Britney's complete Hot 100 chart history... in a video!

Found this super cool visual representation of Brit's Hot 100 Chart History 

:mhm::mhm::mhm:

Incredible how she has only had 5 #1 hits despite having SO many well known songs. I'm still upset that Oops didn't go #1 on the heels of the meteoric success of BOMT.

It's also crazy to think that she didn't have a #1 in between BOMT and Womanizer, despite many thinking the time in-between was the most fertile time in her career.

What are your thoughts on her chart history?? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

Incredible how she has only had 5 #1 hits despite having SO many well known songs. I'm still upset that Oops didn't go #1 on the heels of the meteoric success of BOMT.

It's also crazy to think that she didn't have a #1 in between BOMT and Womanizer, despite many thinking the time in-between was the most fertile time in her career.

You're right... That's crazy. This goes to show that charts (and awards) are a construction, not a real representation of the cultural impact of each artist.

Share these thoughts in the original thread!

• Love 1

Incredible how she has only had 5 #1 hits despite having SO many well known songs. I'm still upset that Oops didn't go #1 on the heels of the meteoric success of BOMT. :disappointed:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Gotta keep in mind britney couldve had a lot more number ones had jive released physical singles of her early hits like xtina did and got 3 number ones from her debut album

i can totally see crazy, oops, toxic, stronger even maybe sometimes and lucky being number 1 considering How big they were on the radio. 

Proof of this is around blackout once itunes came into play And you could purchase singles without a physical release her chart positions got a lot better Even when she wasnt in her prime anymore

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Gotta keep in mind britney couldve had a lot more number ones had jive released physical singles of her early hits like xtina did and got 3 number ones from her debut album

i can totally see crazy, oops, toxic, stronger even maybe sometimes and lucky being number 1 considering How big they were on the radio. 

Proof of this is around blackout once itunes came into play And you could purchase singles without a physical release her chart positions got a lot better Even when she wasnt in her prime anymore

• Like 1

Wow thanks for sharing, that was really funny too watch

But I would prefer if they made Global chart runs, it would be much more impressive, with BOMT, Crazy, BTMYH, Oops, MATM, Toxic, Everytime, Womanizer and S&S peaking at #1, and Sometimes, Lucky, Stronger, Slave, My Prerogative and Gimme More peaking in Top5

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

Found this super cool visual representation of Brit's Hot 100 Chart History 

:mhm::mhm::mhm:

What are your thoughts on her chart history?? 

22 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

You're right... That's crazy. This goes to show that charts (and awards) are a construction, not a real representation of the cultural impact of each artist.

Share these thoughts in the original thread!

yeah its crazy. same in germany with Michael Jackson. His first (and maybe only) no.1 Song in Germany was Earth Song in 1995...

• Like 1