpg.f34af3e154dcfd70df78cb9aa883e5bc.jpg

I see your point and I am somewhat of a health freak myself. Having said that, in an industry where women are as valuable as the fat they lose, I can see where she comes from. Should we celebrate unhealthy lifestyles? no, but each person should be able to call the shots on their own bodies, I think

3 minutes ago, Lukas1896 said:

She was still skinny after her first pregnancy. That's "curvy" for you? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Now she is curvy/a LITTLE overweight - but it doesn't mean that she is just flat out fat/obese... and it doesn't mean that she NEEDS to go on a diet just to look like 21 years old herself... Cause she is not that young anymore + she had babies... It's not easy to go back to being skinny and maintain that after pregnancies... :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Of course she would look "better" in terms of the "pop culture eye" if she would be very skinny again - but why does everyone need to almost starve themselves and workout like crazy just to be accepted and treated ok.?? (and not being called "a whale" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:)

The only thing Christina should consider is gaining a better stamina for her shows (and changing her tragic costumes :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:) or like you said - go on a "Adele direction" and just put on some beautiful gowns and just sing...

This is what I said!. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, xtinafighter48 said:

for real?

omg i didn't know this.... why reason her team would say that? Xtina was pregnant during those months i think.

I´m not sure if it was Britney´s team too. But the press and I think her colleague. Britney get´s the worst press and comments back then. They called her fat. That´s why she wrote:"I´m miss she is to thin now she s to thick."They told stuff like Britney was never so fat in her whole life before.:nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block