Christina Aguilera: "I'm not going on a diet. Get over it. I'm fine with that."

• Leader

Christina Aguilera says she's not going on a diet in the foreseeable future, so haters / people judging her body are just going to have to deal with it.

Xtina lands in the new issue of L'Officiel Italia. In it, she says:

"I'm not going on a diet. Get over it. I'm fine with that."

I have a couple of thoughts about this.

I love the confidence and the no f---s attitude. I try to live my life only giving f---s to the things I care about.

However, I think it'd be beneficial if Legend X, and anyone else interested in ramping up their healthy lifestyle, viewed nutrition in a different light.

The word "diet" has a lot of emotion and stigma behind it.

Watching what you eat, being mindful of macro and micro nutrients, learning when to stop eating when you're full, portion control etc... these are all really powerful tools to becoming your best self.

I do love body positivity, but I also love when people strive to better themselves (versus complacency – btw not saying Xtina is being complacent – just speaking in general terms).

I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive or that I know it all. From personal experience, I have lived my life with and without focus on nutrition, and I find that dialing things in nutrition-wise gave me a fuller life (pun intended sigh). 

Of course Xtina has the right to live however she wants to. As does anyone! It's HER body and I respect that. 

Maybe it's hard for me to see outside of my bubble. Exhale, what are your thoughts on this?

Related:

xtina-diet.jpg.f34af3e154dcfd70df78cb9aa883e5bc.jpg

• Love 6
  • Like 2

I think she just means she doesn’t want to starve herself till she has an eating disorder to conform to any unrealistic societal convictions of beauty. 

That being said, I do think “diet” has negative connotations unfortunately.

I’m certain she’s being misquoted out of context for effect.

Also, being scrutinized for her weight probably rubs her the wrong way. :kisses_britney_kiss_blow_womanizer_love_circus:2008:

• Love 2

Im guessing as a fan I have watched way more videos of her Vegas Residency and Tour than you guys and because of that I am probably a lot more annoyed.

Imagien Britney being capable of being 2016ney but decided to be ok with being 2011ney because she was so lazy. You all wouldnt like that either.

If you could get the 2016 BBMA performance but instead get her FF promo performance and she says "yeah I dont want to workout lol" wouldnt you as people who pay for her shows be pissed? (Also yes Im aware that she was medicated at the time, Im just trying to use a comparisson that most people here will get.

No one is expecting Christina to look like she did during B2B. She doenst have to be skinny.

She was curvy but in great shape after her first pregnancy.

2008+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+Arrivals+9hLfnkwjKglvguDSg552LdGn5QJDi0vWh43tEb_mO5Lchristina-aguilera-performs-as-part-of-h80.jpgpXwDKafZMEJoLAq-8-UYCXXuwkhkqhqV_EifOC10

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block