Which Britney singles did you think were going to be a hit, but did worse than expected? Vice versa?

* I am picking FF era as that was the last "era" we've had with multiple singles, and the previous eras were quite successful *

I thought it would do well but didn't: Till The World Ends. When I heard the first 10 seconds (I don't know if you guys remember that 10 seconds release they did of all Ff songs) I thought "this is a banger and will stay relevant forever, it's the new toxic" and then it just wasn't this massive hit that destroyed careers

The opposite: I wanna go. I felt like "yeah okay s'alright I guess", and I still hear it on the radio sometimes :cheese:

• Love 1

Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know is one of the best ballads sadly it didn't chart :crying1:

Make Me... did quite well on charts tbh. But it's definitely not my favourite from Glory tho :ehum:

Also there was a time when I didn't understand why HIAM was number one. I really didn't like it but it grew on me and now it's one of my absolute favourites :lizzie:

• Like 3
  • Twitter Team

I thought Criminal, Ooh La La, Perfume, Pretty Girls and Make Me would all do well but I guess I was deluded. I had a feeling when it was released Slumber Party would do little to nothing because RCA left things too late imo.

I thought Till the World Ends and I Wanna Go would have been hits in my country like they were in the US... nope :gloria: 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I thought Criminal, Ooh La La, Perfume, Pretty Girls and Make Me would all do well but I guess I was deluded. I had a feeling when it was released Slumber Party would do little to nothing because RCA left things too late imo.

I thought Till the World Ends and I Wanna Go would have been hits in my country like they were in the US... nope :gloria: 

Pretty Girls is well-known among teens. :brityes: I remember it being everywhere lol

OIDIA was pretty huge but I thought it would hit #1.

When I got ITZ, I didn't love Toxic. I wasn't excited that it was the 2nd single. I was shocked that everyone loved it lol.

I thought MP was going to do better, it's a great cover.

S&S was big but I thought it would hit #1.

I thought WB and MM were both going to do better. They were lead singles.

• Love 2
  • Exhale+

All of her singles released from ITZ I thought would have charted better. Britney was the biggest name in music at the time and none of her singles reflected that. MATM only peaked at #35 even though it featured Madonna coming off of their controversial VMA kiss. Everytime publicly addressed the JT breakup and only peaked at #15. Toxic is arguably one of her most widely known songs and still only reached #9. The whole era should have done better :sobbing: 

• Love 2
  • Like 5

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

Well, what's weird with Britney is that sometimes singles that don't do that well are still well known and love by the gp lol...

I can only talk since blackout because I started following her like 5/6 months before it came out so those albums are the only ones I knew the songs before they became singles. 

-Break the ice: I thought it would do great until we had the animated video and I lost all hopes.
-If U Seek Amy: I thought it would be a new iconic song like BOMT but nope, I was so excited for it to be a single...
-Till the world ends: I still think it's weird how it didn't end up being a classic Britney, they still force it on us on every tour lol
-Perfume: It such a beautiful and mature song, a nice follow up to everytime but didn't work I guess
-Slumber Party: everything was perfect, still don't understand why it wasn't a big hit. 

Other songs I knew after they were released as singles but was surprise years later that they're not huge hit:
-My prerogative, this is so damn good... 
-Toxic, so surprised it didn't went n°1

• Like 2