Katy Perry's "Bon Appétit" Has Finally Reached 1 Billion Views On YouTube

ALBAVEASP

30 minutes ago, corpsetranger said:

Now I'm not saying she bought all of them views but I don't believe for a second Flop Appétit got to 1 billion organically :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

There are MANY flop songs that have a billion views but having a billion views does not make it a hit

People are watching the video, and if people liked the song, they stream or buy the single.

If 1 billion people saw the Bon Appetit MV, and only 1.050.000 people liked it and bought it, that makes the song a harder flop

Because only 10% of people who saw the video, bought the single

and i fu r still wondering, Bon appetit has sold only 1.050.000 being her lowest selling lead single

Im not saying Katy used bots because she is already a youtube force, but like said earlier:

1 billion views =/= hit

24 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

There are MANY flop songs that have a billion views but having a billion views does not make it a hit

People are watching the video, and if people liked the song, they stream or buy the single.

If 1 billion people saw the Bon Appetit MV, and only 1.050.000 people liked it and bought it, that makes the song a harder flop

Because only 10% of people who saw the video, bought the single

and i fu r still wondering, Bon appetit has sold only 1.050.000 being her lowest selling lead single

Im not saying Katy used bots because she is already a youtube force, but like said earlier:

1 billion views =/= hit

well Bon Appétit wasn't the lead single tho Chained to the rhythm was and by 2017 digital sales were dying so of course it didn't sell that much, still 6 million units for a "flop" single is still really great

39 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

YouTube views actually count as streams. I remember Britney Spears' 3 reappearing on the charts after a video on her wardrobe malfunction while performing 3 surfaced on YouTube. YouTube has an audio recognition system that allows for songs, even if unofficially uploaded by fans, to count towards the charts.

Bon Appétit was definitely a huge hit on YouTube/VEVO (just like Britney Spears and Iggy Azealia's Pretty Girls). I mean, if a new indie act pulled such views, their song wouldn't be viewed as a flop. I get your points, Bon Appétit failed to truly impact the charts, but I would not call it an all-around flop.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, bliss said:

well Bon Appétit wasn't the lead single tho Chained to the rhythm was and by 2017 digital sales were dying so of course it didn't sell that much, still 6 million units for a "flop" single is still really great

The single has sold 1.050.000 million, not 6 million :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

11 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

YouTube views actually count as streams. I remember Britney Spears' 3 reappearing on the charts after a video on her wardrobe malfunction while performing 3 surfaced on YouTube. YouTube has an audio recognition system that allows for songs, even if unofficially uploaded by fans, to count towards the charts.

Bon Appétit was definitely a huge hit on YouTube/VEVO (just like Britney Spears and Iggy Azealia's Pretty Girls). I mean, if a new indie act pulled such views, their song wouldn't be viewed as a flop. I get your points, Bon Appétit failed to truly impact the charts, but I would not call it an all-around flop.

It was just a VIRAL hit, not big hit. It was viral only because it was katy and marked her decline

• Like 1
5 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

it's a big flop is you use bot to increase your view. :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

Sure... . She keeps using bots on Bon Appetit but not on Daisies, Harleys, Smile ... who are fighting for 30M.... Sure

The song was just a late hit. It didn't work on the charts due to lack of patience but then it worked very well.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Okay I'm gonna come right out and say it: bots. It's obvious that Capitol resorted to using underhanded tactics to boost the video's views. And I know some of her fans will be like "why would Capitol spend money on a flop single from 3 years ago???"; well it's obvious that they wanted the video to surpass the billion views mark since it was her most viewed video that hadn't yet reached a billion views before today, and they wanted to add another "accomplishment" to Katy's front-loaded career stats.

It's the same **** they pulled years ago when they discounted Hot n Cold on iTunes for months just so that it would cross the 5 million units sold mark. :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Okay I'm gonna come right out and say it: bots. It's obvious that Capitol resorted to using underhanded tactics to boost the video's views. And I know some of her fans will be like "why would Capitol spend money on a flop single from 3 years ago???"; well it's obvious that they wanted the video to surpass the billion views mark since it was her most viewed video that hadn't yet reached a billion views before today, and they wanted to add another "accomplishment" to Katy's front-loaded career stats.

It's the same **** they pulled years ago when they discounted Hot n Cold on iTunes for months just so that it would cross the 5 million units sold mark. :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Bon appetit was already the most viewed female video in 2017, lol they wouldnt buy bots, we arent talking of tekashi here lmbo

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Stefani said:

If you'll read my article thoroughly, I've mentioned that Bon Appétit benefited from the Pizzagate conspiracy theory just like Justin Bieber's Yucky. :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

Plus, Katy has a consistent streams on YouTube though her channel wasn't into biggest-debut-in-24-hours-thing, that was evident on how Roar still managed to get more than 1 million daily views some times. :checkit_sipping_drinking_spill_tea:

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

The single has sold 1.050.000 million, not 6 million :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

It was just a VIRAL hit, not big hit. It was viral only because it was katy and marked her decline

First of all, I did my research before I posted this thread so I won't be roasted with all of the "facts" that I included.

It sold 6 million adjusted units as of 2020, accept it or be forever bitter about it.

3 minutes ago, Albert Aspera said:

First of all, I did my research before I posted this thread so I won't be roasted with all of the "facts" that I included.

It sold 6 million adjusted units as of 2020, accept it or be forever bitter about it.

Okay, i didnt mean to offend yr ethic sorry but i already said this post and confirmed that u were right:

6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nvm, i found out it was only US sales :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Anyways, 6 million for a video viewed by billions is still low

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay, i didnt mean to offend yr ethic sorry but i already said this post and confirmed that u were right:

My apology, i haven't read that post of yours. 

Btw, I agreed that Bon Appétit isn't a big hit but a viral hit. Without the music video it would've ended up like Hey Hey Hey.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block