Buying The "Oops!" Vinyl is Wrong and Indefensible (Opinion)

ICouldntThinkOfOne

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I already bought the ....Baby One More Time Anniversary Picture Disc Vinyl last year, because it was the only non-exclusive vinyl of Britney at the time tenor.gif

But like the King of Exhale's Vinyl Community, @IForgotYouExisted said, Exclusive vinyls like Urban Outfitters Exclusive profit off sales are only going to the wallets of UO, Not her team, because Urban Outfitters already paid Bteam so they can license her albums and sell it giving them profit tenor.gif

That is buisness 101, hunties tenor.gif

And if you want, you can still buy any of her vinyls through second-hand services like Ebay in where your money only goes to the seller and none to any other form tenor.gif

Also, once the Self-titled (Britney) & Circus Vinyl are available on Ebay, im buying it tenor.gif

They think they know how retail and businesses work when they really don't lmao!

10 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

1. Vinyls such as the one for Record Store Day are to support the small record shops and they order it from the supplier and they pay the supplier. Even if people boycotted this release, team Britney would have gotten paid already and we would only hurt small businesses that have nothing to do with this.

2. The Urban Outfiter vinyls state they are all an UO exclusive. This means they bought rights to exclusive publish them. They already paid team B, not buying the vinyls wouldn't hurt team B but only UO since they already paid them.

This would not be the case if the seller was Britney's online shop but it isn't. Again, boycotting the vinyls is boycotting stores that don't have anything to do with FreeBritney.

3. You are being very rude to claim others are doing something and indefensable. You're not the one to tell others what they can and can't do.

4. We ALL want Britney to be happy, you honestly think she cares about these vinyls where she literally has  had zero work done for? She said she doesn't want to work which means recording new music. She couldn't care about old stuff getting re-released. Not when new fragrances are being release every now and then. Boycotting the fragrances would be a smarter move since they are being produced in large amounts while the vinyls are literally limited editions and not mass produced unlike the fragrances.

5. I don't believe a single word when you say you haven't streamed any song or video. We all have and we all do and it is fine. Supporting her doesn't mean we have to turn our backs to what made us support her in the first place: her music.

So for the love of god, stop with putting people to shame. It's uncalled and not needed. Put your energy in stuff that matters.

1. By buying the vinyl, you're giving her team to do it more because stores will still supply it. This makes team conservatorship money.

2. Reread point one.

3. If you're going to resort to saying my post is "rude", please reread the situation. Britney has no legal rights and is fighting to get out of a system that she has been miserable in.

If I'm "not the one to tell others what they can and cannot do", right back at you.

4. It doesn't matter if she hypothetically  "doesnt  care about them". Factually, she is refusing to engage in activities that her father benefits from. Boycott both. The money goes to the same place.

5. Personally speaking, I dont particularly care that you dont believe me. As I said, I do not seek out her music unless I previously bought the album before 2019. The only exception is the Slumber Party Tour remixes.

Do you understand what "boycott" means? It means actively refusing to engage. No matter what you buy, stream or watch, it all goes back to the same place. That's the point. Is it hard? Yes, but it's for a greater good.

For someone saying "put your energy into what matters", you wrote a 5 point response that misses the basis point. If that's what you have to do to justify it in your head....

Court documents were filed three weeks ago that say Britney wants out. This keeps her in.

There is literally 4600 copies of the vinyl worldwide. This is not a cash grab by her team like the in the zone, this a well executed celebration of her legacy. assuming a retail price of 20$ and lets say her team gets 10$ out of each purchase after paying RCA, packaging, the stores .etc. these vinyls don't even cover what Britney pays in child support PER MONTH to Kevin.

Yes it's not perfectly ethical, but at the same time i think it's way more ethical than paying to see her dance and perform like a monkey against her will in any of her Piece of me shows, or even worse the meet and greets.

1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

They think they know how retail and businesses work when they really don't lmao!

They be acting like if we dont buy vinyls, she will instantly be set free as if the court hearings are influenced by vinyl sales and profit tenor.gif 

Onces the final verdict is too set britney free, they cannot do anything to control her with the money they are not even recieving tenor.gif

Im just waiting for when her exclusive vinyls shippings get cheaper, that way i can buy it without shipping that cost more than the vinyls alone tenor.gif

I really agree with that for huge releases... I was very irritated at this vinyl thing, but somebody pointed out that it was a limited release, so there's like a very limited amount of money to be made out of this release in particular, so I think it might not be that big of a deal.

I didn't buy it and will probably in the future buy from another fan on ebay or something and still prefered if we didn't support it at all, but in this case it's not such a huge fish to fry. When and if B10 or any music is released before the c-ship ends then we all will have to sit and talk

So basically you're saying that because of the conservatorship, all fans should suddenly be devoid of emotions towards her music, which is what made us fans in the first place, and act strictly based on speculations and reasoning about a private matter..... That's nuts. My p ussy gets wet when I see releases like this. I can't afford them, but I would 100% buy them and have A BLAST! Which has been my experience as a fan since day one. Please don't rain on my parade? Thank you.

19 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

So basically you're saying that because of the conservatorship, all fans should suddenly be devoid of emotions towards her music, which is what made us fans in the first place, and act strictly based on speculations and reasoning about a private matter..... That's nuts. My p ussy gets wet when I see releases like this. I can't afford them, but I would 100% buy them and have A BLAST! Which has been my experience as a fan since day one. Please don't rain on my parade? Thank you.

It comes at the expense of her human rights.

Archived