Should singers stop endorsing a political side?

4 hours ago, Silhouette said:

No, they shouldn't. We live in a time in which it's impossible to be apolitical, you cannot be oblivious and ignore everything that's going on, so I belive it's really important that artists, who have a greater platform, voice their opinions and help highlight issues that need everyone's attention.

You guys are so...normal. Ew. The funniest part of the “2020 worst year ever” thing is that if everyone would just unplug from social media, they wouldn’t even know about 95% of what happens.   For 99.9% of human history, people lived in small communities and the people within those communities are the only people they ever knew. YOU WEREN’T MEANT TO KNOW AND STRESS OUT ABOUT EVERY SINGLE ISSUE ON THE PLANET. But because everyone is special now and everyone just has to have their opinion heard, everybody has to be online and plugged into the matrix 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

The human brain hasn’t changed all that much in the last thousand years. Just because you have a phone now doesn’t mean you still don’t have that same caveman brain.

So what happens is you go online and surround yourself with negative energy and eventually your brain starts to think these things are actually affecting you because subconsciously it can’t tell the difference between reality and social media.

This is actually the exact reason why movies and tv shows are such an effective form of brainwashing. Your conscious mind realizes it’s just entertainment, but your subconscious mind can’t tell the difference.

• Love 1

Art and politics have always been intertwined. Stop trying to separate the two. It's delusional and ignorant.:tina:

Also,imagine telling people not to voice their opinion because of their occupation.:clown:
No matter how out of touch or pathetic a celebrity is,their opinions are theirs and they should be allowed to express them,even if I disagree with their political views(and I often do)

Rick Gervais said it best

"So if you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a political platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and **** off. OK?"

• Love 3
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

"So if you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a political platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your God and **** off. OK?"

Didn't Meryl Streep later went on to give political speech? That was just stupid. 

• Like 1

No. They can do the f. They want. They have the right to speak out their minds too. We can't expect to have freedom of speech and then expect known celebs not to out their voice. 

When celebs do not speak out about certain events such as black people getting shot by the cops, they ate being called racists for not speaking out but if they do they also out a political side. Every movement is politcal matter as it urges the politics to act and react. So whenever a celeb speaks out about such events, they already chose a political side. 

So they either can be quiet entirely and thus also keeping quiet about people dying and getting killed OR you let them speak out and give them the right to put their opinion about everything.

It's my opinion you can't expect someone to talk and to keep shut whenever you feel like it. That's just disguisting.

Also, just because your idol doesn't share the same political views, doesn't mean you can't love that person any more than when you do share the same views. You'll NEVER find somebody that shares 100% the same views as yourself.

I hope everybody gets what i try to say as I am not a native English speaker...

But personally I'd take Biden over Trump. They both had their disturbing encounters with women and it's unfair of you to judge Biden for it but not Trump.

4 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

No. They can do the f. They want. They have the right to speak out their minds too. We can't expect to have freedom of speech and then expect known celebs not to out their voice. 

When celebs do not speak out about certain events such as black people getting shot by the cops, they ate being called racists for not speaking out but if they do they also out a political side. Every movement is politcal matter as it urges the politics to act and react. So whenever a celeb speaks out about such events, they already chose a political side. 

So they either can be quiet entirely and thus also keeping quiet about people dying and getting killed OR you let them speak out and give them the right to put their opinion about everything.

It's my opinion you can't expect someone to talk and to keep shut whenever you feel like it. That's just disguisting.

Also, just because your idol doesn't share the same political views, doesn't mean you can't love that person any more than when you do share the same views. You'll NEVER find somebody that shares 100% the same views as yourself.

I hope everybody gets what i try to say as I am not a native English speaker...

But personally I'd take Biden over Trump. They both had their disturbing encounters with women and it's unfair of you to judge Biden for it but not Trump.

So you like this system of people being forced to disingenuously throw their influence behind a movement out of fear of being canceled or appearing racists?  That’s a function of society you think we should move forward with?  Including shaming celebrities who don’t immediately jump on hashtag movements.

This BLM angry mob of white kids intimidating this woman at an outdoor restaurant because she wouldn’t put her fist up in solidarity, is the embodiment of what this fascist ideology looks like in real life. This is the direction you’re proposing we move forward in.

TELEMMGLPICT000237814185_trans_NvBQzQNjv

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blm-crowd-condemned-for-mobbing-woman-who-didnt-raise-fist-h5tvklnw

CNN-Headline-Fiery-2.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Lol “Fiery but mostly peaceful protests”... only CNN.  BLM should stand for Burn Loot ******.  This is what all of Hollywood and the left wants you to accept as normal.

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-I

• Love 1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Korb said:

Art and politics have always been intertwined. Stop trying to separate the two. It's delusional and ignorant.:tina:

Also,imagine telling people not to voice their opinion because of their occupation.:clown:
No matter how out of touch or pathetic a celebrity is,their opinions are theirs and they should be allowed to express them,even if I disagree with their political views(and I often do)

They should be forced to register as foreign agents, as the monopoly Hollywood has on the airwaves along with the fact that the movie industry, sports, and tech are owned and run by China.  Which means that these celebrities who are all pushing 1 specific unified agenda on all known platforms, are all advocating against the best interests of the citizens of our country.  They are shilling for foreign interests on behalf of the foreign companies who employ them.  

If a politician has businesses ties to the Ukraine and advocates for laws to pass as an American politician that would enrich his company in in the Ukraine,  he would have to register as a foreign agent or that would be considered treason.  (Which is exactly what Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden are guilty of when Biden threatened to withhold US aide to Ukraine unless they fired the Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating the shady Ukrainian energy company Hunter Biden was on the board of.)

• Love 1
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

They should be forced to register as foreign agents, as the monopoly Hollywood has on the airwaves along with the fact that the movie industry, sports, and tech are owned and run by China.  Which means that these celebrities who are all pushing 1 specific unified agenda on all known platforms, are all advocating against the best interests of the citizens of our country.  They are shilling for foreign interests on behalf of the foreign companies who employ them.  

If a politician has businesses ties to the Ukraine and advocates for laws to pass as an American politician that would enrich his company in in the Ukraine,  he would have to register as a foreign agent or that would be considered treason.  (Which is exactly what Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden are guilty of when Biden threatened to withhold US aide to Ukraine unless they fired the Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating the shady Ukrainian energy company Hunter Biden was on the board of.)

Love how you down-voted my post days ago and just now decided to respond,with meaningless and irrelevant stuff,for that matter. This entire thread is about whether celebrities and entertainers should voice their opinions on political matters and you just HAD to somehow make this about how Joe Biden BAD and how he has foreign interests and is enriching himself. Meanwhile Trump has been using his presidency to encourage others ,including foreign parties,to use his resorts and hotels and other businesses. What a ******* joke. We'd love to have his Tax returns to know more about his shady activities but alas he never released them, even though he said he would. Another one of his thousands of lies.Do you keep that same energy with Trump who loves Putin when there was clear evidence of Russian interference in our democracy in FAVOR of Trump? 

You're a cult of personality fan of Trump and an ideologue to the right wing. I see you down-vote literally anything that criticizes Trump on this website. It's hilarious. Your agenda is clear,sweetie.:clown:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Korb said:

Love how you down-voted my post days ago and just now decided to respond,with meaningless and irrelevant stuff,for that matter. This entire thread is about whether celebrities and entertainers should voice their opinions on political matters and you just HAD to somehow make this about how Joe Biden BAD and how he has foreign interests and is enriching himself. Meanwhile Trump has been using his presidency to encourage others ,including foreign parties,to use his resorts and hotels and other businesses. What a ******* joke. We'd love to have his Tax returns to know more about his shady activities but alas he never released even though he said he would. Another one of his thousand of lies.Do you keep that same energy with Trump who loves Putin when there was clear evidence of Russian interference in our democracy in FAVOR of Trump? 

Your a cult of personality fan of Trump and an ideologue to the right wing. I see you down-vote literally anything that criticizes Trump on this website. It's hilarious. Your agenda is clear,sweetie.:clown:

Trump donates his presidential salary to a different cause every year.  He still hasn’t taken one cent as president and is actually losing millions by focusing on fixing this country instead of managing his businesses.  Even Melania is saving us money, as she has 10 staff and Michelle had 25. Trump is not getting rich off of offering a nights stay at his hotels, so get real. Obama’s lavish spending for celebrity parties was out of control. A Wikileaks email even cited him spending 60,000 to import food from Chicago to a whitehouse party.  

Bringing up Joe Bidden is VERY relevant to the conversation of celebrity political endorsements since 100% of the only celeb endorsements allowed on TV and in media are for democrat candidates.  The VMA’s last night was a political commercial first and a music award show second.  The democrats and celebrities are in bed together on the corruption because all celebs are paid to endorse it.

Still no proof of Russian collusion despite 3 years of hype.  However, Hillary did sell 20% of our Uranium to Russia, and Bill took a million dollar payoff to make a speech in Russia afterwards (he wasn’t really getting paid for a million dollar speech, this was an under the table kickback for selling off our Uranium).  

The democrats have been selling off parts of our country to foreign interests to enrich themselves for years, and the celebrities who get paid by foreign studios are just mouthpieces for the same agenda.  The member of the cult of personality is you, who buys into the zombies who all agree on every single topic and repeat the same lines on every single station and attack anyone with differing views.  That’s the definition of being in a cult.  Homogenized thought.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:34 AM, JustLuvMe07 said:

I bet that You Need To Calm Down or Miss Americana from Taylor will be over in a few years.

YNTCD because we are accepting LGBTQ+ rights and Miss Americana because there hopefully won't be a president like Trump again.

I respect your opinion and hope that its true, but Bigotry, homophobia, racism, etc have been ongoing for centuries - even in countries that have better equality still appreciate songs like YNTCD and Born this Way.

16 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Trump donates his presidential salary to a different cause every year.  He still hasn’t taken one cent as president and is actually losing millions by focusing on fixing this country instead of managing his businesses.  Even Melania is saving us money, as she has 10 staff and Michelle had 25. Trump is not getting rich off of offering a nights stay at his hotels, so get real. Obama’s lavish spending for celebrity parties was out of control. A Wikileaks email even cited him spending 60,000 to import food from Chicago to a whitehouse party.  

Bringing up Joe Bidden is VERY relevant to the conversation of celebrity political endorsements since 100% of the only celeb endorsements allowed on TV and in media are for democrat candidates.  The VMA’s last night was a political commercial first and a music award show second.  The democrats and celebrities are in bed together on the corruption because all celebs are paid to endorse it.

Still no proof of Russian collusion despite 3 years of hype.  However, Hillary did sell 20% of our Uranium to Russia, and Bill took a million dollar payoff to make a speech in Russia afterwards (he wasn’t really getting paid for a million dollar speech, this was an under the table kickback for selling off our Uranium).  

The democrats have been selling off parts of our country to foreign interests to enrich themselves for years, and the celebrities who get paid by foreign studios are just mouthpieces for the same agenda.  The member of the cult of personality is you, who buys into the zombies who all agree on every single topic and repeat the same lines on every single station and attack anyone with differing views.  That’s the definition of being in a cult.  Homogenized thought.

Omg stop :nyheadache:

Moving on from the mess discussion this thread turned towards to by the 3rd page...

I mean like how Ricky Gervais said most of the artist and actors have not studied political science in strong detail to give a unbiased opinion, but in the end, celebrities too are humans and not robots that are functioned and programmed for entertainment.

I am not American and do not choose to lean towards any side, because both of them have their weakness. Trump as a president wasn't able to manage US properly and especially this year, we had seen how he didn't manage US as properly, considering that USA is really suffering. So its really hard on both sides, so the whole word is wishing Good luck to you guys ( :pieceofwhat: )
But back to the topic, a persons political opinion should not be based by their Faves opinion, but they should do their own respective research and see who they truly want to support. A celebrity is giving their own opinion, but doesnt mean you should form the same opinion.

So in conclusion, no. They have their own right and freedom to express who they support.

• Love 1
On 8/29/2020 at 9:54 PM, britney_rocks said:

omg, that is terrible. lol. that whole statement is just wrong. So, he's saying just because someone is a celebrity, they dont know "the real world"? Lost of celebrities who I am a Fan of their work, come from poor hard-working families, who struggled to make ends meat to be in the position they are in today(One being Britney) so, yeah, some know very much how "the real world" operates. 

And if  celebrities want to voice their opinion political, on a platform, so what? Plenty of US do it on various platforms of media outlets, so it isn't "wrong" 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block