Buying The "Oops!" Vinyl is Wrong and Indefensible (Opinion)

ICouldntThinkOfOne

12 minutes ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

Ok, so they got 3000 dollars... if that... wtf do u think that’s gonna do for anyone? My goodness, boycotting this release literally did NOTHING but keep u from an exclusive item that if you ever want in the future is gonna be 4x as much as it was on the day it was released. Do YOU know how the industry works? I’m not famous by any means (yet) but I did go to school for Audio Production, so yeah, I do understand how rights, sales, and distribution work, and probably way more on the back end of it all too... I appreciate where you are coming from on the issue, but this isn’t the way to go about it....

3000 just for this vinyl add the rest studio albums vinyls, GHMP vinyl, BOMT, Oops, Britney, ITZ, Blackout Cassettes, Official Merch like T-Shirts, perfumes, etc. So, yeah there's good cash there :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I just said to wait until november when she's back in control of her money.... NOVEMBER, just weeks, IT IS NOT HARD.

I also, thanks to my career I know well how this works, that's why tell you that. I don't condemn anyone who bought the vinyl but we need to be realistic, right now this items are the only way Team Britney could cash Britney's name because she is not working.  It's more important protest against James and Lou use Britney's money against her or in the Mercy Ministries cult than had a rare vinyl which is going to be more expensive later. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

3000 just for this vinyl add the rest studio albums vinyls, GHMP vinyl, BOMT, Oops, Britney, ITZ, Blackout Cassettes, Official Merch like T-Shirts, perfumes, etc. So, yeah there's good cash there :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I just said to wait until november when she's back in control of her money.... NOVEMBER, just weeks, IT IS NOT HARD.

I also, thanks to my career I know well how this works, that's why tell you that. I don't condemn anyone who bought the vinyl but we need to be realistic, right now this items are the only way Team Britney could cash Britney's name because she is not working.  It's more important protest against James and Lou use Britney's money against her or in the Mercy Ministries cult than had a rare vinyl which is going to be more expensive later. 

Everyone is a professional these days 👌

im glad you feel so strongly about this, but if it really is only until November, then buying this now at the end of September isn’t going to make much of a difference anyway. You know that it takes a while for distribution to pay out right? She might not even see the money from this until November anyway which would make it hers as it is... idk, I love the passion behind the #FreeBritney movement, and do want to see her living her best life. But me buying this 20$ vinyl is the least of the problems. It was planned a long time ago, so the release of her other vinyls this year didn’t dictate this release. I think a lot of you are lost on what Record Store Day is, and that’s ok! This is not tied to UO releases at all, but I’m not going to apologize for buying those either. 🤷‍♂️ Hate me, block me, whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

I’m not going to apologize for buying those either. 🤷‍♂️ Hate me, block me, whatever. 

Hun... THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU buying a vinyl, YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT... I'm not here to fight against each other because that doesn't help the movement, it's about Britney's freedom not who buys or who doesn't. It's okay, you bought the vinyl, enjoy it, it's a beautiful item. :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

4 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Hun... THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU buying a vinyl, YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT... I'm not here to fight against each other because that doesn't help the movement, it's about Britney's freedom not who buys or who doesn't. It's okay, you bought the vinyl, enjoy it, it's a beautiful item. :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

Well it’s funny how you think YOU are doing anything by ranting on exhale. Because YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT EITHER. 😂😂 you had to cap that didn’t u 🤣🤣🤣

like, bish, this whole post is about people being Made to be the villain for buying the vinyl. 😂 Where u been?

And I will enjoy it, thanks! and Britney will get her freedom anyway. It’s been a long time coming.

1 minute ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

Well it’s funny how you think YOU are doing anything by ranting on exhale. Because YOU ARE NOT IMPORTANT EITHER. 😂😂 you had to cap that didn’t u 🤣🤣🤣

oh I will enjoy it. Sorry you won’t, and Britney will get her freedom anyway. It’s been a long time coming.

Hun, I'll never talk about me and play the victim or even rant for buying or not a ******* vinyl. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: You felt attacked for buying the vinyl but that wasn't even the intention, at least my intention. And yeah, I had to, makes things more clear when you're acting like : "love me, hate me, say what you want about me"

And yeah the most important thing here is Britney gaining her freedom :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

1 minute ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Hun, I'll never talk about me and play the victim or even rant for buying or not a ******* vinyl. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: You felt attacked for buying the vinyl but that wasn't even the intention, at least my intention. And yeah, I had to, makes things more clear when you're acting like : "love me, hate me, say what you want about me"

And yeah the most important thing here is Britney gaining her freedom :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I didn’t say you were attacking me. Please refer to the title of the post. Geez. It’s not all about you 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

I'd never said that you felt attacked for me, but for buying the vinyl like most in the thread. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Now, did you understand why I used THAT caps?

Just, chill, hun. Like I said enjoy the vinyl.

Please, you chill as well, I’m wordy, it doesn’t mean I’m taking offense or feel attacked, but when I talk, I won’t be misunderstood. So you can take it as me being offended and feeling attacked 🤷‍♂️ That’s your prerogative. But stop calling me a “victim” or whatever you are trying to do, because I’m not playing at ****. I’m not a victim. Don’t claim to be. And won’t let you or anyone turn me into one. I simply said I bought this album. I have no regrets. And that people shouldn’t be making others feel like **** for doing so. You keep replying to me, so I keep talking. 👌Have a good day

7 hours ago, YoungOne said:

I don’t give a **** I’ll buy them all I’m a collector, what is a collector supposed to do huh? 

If you don’t want to buy/stream her stuff anymore go for it. But saying others to do the same is wrong.

plus vinyl sales revenues are just as insignificant as cd sales. 

The oops rsd helps many local music stores that have been suffering a lot because of covid,, so the oops remixes one Is a must for that.

Enjoy your vinyl at the expense of her human rights.

13 minutes ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

Please, you chill as well, I’m wordy, it doesn’t mean I’m taking offense or feel attacked, but when I talk, I won’t be misunderstood. So you can take it as me being offended and feeling attacked 🤷‍♂️ That’s your prerogative. But stop calling me a “victim” or whatever you are trying to do, because I’m not playing at ****. I’m not a victim. Don’t claim to be. And won’t let you or anyone turn me into one. I simply said I bought this album. I have no regrets. And that people shouldn’t be making others feel like **** for doing so. You keep replying to me, so I keep talking. 👌Have a good day

Believe me, my intention was never to tell you or make you feel like a victim. I'm not here to fight and I don't even attacked those who bought the vinyl but it's your interpretation and I think it's fine. I'm really sorry if I did something wrong, for real. I send you only good wishes.

6 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Looks like you also failed to acknowledge when Britney thanked us for making Glory number one on iTunes. How do you explain that? Right now you all keep tiptoeing around that. You’re a clown for even making this thread demonizing people for something as insignificant as buying a damn vinyl. Couldn’t be me getting so pressed about what others do with their money. The most miserable people really are the loudest :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Britney's social media thanked us which, lets be real, could have been Britney but could also have been anyone on her team. The same social media that told us she was having 'me time!', 'the emails are faked', 'i'm cancelIing my show for my sick dad', 'my dad loves nascar and monster energy!' etc. I did not stream Glory for the same reasons.

You cant say you support Free Britney, knowing she wants her dad out and is on strike, and then say 'oh but i'll buy a vinyl!'. Her team is making money from that, and get a green light to make more. 

check yourself first, sweetie. 

19 hours ago, Puppy said:

So are you guys gonna pretend you didn’t support her the past 12 years? She made it clear from the start even saying on FTR that she was not happy about this arrangement but ya’ll ignored that and continue to go to her shows and saying she’s in a better place because of the cship, now everyone is changing their tune and wants to be the next Ghandi. 

you guys buy stuff every day that supports shady businesses, tobacco companies own cereal brands so if you buy cereal, you are indirectly already supporting tobacco companies to continue producing cancer sticks without you even buying their product.

Britney’s images are own by Randee who is Lou’s client so even if ya’ll successfully stop vinyls, she’s still making them money even if she’s not doing it so if Randee licenses her image to magazines and perfumes, her team still gets a small cut. They own her trademark so they can slap her name on everything. If her music is not making money and she refuses to work? Look how The Zone came about. She refused to attend yet they were still making money. Ya’ll think she hasn’t thought of this? Look at how they are using her money to buy up properties. 

Ya’ll buy clothes and things made from China or other third world countries that have poor working conditions and even have unethical practices yet you guys have no regrets buying it from the store.

Like it makes you look heroic and honorable in front of everyone but does it really do anything? Because the media hasn’t picked up on it and it was the content producers of social media spreading Britney’s situation out to the world and making more people who haven’t known about this know now. 

not to mention depriving new fans from discovering her music and art as ever since the freebritney movement there has been people interested in her music and you’re gonna go “no you can’t listen or support her music because it supports evil people but Freebritney ya’lll!” :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

I never said I didn't buy anything since the C-ship came in; I bought albums, perfumes and went to shows. We would hear rumours and fans would question that something was up but we never had any definitive proof; Britney was still working, and court documents were sealed or incredible vague.

The difference is, for the past two years, we have dozens of documents that prove it was misused, the whistleblowers were never hit with cease and desists, her family have made a show of themselves publically by saying contradicting statements, and Britney according to court documents wants her family out of picture in regards to the c-ship.

Its hard fact now, we cant go back in time to 2008 and unspend all the money spent on 10 years of albums, and shows but you can stop spending knowing what's going on now, until november at the earliest.

3 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Believe me, my intention was never to tell you or make you feel like a victim. I'm not here to fight and I don't even atacked those who bought the vinyl but it's your interpretation and I think it's fine. I'm really sorry if I did something wrong, for real. I send you only good wishes.

Thank you for clarifying, I’m only referring again to your earlier comment that said you would “never talk about me and play the victim or even rant for buying or not a ******* vinyl.” Followed by you stating that I felt attacked. Just for extra clarification on my end, I didn’t think you were attacking me, that’s Just the vibe of this whole post though, right down to the title. I love Britney with all my heart, and I only want her to be happy. I think some people really go too far on here with their self righteous behavior. They cannot single handedly save Britney. Trust me, I would have tried over a decade ago if there was any chance at that. I’ve been on the forefront of the Britney Army since the beginning and constantly feel like Chris Crocker 2.0 for sticking up for her as much as I have through the year because the GP has such a negative distorted view of her. I will always be one of the first to get Britney ANYTHING, Because she really has changed my world and even though it’s material things, being around Britney things makes me happy. Especially with her not releasing anything for years. 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:25 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

We know too much to excuse it.oops.jpg.c8dffe65163255cd4392c04d92596a4e.jpg

TRUTH!! 5- 10 years ago some of us had nothing more than a gut feeling, a side eye or were merely speculating. Now that so much of our worst fears about the CONservatorship, Lou Taylor and the Spears’s have been confirmed WE KNOW  too much now to make any exemptions for continuing to support The Brand. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Side note- I don’t understand why this younger generation is so obsessed with vinyls anyway. I’m old enough to remember when it was just vinyl or cassette. It’s nothing new & in this case it’s not even “vintage vinyl”. How silly. Anyway.😑

Stand by Britney Spears the woman all the way now. Don’t half *** it. I couldn’t bring myself to fully boycott ‘The Brand’ but I’m damn sure doing that now because it’s the right thing to do!! I mean, Britney herself isn’t even contributing to her own damn brand anymore so why the **** should we?! Save your coins, kids! #FreeBritney #BoycottTheBritneyBrand 🚫

1 minute ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

Thank you for clarifying, I’m only referring again to your earlier comment that said you would “never talk about me and play the victim or even rant for buying or not a ******* vinyl.” Followed by you stating that I felt attacked. Just for extra clarification on my end, I didn’t think you were attacking me, that’s Just the vibe of this whole post though, right down to the title. I love Britney with all my heart, and I only want her to be happy. I think some people really go too far on here with their self righteous behavior. They cannot single handedly save Britney. Trust me, I would have tried over a decade ago if there was any chance at that. I’ve been on the forefront of the Britney Army since the beginning and constantly feel like Chris Crocker 2.0 for sticking up for her as much as I have through the year because the GP has such a negative distorted view of her. I will always be one of the first to get Britney ANYTHING, Because she really has changed my world and even though it’s material things, being around Britney things makes me happy. Especially with her not releasing anything for years. 

I said that because you said I ranted in Exhale about it, but it wasn't about you or others but me. Believe me my intentions it's not attack anybody... maybe James, Lou, JL and that ****ty persons but not people in the fandom, we should be united.

I personally into the boycott the brand, it's a way to protest but I think every person have their way to be active in the movement, I just wanted to encorauge the fandom from now to wait until november to buy another item, because I truly believes this is a way to cash her name, but like a I said, everyone have their way, I guess.

3 minutes ago, generation glory said:

Side note- I don’t understand why this younger generation is so obsessed with vinyls anyway. I’m old enough to remember when it was just vinyl or cassette. It’s nothing new & in this case it’s not even “vintage vinyl”. How silly. Anyway.😑

Well, It's collectors material and also, for audiophiles, analog audio like vinyls are the best way to listen to music. I am not defending anything just want to give an opinion about that.

I couldn’t even find it. It was sold out. It’s so pretty. I wanted it so bad. 

I bet most of the ppl shaming Stans for buying vinyl which BRITNEY and her team get a small sum from... probably went to Vegas numerous times. 

Anyways Britney goes to Hawaii like 10 times a year and has expensive cars which sit in her mansion with her... it’s not like she isn’t seeing any of the money. 

5 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Britney's social media thanked us which, lets be real, could have been Britney but could also have been anyone on her team. The same social media that told us she was having 'me time!', 'the emails are faked', 'i'm cancelIing my show for my sick dad', 'my dad loves nascar and monster energy!' etc. I did not stream Glory for the same reasons.

You cant say you support Free Britney, knowing she wants her dad out and is on strike, and then say 'oh but i'll buy a vinyl!'. Her team is making money from that, and get a green light to make more. 

check yourself first, sweetie. 

Britney’s social media thanked us? There is a literal post that you failed to acknowledge where Britney as she lives and breathes said about how happy she was that Glory went to number one. Hahaha the delusion and sheer blindness to call that her social media :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: you check yourself. I’m not your sweetie :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Archived