Buying The "Oops!" Vinyl is Wrong and Indefensible (Opinion)

ICouldntThinkOfOne

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

1. Vinyls such as the one for Record Store Day are to support the small record shops and they order it from the supplier and they pay the supplier. Even if people boycotted this release, team Britney would have gotten paid already and we would only hurt small businesses that have nothing to do with this.

2. The Urban Outfiter vinyls state they are all an UO exclusive. This means they bought rights to exclusive publish them. They already paid team B, not buying the vinyls wouldn't hurt team B but only UO since they already paid them.

This would not be the case if the seller was Britney's online shop but it isn't. Again, boycotting the vinyls is boycotting stores that don't have anything to do with FreeBritney.

3. You are being very rude to claim others are doing something and indefensable. You're not the one to tell others what they can and can't do.

4. We ALL want Britney to be happy, you honestly think she cares about these vinyls where she literally has  had zero work done for? She said she doesn't want to work which means recording new music. She couldn't care about old stuff getting re-released. Not when new fragrances are being release every now and then. Boycotting the fragrances would be a smarter move since they are being produced in large amounts while the vinyls are literally limited editions and not mass produced unlike the fragrances.

5. I don't believe a single word when you say you haven't streamed any song or video. We all have and we all do and it is fine. Supporting her doesn't mean we have to turn our backs to what made us support her in the first place: her music.

So for the love of god, stop with putting people to shame. It's uncalled and not needed. Put your energy in stuff that matters.

I'm so down with this. Well said

7 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

When. She. Tells. Me. To. Stop. I’ll. Stop. :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

She's not allowed to say anything that will damage her brand. Are you new here or what? Keep waiting for the abuse victim to speak up when we have court documents and written letters that should do the talking enough for you. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

She hasn't been able to say she wants free.  You had to get that from her lawyer and still there were people who didn't believe she wanted it.  Not to mention she stopped working for a ******* reason,  it's to stop making money for her captors. But that's not enough words for you either apparently lol. Amazing. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

19 minutes ago, Justney said:

She's not allowed to say anything that will damage her brand. Are you new here or what? Keep waiting for the abuse victim to speak up when we have court documents and written letters that should do the talking enough for you. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

She hasn't been able to say she wants free.  You had to get that from her lawyer and still there were people who didn't believe she wanted it.  Not to mention she stopped working for a ******* reason,  it's to stop making money for her captors. But that's not enough words for you either apparently lol. Amazing. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

Amazing that you’re so pressed with what I do with my money. @IForgotYouExisted already explained it well enough for all you haters to comprehend as simply as possible. Yes she stopped working for a ******* reason but I didn’t know that she went to the recording studio recently or pressed these vinyls herself. Stop arguing with me because we aren’t going to get anywhere. Mind your damn business 

12 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

There is no argument to be made. For the past two years, there is no justifiable reason to buy rehashed Britney items like vinyls. Last month, Britney made it publically known that she is refusing to work. Vinyls are passive income as they do not require Britney to work, but it all goes to the same place; Team Con and her father.

We know too much to excuse it.

Please say this louder! I literally cannot comprehend people on this forum still buying **** from Team Con while at the same time wishing for her to be free.

There is simply no excuse.

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

If you want to hurt her teams wallet, and want to listen to her music without streaming and having it count as money. Download it from Spotify or whatever you stream it. Once you download it for free if you pay for your music to be in high quality sound. They're not making any money, cos you basically ripped it from their server. 

I thought everybody understood the technology and ways of streaming. 

Downloads from Spotify do count as streams. Even when your offline. Whenever you go online, the counted streams will update for that artist. 

3 hours ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I'm so down with this. Well said

It's the simple truth honestly and I can't stand these people think they are being superior to other fans and think they invented hot water. Let people do what they want. There's no need to put them on shame...especially since the reasons in this case won't even affect team B but smaller shops.

1 hour ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Please say this louder! I literally cannot comprehend people on this forum still buying **** from Team Con while at the same time wishing for her to be free.

There is simply no excuse.

I gave you plenty of reasons sweetie

You all don't understand a single thing of how retail works he?

Again: even if people did not buy them....TEAM B. ALREADY. GOT. PAID. BY. THE. SHOPS.

GEEZ.

What's so hard about that to understand that?

1 minute ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Again: even if people did not buy them....TEAM B. ALREADY. GOT. PAID. BY. THE. SHOPS.

GEEZ.

I’m not your sweetie.

I actually mean what I say on this forum, I’m not a hypocrite, so I won’t be giving a cent of my money to Jamie Spears and Loucifer. 

If you can give them your money with a peace of mind and keep indirectly enabling the abuse and still feel okay doing so, then by all means, go ahead.

I thankfully can’t relate to that.

I already bought the ....Baby One More Time Anniversary Picture Disc Vinyl last year, because it was the only non-exclusive vinyl of Britney at the time tenor.gif

But like the King of Exhale's Vinyl Community, @IForgotYouExisted said, Exclusive vinyls like Urban Outfitters Exclusive profit off sales are only going to the wallets of UO, Not her team, because Urban Outfitters already paid Bteam so they can license her albums and sell it giving them profit tenor.gif

That is buisness 101, hunties tenor.gif

And if you want, you can still buy any of her vinyls through second-hand services like Ebay in where your money only goes to the seller and none to any other form tenor.gif

Also, once the Self-titled (Britney) & Circus Vinyl are available on Ebay, im buying it tenor.gif

2 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

GEEZ.

It's still a britney branded item that funds the conservatorship. 

By buying it, you're giving team b a thumbs up to make more and sell more.

It's still supporting the brand.

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Amazing that you’re so pressed with what I do with my money. @IForgotYouExisted already explained it well enough for all you haters to comprehend as simply as possible. Yes she stopped working for a ******* reason but I didn’t know that she went to the recording studio recently or pressed these vinyls herself. Stop arguing with me because we aren’t going to get anywhere. Mind your damn business 

To be an admin, you for sure have your standards in the ***.... a very selfish mother****er abusing its power in the forum, nasty *****, trash, and trying to justify what's wrong, stupid binch

Archived