BLACKPINK wins "Song of Summer" at the MTV VMAs

Slayer

Update:

BLACKPINK won Song of the Summer at the VMAs.

Dua Lipa and Harry Styles are somewhere like :tiffcackle:

bp-ss.jpg.4b62a6ed4669d6318affb54504c7b781.jpg

Earlier:

"As we reported earlier, superstars Harry Styles and Dua Lipa both declined to perform on the VMAs, but their decisions were made before nominations were finalized."

Making matters worse, a timely performance of "WAP" by Cardi B with Megan Thee Stallion was on the table but couldn't get finalized. MTV will announce more performers this week, which could include Taylor Swift (a now-deleted New York Post article reported Swift as part of the bubble). 

Speaking of Dua and Harry... the VMAs added a last-minute category

Song of The Summer:

BLACKPINK - How You Like That

Cardi B f/ Megan Thee Stallion - WAP

DaBaby f/ Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

DJ Khaled f/ Drake - Popstar

Doja Cat - Say So

Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

Jack Harlow - What's Poppin

Lil Baby f/ 42 Drugg

Megan Thee Stallion f/ Beyoncé - Savage

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky

Pop Smoke f/ 50 Cent and Roddy Ricch - The Woo

SAINt JHN - Roses

Saweetie - Tap In

Taylor Swift - cardigan

The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

Related:

• Love 1

I do and do not support their decision.. I like I get it butttt it’s reminds me of the rumor that Beyoncé now only performs/shows up if she’s receiving an award etc and that’s a bad notion to set forward that you only do this n that if your rewarded.. yes Britney was snubbed at the vmas for years but she gave us iconic performances and obv didn’t need vmas to be considered queen of the vmas or become such a generational icon that she is today... 

I feel like even being invited to perform is a accomplishment and great gesture to begin with. Bc imagine no one invites you to perform anywhere? Lol that’s even worse. .. and idk free press is free press especially if you have a remix album coming out .. n not many places r holding award shows and it’s not like the album is gonna last till next year Bc we all kno how fast music comes n goes now unfortunately 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think the excuse is kinda lame. When Britney performed in 2003, the only nomination she got was for Best video for a film, but that didn't matter.

Or imagine if she skipped the 2001 performance, just because in 1999 and 2000 didn't get any moon men, despite her nominations.

But in the end it at all comes down to self-respect. Dua and Harry’s reason is valid. Why give your best out of yourself for a performance knowing that the award show snubbed your work so much? I mean, if I were a artist too, I would’ve felt the same :yaknow:

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

But in the end it at all comes down to self-respect. Dua and Harry’s reason is valid. Why give your best out of yourself for a performance knowing that the award show snubbed your work so much? I mean, if I were a artist too, I would’ve felt the same :yaknow:

but Dua got lots of nominations, just not in the main categories.

Some may see it as "self-respect". I see it as lack of humbleness. I think it almost falls in the cockiness territory. Like what if they got nominated but lost anyways, what would be the difference? They go and perform just to leave with their hands empty.

At the end is a performance for the fans, it's a way to promote their work. Why not go there and show they're better performers than any of the nominees or winners? :yaknow:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

According to Hits Daily Double, Dua Lipa and Harry Styles declined to perform at the event following being snubbed from any award nominations.

Making matters worse, a timely performance of "WAP" by Cardi B with Megan Thee Stallion was on the table but couldn't get finalized. MTV will announce more performers this week, which could include Taylor Swift (a now-deleted New York Post article reported Swift as part of the bubble). 

Speaking of Dua and Harry... the VMAs added a last-minute category - looks this may be how they will be enticed to perform.

Song of The Summer:

BLACKPINK - How You Like That

Cardi B f/ Megan Thee Stallion - WAP

DaBaby f/ Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

DJ Khaled f/ Drake - Popstar

Doja Cat - Say So

Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

Jack Harlow - What's Poppin

Lil Baby f/ 42 Drugg

Megan Thee Stallion f/ Beyoncé - Savage

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky

Pop Smoke f/ 50 Cent and Roddy Ricch - The Woo

SAINt JHN - Roses

Saweetie - Tap In

Taylor Swift - cardigan

The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

dua-harry.jpg.5bf4faaad88e314003e8dabd38a2b058.jpg

Related:

"As we reported earlier, superstars Harry Styles and Dua Lipa both declined to perform on the VMAs, but their decisions were made before nominations were finalized."

This is the quote I got from HDD. Looks more like they're snubbed because they declined to perform. I couldn't find their previous report to confirm.

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

Some may see it as "self-respect". I see it as lack of humbleness. I think it almost falls in the cockiness territory. Like what if they got nominated but lost anyways, what would be the difference? They go and perform just to leave with their hands empty.

At the end is a performance for the fans, it's a way to promote their work. Why not go there and show they're better performers than any of the nominees or winners? :yaknow:

No, those nominations are not for Dua. They're for the professionals behind the camera. Also, it looks more like they got punished with 0 nominations because they declined to perform instead of the other way around.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But what are the main categories of the VMAs? Video of the year, Artist Of The Year, Song Of The Year and probably Best Song With good message. Who cares for the professional categories where you cant vote? :yaknow: Dua and Harry owned this year with their music videos, and it felt quite ****ty for them just to be snubbed. It just must have irritated them both, because not only them but every artist works hard for their music awards, and for their MVs not to be recognized is quite disrespectful

You can see it that way, as you stan one of Hollywoods most down-to-earth and humble celebrities, Britney would come and perform but in the end, whos impact was more on the VMAs? Britney or the winners? Exactly. Its just for quite dissapointing for many artist.

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

But what are the main categories of the VMAs? Video of the year, Artist Of The Year, Song Of The Year and probably Best Song With good message. Who cares for the professional categories where you cant vote? :yaknow: Dua and Harry owned this year with their music videos, and it felt quite ****ty for them just to be snubbed. It just must have irritated them both, because not only them but every artist works hard for their music awards, and for their MVs not to be recognized is quite disrespectful

You can see it that way, as you stan one of Hollywoods most down-to-earth and humble celebrities, Britney would come and perform but in the end, whos impact was more on the VMAs? Britney or the winners? Exactly. Its just for quite dissapointing for many artist.

Those awards (if won) don't even go to Dua. They go to the director and people behind the scene, just like Best Director at the Oscars won't go to the cast of that movie.

But, are you able to find any more news about Dua and Harry? Because all I've found is that VMAs gave them 0 nominations after they declined to perform (most likely due to pandemic and the fact that they're in UK). I really hope that this site did not spread misinformation that ruined the reputation of the artists if it's not true.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Invitation said:

This is the quote I got from HDD. Looks more like they're snubbed because they declined to perform. I couldn't find their previous report to confirm.

Oh well that changes everything then. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block