Miley Cyrus says she is no longer vegan: "I've had to introduce fish and omegas into my life because my brain wasn’t functioning properly"

• Leader

Miley Cyrus says she's no longer vegan because she feels there were important nutrients missing in her diet that caused her brain to stop functioning at its best.

I'm always trying to learn more about nutrition and fitness, so this is super interesting to me. I tried being vegetarian for a minute but after a week I gave up because I also didn't feel as good as eating a diet with meat and fish. Not saying it can't be done, but for me and the way I was doing it - it wasn't working.

Exhale, thoughts? PS I love animals so please don't drag me :zoomzoom:

Full interview:

Related:

miley-vegan.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Miley Cyrus says she's no longer vegan because she feels there were important nutrients missing in her diet that caused her brain to stop functioning at its best.

I'm always trying to learn more about nutrition and fitness, so this is super interesting to me. I tried being vegetarian for a minute but after a week I gave up because I also didn't feel as good as eating a diet with meat and fish. Not saying it can't be done, but for me and the way I was doing it - it wasn't working.

Exhale, thoughts? PS I love animals so please don't drag me :zoomzoom:

Full interview:

Related:

miley-vegan.jpg

She has now surpassed every popstar. She has now been on the most viewed show on Earth. And to be interviewed in a non-structured setting is amazing and refreshing. This made me like her so much more. She can handle a normal conversation with a normal person and not have it all staged. AMAZING!

I saw it coming and I don’t blame her. I hate it when I see vegans talking about how easy it is to get enough nutrients on a vegan diet. Yes, it can be done. No, it’s not easy at all. A lot of extra work needs to be done to prevent deficiencies. Not all of us have time or resources for that. Long chained omega fatty acids are just different to DHA from fish and sea food. I am a vegetarian and I don’t eat fish neither. But it is what it is. Veganism may sound like a perfect solution for a lot of issues. But in practice, it’s actually quite a hassle for most people to make sure they get all the essential nutrients from plant based sources. Unfortunately, it’s true that fishing is bad for the environment but no one should be blamed for wanting to take care of their brain health. I struggle to get enough iron and omega 3 on a vegetarian diet, I can’t imagine how hard it is for vegans. Plus you don’t know how it’s going to affect you when you get older or what effects it may have after several generations on a vegan diet. There’s not enough evidence to suggest that human can sustain their health in a long term on a plant based diet. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Well it makes sense since lots of nutrients are in meat and seafood

Actually it doesn't make sense, because animals consume their vitamins from plants and you're consuming those nutrients with saturated fat which leads to strokes and heart attacks and many other problems...... I've been vegan for nearly 10 years and if you do it right everything's gonna be fine ....

3 hours ago, nwonder said:

As a vegan of 5 years, I personally haven’t encountered any problems or felt that I was lacking any nutrients.

In fact, its been the opposite for me as my skin, hair and fitness/ energy levels have all improved. I was also able to find an amazing vegan substitute for omega3. It’s amazing that we live in a time where we have so many plant alternatives. 

However, it really is different for everyone and what works for some people doesn’t work for others. I accidentally ate meat a few months ago on holiday without realising and I was sick for two days after.  I know a few people who have struggled on a vegan diet and have had to switch back to meat.

Good for her for making the right choice for her health.

It really isn't for everyone.

I'm no nutritionist or anything, and as far as I know there aren't many studies about it, but one of the theories I've read is that it may depend on the blood type the kind of diet we should have.

It is a fact that in different parts of the world, humans did evolve to assimilate animal products like milk or eggs, besides meat, but that wasn't the case all around the world. Each population had to adapt to the resources they had in hand, so maybe people that lived in tropical places had more access to fruits and adapted to it, while people leaving near the poles or in drier lands, they had to find other ways of surviving, and thus their bodies adapted. It also depended on the kind and amount of activity they had.

We now live in a very different condition, and we have access to more kinds of food, but that doesn't mean everything is for everyone.

1 minute ago, ExXL said:

Actually it doesn't make sense, because animals consume their vitamins from plants and you're consuming those nutrients with saturated fat which leads to strokes and heart attacks and many other problems...... I've been vegan for nearly 10 years and if you do it right everything's gonna be fine ....

But you do understand that it's proven that you would need 5x more vegan foods to make up for the vitamins your lacking from meat products right? So it does make sense, you get the most nutrients from meat and seafood, this isn't debatable, it's fact. You can be vegan, but you will need to eat way more to get the same amount of nutrients. Which is fine, depending on the body type, everyone is different.

Lol , Miley has been always seeking attention and honestly I'm really disappointed in her for neglecting her ethics like that , people live on vegan diets their entire lives , she doesn't seem to be a stable person .... Anyways good luck to her  , but I'm done with her bullshSassy Beyonce GIF

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

But you do understand that it's proven that you would need 5x more vegan foods to make up for the vitamins your lacking from meat products right? So it does make sense, you get the most nutrients from meat and seafood, this isn't debatable, it's fact. You can be vegan, but you will need to eat way more to get the same amount of nutrients. Which is fine, depending on the body type, everyone is different.

What you are claiming has nothing to do with facts tho , most nutrients do not come from meat , that is total bull$h!tt ! , Meat is rich in protein , that's true , the rest you get from it is tons of cholesterol .... And 5x more ? Hmm I don't see how eating broccoli or a cup of lentils could be hard while eating a big piece of dead animal which will be much harder to digest is a big deal ..... The amount of misinformation people spread about veganism is exactly the reason I comment about such topics , people need to base their facts on experience and research or at least read a little more smh , wow ! 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block