What are your expectations about Miley, Demi, Selena and Ariana and the reality of their careers now versus when they first started?

Honestly, Selena doesn’t deserve all the hate she gets on here. She is one of the few pop girlies that I stan. I think she is seriously misunderstood. Her songs and lyrics are so mature. She sings about mental health and her own struggles. Demi does too, but Demi does it with catchy anthems, Selena is more adult contemporary sounding. I think she started out really well this era with Lose You to Love Me, then no one knew what to do with Look At Her Now. It was fun, but she could’ve capitalized on the success of her first single a little better. Her Revival album though is EVERYTHING. :yasqueen: Good for You, Hands to Myself, and Same Okd Love were EVERYWHERE for a little bit. Y’all need to listen to “Sober.” Her new era hasn’t has any bangers, but tbh “Boyfriend” is under-appreciated. Y’all slept on it and I’ll never forgive you :gunriah: 

• Love 2

I love how real is Selena, I think she found a good place and rhythm in music.selena gomez whatever GIF

Demi is the new Christina Aguilera, with great voice but not that famous

Miley is just the new Pink, rebel but not that relevant 

And Ariana is the only one completely relevant right now ... even my little cousins love her.

• Super Mods

Miley - I genuinely expected her to be MUCH more famous than she is right now. And I am genuinely sorry her immense popularity didn't last longer than just that one era. She has amazing music, voice, and looks. I hope she becomes gigantic again soon.

Selena Gomez - Her climb to fame was very steady and stable, which is something I really expected from her. I feel like she doesn't care about music that much anymore though, so she will probably feel a huge decline in her music relevancy :mhm: 

Demi Lovato - I honestly never liked her, nor did I ever expect her to become a huge star. And in my opinion, she never did. Her petty character is blocking her talent and work.

Ariana Grande - I actually did not expect Ariana to explode this much at all :umomg: But boy am I happy she did. She's obviously the most famous one of all the 4 thanks to her very hard work, talent, and a lovely character. It is obvious that people adore working with her :) 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Honestly, Selena doesn’t deserve all the hate she gets on here. She is one of the few pop girlies that I stan. I think she is seriously misunderstood. Her songs and lyrics are so mature. She sings about mental health and her own struggles. Demi does too, but Demi does it with catchy anthems, Selena is more adult contemporary sounding. I think she started out really well this era with Lose You to Love Me, then no one knew what to do with Look At Her Now. It was fun, but she could’ve capitalized on the success of her first single a little better. Her Revival album though is EVERYTHING. :yasqueen: Good for You, Hands to Myself, and Same Okd Love were EVERYWHERE for a little bit. Y’all need to listen to “Sober.” Her new era hasn’t has any bangers, but tbh “Boyfriend” is unde-rappreciated. Y’all slept on it and I’ll never forgive you :gunriah: 

I completely agree. I've been stanning Selena since Naturally and her music has matured SO ******* MUCH it is insane. Idk why this forum dislikes her so much tbh. She definitely isn't the best vocalist, but do we even have the right to criticize performers for their weak vocals considering we're all Britney stans? :orangu:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I completely agree. I've been stanning Selena since Naturally and her music has matured SO ******* MUCH it is insane. Idk why this forum dislikes her so much tbh. She definitely isn't the best vocalist, but do we even have the right to criticize performers for their weak vocals considering we're all Britney stans? :orangu:

Honestly, Britney used to have some amazing vocals. However, what people don’t understand is what happens to your body when you don’t practice music for a long time and don’t exercise your vocal cords. If Selena would practice a lot before her next performance and get a vocal coach to help, she would get better again.

• Love 1

I’ve always liked Ariana but I sincerely think she is not as iconic as Miley for example, the bangerz era was REALLY ICONIC, everyone knew ab it and Miley was everywhere back in 2013. but Ariana, even though she is really successful rn, hasn’t made an impact in the industry, she doesn’t have “her” song or “her” album (imo), and her music is really similar and just as any other song released by another artist. 

since I don’t follow these girls I will just say what I think of them.

Miley- (I’m not her age range or any of them) I always thought she was so annoying in the beginning, but I have heard her sing outside of her pop, weather it be jolene or rock and the girl has a great voice, I like her edge she pulls it of more then others who have tried in her grouping. 
Demi- to Be honest I’ve only heard of her from her drama, and when she was on glee. I don’t not like her, just haven’t heard her music.

Selena- I cant stand her, she tries so hard to be cool and edgy and she comes off looking like a desperate little girl playing dress up, her music is bubble gum pop and she can’t pull of a mature sound very well. She will always look, sound and act like a child to me.  😬

Ariana- in it for the long run, she’s made it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block