Should singers stop endorsing a political side?

Meh. Their choice. It’s the work that matters to me. Plus technically artists should reflect their times in one way or another, and if done right , politics is a great inspiration. Everybody has the right to free speech just not everybody wants to deal with the responsibilities that come with it and I do believe people in the spotlight know that better than most

9 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Celebrities should be free to express whatever political views they have. They are human beings just like us. We need to stop treating them as objects for our entertainment and let them live as humans, which includes letting them express their views if they want to.

It's funny, it seems it's always those with conservative views who want celebrities to stop talking politics and to "stay in their lane." It makes sense given their history of oppressing anyone different than themselves. :chrissy:

I think celebrities don't need people like us to be treated like objects or cash cows. The entertainement industry has been doing that for a long time. It's part of hollywood's culture. The system is corrupt. I mean just look at how they treated Britney. Once you start to become profitable you become a brand and your image no longer belongs to you. 

They are 'free', but at the end of the day, is it really beneficial for them? it comes across as opportunistic, as if they were promotional tools/mascots for for a political ideology, it looks like they are getting paid to influence people, most of the time it doesn't seem sincere to me. 

The risk of supporting a political candidate is that if the candidate ends up doing something bad, which happens very often, it creates collateral damage and some people have tarnished their career because they supported Bush, Clinton, Trump etc. I just think politics and entertainment do not go well together, supporting people like Joe Biden does more harm than good. That man is sketchy as hell. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NotLouTaylor said:

tenor.gif

UnsteadyUnrealisticBuzzard-max-1mb.gifInferiorThickCarp-size_restricted.gif

Dtl0BPNXcAgHfbj.jpg

main-qimg-f2d3db339ebb6ca6e50eb96544d9d2792de58e-5563-11e9-b872-7488e2315159.jpg

3A1Z.gifaadrumpfbiden.gif

And this is only what he does on live tv.  Imagine off camera what goes on in these circles. People need to wake up to what the Democratic Party endorses.  They are subverting the American people. This is what Trump is fighting against.  The Billy Bush tape was used to pull the wool over your eyes, and repeated over and over again until it’s all anyone would say in response to real concerns and proof of corruption on the other side.  It’s psychological programming. They use strategically timed laughter on John Oliver and Bill Maher to make you subconsciously accept their narratives as fact.  The Democrats are wolves in sheep’s clothing.  If you still can vote for Biden after seeing this because you don’t like Trump’s personality, than YOU are the actual monster. Trump is the hero of this movie and the media are part of the sick Hollywood system that manipulates the masses through the news while covering for Epstein Weinstein and the Clintons... well, until Trump came into office and they were all taken down.  #draintheswamp

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bas che said:

I think they should focus on what they’re good at; creating art.

Oftentimes art IS political.  What are you talking about?

Celebrities have every right to express their political beliefs however they want, and like the rest of us,  that does not free them from any resulting criticism. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Oftentimes art IS political.  What are you talking about?

Celebrities have every right to express their political beliefs however they want, and like the rest of us,  that does not free them from any resulting criticism. 

It’s fine in small doses. However,  when I browse YouTube and find MVs I’m expecting entertainment, not a PSA about which party should I be voting for. For that we have other media channels. Better not get things mixed up. 

• Love 1

Im sorry, but why are we trying to censor the views of celebrities? 

We NEED celebs speaking out. While I am disappointed when celebs endorse someone I don't care for, It lets me know who they truly are. I love Cardi as a rapper, but I almost love her more as a political interviewer. I loved watching her grill Biden on M4A. Pretty much everyone who has supported Bernie(Ariana, Lizzo, Susan Sarandon) has a special place in my heart. A lot of music, rap and rock especially have political roots.
Sarcastic Bernie Sanders GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JustLuvMe07 said:

They can post things about it but please don't make songs about it. These songs doesn't last long when the topic is dead.

Id love to hear an example of a song that you think is based on a dead topic. just one.. ill wait :D
I can guarantee there is none. Songs about income inequality, police brutality, wars have only gain relevancy throughout the years..

They should be able to choose if they want to make it public or not. Nowadays people try to force singers to express an opinion on every matter, and god forbid their opinion is unpopular, lol.

I think what's important here is: People need to learn some critical thinking, and stop wating for someone else to tell them how to think. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, JSDSandiego said:

Id love to hear an example of a song that you think is based on a dead topic. just one.. ill wait :D
I can guarantee there is none. Songs about income inequality, police brutality, wars have only gain relevancy throughout the years..

I bet that You Need To Calm Down or Miss Americana from Taylor will be over in a few years.

YNTCD because we are accepting LGBTQ+ rights and Miss Americana because there hopefully won't be a president like Trump again.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block