Are you religious?

Slayer

• Content Curators

yes im a proud hindu, many modern day spiritual things came from it, such as yoga, meditation, karma, third eye, etc

I am proud of it too

Hinduism has this stigma that there are many gods but its not true, its more about one divine being but many forms, i also like how in hinduism there is such a big emphasis on the feminine divine being and how man and woman are equal,

of course there are now cultural things in india that dont represent the true hindu religion, but most of those were implemented by the british when they tried to colonize india so :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

Yes, I am very religious, but in a more occultic sense. I'm into Eastern mysticism (Nichiren Buddhism, Hinduism, the Chinese folk religion), Paganism (various deities), occult studies, the Left Hand Path, Thelema, etc. Just look into E.A. Koetting, Orlee Stewart, and you'll have an idea. I study a lot and have a steady practice.

13 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Hinduism has this stigma that there are many gods but its not true, its more about one divine being but many forms

It's true and it's not true at the same time.

"Hinduism incorporates diverse views on the concept of God. Different traditions of Hinduism have different theistic views, and these views have been described by scholars as polytheismmonotheismhenotheismpanentheismpantheismmonismagnostichumanismatheism or Nontheism."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_views_on_monotheism

Julius J. Lipner, Hindus: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices, 2nd Edition, Routledge, ISBN 978-0-415-45677-7, page 8; Quote: "(...) one need not be religious in the minimal sense described to be accepted as a Hindu by Hindus, or describe oneself perfectly validly as Hindu. One may be polytheistic or monotheistic, monistic or pantheistic, even an agnostic, humanist or atheist, and still be considered a Hindu."

It depends on one's school of Hinduism. Some Hindus are monotheistic and believe in one God while others are polytheistic and believe in many Gods, and so on.

That stigma should not even be in the first place; there is nothing wrong w/ believing in more than one God, even many Gods and serving them, having a relationship w/ them, etc. In Pagan religions, you'll find Diana, Astarte, Pan, Cernunnos, Hecate, Artemis, Horus, Anubis, Gaia and so forth.

Those who cause that stigma should agree to disagree w/ polytheists instead of shaming them.

• Content Curators
51 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

It's true and it's not true at the same time.

"Hinduism incorporates diverse views on the concept of God. Different traditions of Hinduism have different theistic views, and these views have been described by scholars as polytheismmonotheismhenotheismpanentheismpantheismmonismagnostichumanismatheism or Nontheism."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_views_on_monotheism

Julius J. Lipner, Hindus: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices, 2nd Edition, Routledge, ISBN 978-0-415-45677-7, page 8; Quote: "(...) one need not be religious in the minimal sense described to be accepted as a Hindu by Hindus, or describe oneself perfectly validly as Hindu. One may be polytheistic or monotheistic, monistic or pantheistic, even an agnostic, humanist or atheist, and still be considered a Hindu."

It depends on one's school of Hinduism. Some Hindus are monotheistic and believe in one God while others are polytheistic and believe in many Gods, and so on.

That stigma should not even be in the first place; there is nothing wrong w/ believing in more than one God, even many Gods and serving them, having a relationship w/ them, etc. In Pagan religions, you'll find Diana, Astarte, Pan, Cernunnos, Hecate, Artemis, Horus, Anubis, Gaia and so forth.

Those who cause that stigma should agree to disagree w/ polytheists instead of shaming them.

while yes i do agree with you that there are different sects of hinduism that believe in different things, (some dont even believe in idol worship) if you look back at the oldest traditional vedas (holy text) that are now considered to be some of the oldest religious text, it talks about this idea of one divine presence and many forms, of course its more complicated and scholars debate it but thats the stance i believe in

• Like 1

Oh God. What a question. Pardon the pun. 

Hardcore religion stole 25 of my 32 years from me, cost me my family because of my sexuality, robbed me of my childhood, deprived me of normal developmental years....so NO, I am not religious. I just cut ties with my entire family within the last three months, which has been the hardest thing in my life. I came out, and they couldn't handle it. 

I am VERY spiritual, and do believe in energy and karma. But the whole Jesus thing? Over it. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Haha 1

Religion has nothing to do with God. The Devil founded it to separate the people which perfectly work. I believe in God and Jesus. And want to have more time to read the bible. In my country, most people are irreligious. When you say you believe in God, they think you are mentally ill. You could say you believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. We have some areas like Bavaria where a lo of Catholics live and they follow their value. But this is just a handful of people. And we have a lot of Muslims. But they are very strict and just let their own values apply. But I´m happy that at least someone believes in God. Because for me, I don´t care how you call him, Allah, or something else. As long as you know he exists.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block