Katy Perry's "Bon Appétit" Has Finally Reached 1 Billion Views On YouTube

ALBAVEASP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdivkk-Mrju4-TSeTQ1S1

(one minute read)

Released on April 28, 2017 as Witness' second promotional single, Bon Appétit has yet demonstrated the commercial downfall of Katy Perry. The darker take to her summer hit California Gurls peaked at #59 on Billboard Hot 100, and entered the Top 10 of official single charts in two countries. The track has been certified GOLD as of 2017, and sold over 6 million adjusted figures worldwide.

Perry garnered negative receptions from the public and critics upon the single's release. Noting the appearance of the hip-hop/rap group, Migos, that made homophobic remarks that year, and the misconceptions to her purposeful-pop agenda following the politically engaged lead single, Chained To The Rhythm.

Despite the plummeted performance of Bon Appétit on charts, it saw a successful run on YouTube with almost one million daily views, accompanied by it's clever, seductive and fetish-y music video, where the cannibalistic concept and Perry's controversial pixy haircut appeared. The track also benefited from the eyewashing Pizzagate conspiracy theory, in which the similar video of Justin Bieber's Yummy shows the large numbers.

With this new milestone, Perry remained one of the notable artists to have multiple music videos with 1 billion views on YouTube. And soon the first female act with 7 filmographies to do so. 

Congratulations, Katy Perry!

katy-bon.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

i like this song but as i have already said in a previous treah i don't believe in streaming numbers, to me are just smoke and mirrors :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

I just read that Little Mix thread, and boy how disrespectful. You can say and tell how much you hated the new way music industry is living in right now, but what shall we do? Even these music artists learned how to cope and adapt with this streaming era, so you should be too.

Stop slamming how the new projects failed to reach the commercial success bc at the end of the day, you're still using streaming services. The hypocrisy :checkit_sipping_drinking_spill_tea:

• Love 1

How the **** does a song get 1 billion video views, yet not even make the top 50?! :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

I don’t even bother following the charts anymore. The new formula for working them out is so rigged and ridiculously complicated. I like what I like and don’t care where it charts. They literally mean nothing anymore.

Congrats though to Katy! I actually really like the song. I never got the hate (nor the hate for Witness in general tbh. It was basically Prism 2.0). Max Martin is a genius. I always wondered what a Britney version would sound like.

• Love 3
  • Like 4

It still doesn't make the song successful. There is a huge difference between 1 billion views, and 1 million single sales :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Katy Perry has one of the best videos, thats why it has a billion views, and the song itself was only a Viral hit (huge retrospect to a Big hit)

Statistics aside, i remember 11-year old me watching and the video and instantly going ":umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:" and after the video ended was like ":watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:". It really was controversial and even tho Bon Appetit didn't deserve single treatment, it was a good video :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block