Buying The "Oops!" Vinyl is Wrong and Indefensible (Opinion)

ICouldntThinkOfOne

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect you and your opinion and I totally understand the circumstances surrounding the Britney products/merchandise and the money and where and who it goes to. But I will have to respectfully disagree. Pre-marital smex is also wrong (I am Roman Catholic) but I do it anyway. I'll fight the conservatorship through other means. That's all I will say about the matter. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

1 hour ago, ElenaB said:

So you didn't stream any Britney songs for the past two years? I mean, I get what you're saying and you're right, but it's no different from watching her MV or streaming her songs

Honestly? I've cut down on steaming her music unless I have bought it on CD before 2019 because I cannot support the brand knowing what's happening. It been hard, but I'm not actively searching out her music.

but defending the purchasing of the vinyl is something you cannot defend. it comes three weeks after she made a statement saying she's not working until her dad is gone; her dad isn't gone.

its an album out 20 years! there's nothing new to it. Why support it?

52 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

When Britney herself tells me to stop I’ll stop. Until then I’d appreciate not being shamed for buying music from my favorite artist that makes me happy 

She's being forced to work,  threatened,  abused,  forced to take medications,  having no rights to her body or any freedom and YOU don't want to be shamed for feeding the system that has done this to her? 

I agree with OP, it's not justifiable.  She's stopped working she doesn't need to say stop putting money into my team's pockets so they desire to hold onto her for the rest of her life. 

It's the money that they want and you're giving it to them. No matter how small you think your purchase is. It all adds up.  It's been adding up.  They want to drain her entire life for it. Think about it next time you don't want to feel guilty. It's not about shaming you,  it's about realizing what consuming her products are doing to her. What a nightmare that must be to Britney... never being able to have a life because she's sold as a product,  a cash cow. Don't be selfish. We love Britney  but giving back to her means standing up for her in every way possible to stop the abuse. And we all own her music,  we don't need to buy more rehashed stuff, come on. 

1 minute ago, Justney said:

She's being forced to work,  threatened,  abused,  forced to take medications,  having no rights to her body or any freedom and YOU don't want to be shamed for feeding the system that has done this to her? 

I agree with OP, it's not justifiable.  She's stopped working she doesn't need to say stop putting money into my team's pockets so they desire to hold onto her for the rest of her life. 

It's the money that they want and you're giving it to them. No matter how small you think your purchase is. It all adds up.  It's been adding up.  They want to drain her entire life for it. Think about it next time you don't want to feel guilty. It's not about shaming you,  it's about realizing what consuming get products are doing to her. What a nightmare that must be to Britney... never being able to have a life because she's sold as a product,  a cash cow.

When. She. Tells. Me. To. Stop. I’ll. Stop. :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

When. She. Tells. Me. To. Stop. I’ll. Stop. :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

She can’t drive her car without permission, she can’t spend her money freely, she can’t even take her own personal medical decisions, how do you expect her to say “please don’t buy anything with my name on it because my abusive conservator and company steal that money from me”? Lol.

It’s so selfish to keep supporting the brand now that we know what’s happening and after having confirmation that she refuses to work and keep making money for that people.

2 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

She can’t drive her car without permission, she can’t spend her money freely, she even can’t take her own personal medical decisions, how do you expect her to say “please don’t buy anything with my name on it because my abusive conservator and company steal that money from me”? Lol.

It’s so selfish to keep supporting the brand now that we know what’s happening and after having confirmation that she refuses to work and keep making money for that people.

No one 100% knows what is going on with her but herself. She’s refusing to work and that’s 100% okay. This album was already recorded and she didn’t work to put this out. Me buying a vinyl is not going to imprison her for life. Get a grip 

1. Vinyls such as the one for Record Store Day are to support the small record shops and they order it from the supplier and they pay the supplier. Even if people boycotted this release, team Britney would have gotten paid already and we would only hurt small businesses that have nothing to do with this.

2. The Urban Outfiter vinyls state they are all an UO exclusive. This means they bought rights to exclusive publish them. They already paid team B, not buying the vinyls wouldn't hurt team B but only UO since they already paid them.

This would not be the case if the seller was Britney's online shop but it isn't. Again, boycotting the vinyls is boycotting stores that don't have anything to do with FreeBritney.

3. You are being very rude to claim others are doing something and indefensable. You're not the one to tell others what they can and can't do.

4. We ALL want Britney to be happy, you honestly think she cares about these vinyls where she literally has  had zero work done for? She said she doesn't want to work which means recording new music. She couldn't care about old stuff getting re-released. Not when new fragrances are being release every now and then. Boycotting the fragrances would be a smarter move since they are being produced in large amounts while the vinyls are literally limited editions and not mass produced unlike the fragrances.

5. I don't believe a single word when you say you haven't streamed any song or video. We all have and we all do and it is fine. Supporting her doesn't mean we have to turn our backs to what made us support her in the first place: her music.

So for the love of god, stop with putting people to shame. It's uncalled and not needed. Put your energy in stuff that matters.

Britney’s money also supports Britney as she needs to pay her lawyers too. Yes she has to pay everyone else as well. Where do you think the money comes from that she has to pay all those people with? Everyone is all worried about why her net worth is so low but let’s boycott all the things that would potentially replenish the money she’s having to spend in order to fight for her freedom. Her users can live off the interest of her brand forever, they don’t need more money coming in. 

Her finances are finally under the microscope and potentially going into better hands (Bessemer Trust).  I think it’s fine to buy/stream her stuff as there is a much higher likelihood that the proceeds will finally be going to her and supporting her & her kids future.

lets not shame people, especially when I’m sure you’ve listened to her music over the past two years.

If you want to hurt her teams wallet, and want to listen to her music without streaming and having it count as money. Download it from Spotify or whatever you stream it. Once you download it for free if you pay for your music to be in high quality sound. They're not making any money, cos you basically ripped it from their server. 

I thought everybody understood the technology and ways of streaming. 

Archived