Are you religious?

Slayer

I have a one-on-one relationship with the Christian God; being "religious" is an institution, and while I am a member of a church, I do not identify with all churches.  "Religion" has been used to steer society, SO MANY different religions are responsible for this.  So, yes I am RELIGIOUS but I do not put too much power in the institution of RELIGION because it teaches that WE are the church; that does NOT MEAN that WE ARE GOD.  We have a direct source to God through his teachings and an institution is not required for that faith.  

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, bryceecyrb said:

Haaaaail no. I never really believed in Santa and the Easter Bunny and kind of grouped god in with that as well. Spirituality/Religion is very low priority to me. I prefer to focus on the more tangible aspects of existence. Though I’m pretty open minded; I was in my friend’s bible study group for a bit where we analyzed scripture. I was their token atheist.

Santa and the Easter Bunny obviously don't come from God... :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: ...so the problem is with whomever made that up, not with the Bible.
And I love Bible study groups! That's the place to ask ALL the questions. And being there as an "atheist" is good for the group too, you keep them on their toes ;)

22 hours ago, Slayer said:

Apart from believing in Godney, are you religious?

12244_Untitled-7.gifre.jpg.3b3e0842f330e7f46f977cfb7db41a3b.jpg

I am. Very catholic. I lived 4 years in a convent. Well, I take part to the virtual Holy Mass everyday and I pray the Holy Rosary each day at 9:00 p.m. in Facebook Live.

I love Jesus & Mary, the Church and my faith.

You can join us here: www.facebook.com/dussiniers , we're also praying for Britney and the movement (we pray in Spanish).

Baby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 1

I believe this is a sensitive topic and I have to tread carefully but yes, I am religious. I am seeing things with new eyes now since I started Bible study and a relationship with God and Jesus Christ because I HONESTLY wanted to. I pray daily and wish to do good every day. I also read the Bible and try to focus on certain verses for the rest of the day that give me hope and keep me thinking. I also try to curb all my unholy desires and flaws. I've accepted that I will not always do it 100% perfectly but with trying most of the time, that is enough to please God. He knows my (our) limits. It's tru, I do get frustrated at times, I cry,  I self pity (a flaw) but I get back up with the help of God, and the reward is happiness, but it's a happiness for me I had never experienced before. I can't explain it. You have to experience it personally. 

At the end of the day, all I wish to do is keep God as my first priority. I'm still working on it since it's just recent, just the beginning. I believe He had chosen me. That's why I consider myself religious. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Peanut said:

I believe this is a sensitive topic and I have to tread carefully but yes, I am religious. I am seeing things with new eyes now since I started Bible study and a relationship with God and Jesus Christ because I HONESTLY wanted to. I pray daily and wish to do good every day. I also read the Bible and try to focus on certain verses for the rest of the day that give me hope and keep me thinking. I also try to curb all my unholy desires and flaws. I've accepted that I will not always do it 100% perfectly but with trying most of the time, that is enough to please God. He knows my (our) limits. It's tru, I do get frustrated at times, I cry,  I self pity (a flaw) but I get back up with the help of God, and the reward is happiness, but it's a happiness for me I had never experienced before. I can't explain it. You have to experience it personally. 

At the end of the day, all I wish to do is keep God as my first priority. I'm still working on it since it's just recent, just the beginning. I believe He had chosen me. That's why I consider myself religious. 

That was actually very beautifully said. A lot of people who do believe are often scared or ashamed to talk about their faith or life journey these days, and I love how raw and honest you were about the struggles with keeping with your goals in your life to do better and how no one's perfect and he knows our limits and flaws. Just like with most goals in life, the important thing is to stick to it and keep trying, even when you feel like giving up. There are often overly-religious people or cultural stigmas that make some people not feel good enough or not "holy" enough. But I don't agree with that because sometimes that does the opposite and pushes people away from the faith. Everyone needs to go at their own pace and find God through their own struggles. :) 

• Love 1

I'm not religious, but I do believe in God and go to church once in a while.  I don't really believe in the man-made things, but I believe in working on your personal relationship with God and living a disciplined life as much as we can.  I love to talk to people about my faith (only if they want to listen) and I love hearing about other people's beliefs and religions too, even if I don't always agree or believe in them. It gives perspective and open mind. But as mentioned above, I would say I also struggle with sticking to my beliefs a lot, but that only makes me stronger and more positive. It's just very difficult in the society we're in.

I also believe we should love everyone, including your haters and those you have opposing views with (which ironically, often triggers the haters ever more since they would prefer a reaction LOL). But it keeps me humble and unbothered and hopefully inspires others. <3

• 4 weeks later...

I was born and raised in a Muslim family but I've never felt like I'm truly into it. Worshipping has always sounded very laborious to me right from the beginning. For example fasting has seemed unnecessary to me. At the end of the day, a lot of food is eaten again in this prayer to understand the poor people. Leaving myself hungry was absurd. Rather than starving to understand hungry and poor people, they can be helped. There is also such a worship as "the festival of sacrifice". But this also sounds very brutal to me. Anyways, I questioned my beliefs when I was 14. At that time I was believing in god but not house of worships. Then I decided to read Quran, after that there were tons of things disturbed me in verses, then  I read Bible. There were things in Bible that didn't make sense to me too. Now I do not believe in any spiritual thing. I can tell that I'm atheist. I don't want to look like I'm tarnishing religion and I don't want to misconstrued by religious people. Now I believe in my conscience. I don't think it is necessary to follow a religion and worship to be a good person. Science is my medicine. By the way, I don't mean that someone who is devoted to science cannot be a believer. There are only some issues where religion and science conflict. 

I’m spiritual. It doesn’t make sense to be religious, particularly when there are several notable contradictions. Tenants claim that humans are imperfect and through self-discovery of their divinity will they overcome their human limitations. By that definition, religion is man made and as humans are imperfect, no religion is infalliable then. So I believe in an universal truth, where every human can contribute to it to derive a unified belief system. You can pull from different religions essentially to apply it to your life holistically - so an universal truth. All religions essentially believe in some kind of heaven or “paradise” as your end goal. Evil and good exists obviously because we have free will with the exception of divine intervention that propels us into our destined paths, but ultimately the purpose so we cultivate the “light” or “good” in our lives. It doesn’t make sense there is a heaven or hell, because ultimately I believe we are meant to experience our own personal power and divinity on Earth. To live a peaceful and purposeful life. The journey towards that involves finding that balance in our own duality, between good and evil (yin or yang whatever you want to call it) or divine masculine (v) or feminine (^). Basically we’re all diamonds in the rough. 😉💎

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block