Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 25]

Roxxy
Message added by Roxxy
  • Please complete your story before posting.
  • No changing of entries

Good luck! 💛🧡💜

Well, so this is La Calle de las Sirenas by Mexican pop band Kabah.

This is one of the earliest songs I remember to be really obsessed with. I was like 3 years old when this came out, and like most of the music I knew at the time, I knew it through my older cousins. Someone in my family must have a video of me at age 3 or 4 doing the choreo, nailing all the moves :haha: 

My cousins had a blast teaching me the choreos, and me not knowing any better, would learn them and dance them whenever they asked me to ( a few years later I started to get really embarrassed lol ). There were many other songs I listened to at the time, but this song was always very special as a kid because it talks about unicorns and fairies and witches and dragons and mermaids (the title is literally The Street of the Mermaids) and it was just very fun to imagine that fantastic world.

I grew up listening to pop music and dancing to it, it's always been normal for me to have music in my life and dancing was just another game among all the things we used to play as kids. This song keeps appearing time after time in different moments of my life, but it will always remind me of those simpler years, that were full of so much fun, joy, innocence. :fakecry:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I was in a relationship with my boyfriend for 4 years, we lived together and I loved him more than anything in my entire life. In the last 3-4 months of our relationship things got messy as we started to argue more and more each day, our understanding for one another began to fade away. In July of 2018 we went to a very huge festival, where we met a nice group of Croatian tourists; 2 girls and 3 guys. One of them was gay, about 48, but very buff and ****.

He flirted with me all night long but I told him I'm not interested so he backed off. I'm mentioning him because hes important for the story. Anyway, fast forward to beginning of September (my bday is on the 5th) and I accidentally find out that the Croatian guy and my bf have secretly hooked up and my bf in a double relationship for nearly 2 months, and the Croatian guy knew this. 

Needless to say I broke up, moved out and finally bought my own flat. This all caused me great pain, I could physically feel my heart breaking. Especially because I even financially supported my ex for a couple of months because he couldnt (or wouldnt) find a job. I was there throuh thin and thick.

Anyway, I'm over it now, it's been two years and I can freely say im a very happy and successful young man. My ex? The croatian guy cheated on him, he lost his job, and now he's back living with his parents. 

This song has gotten me through the entire process of healing from a tough break up. He realized that I truly am one in a million the hard way.

Oh my god. It really is true, you get them by cheating, you'll lose them that way too. :omggg:

Now you are huge and hot and we'll use our bodies to make our own videos. :barbie:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Busybee said:

This song reminds me of my 6th grade crush. He was super short but super cute and all the girls liked him because he was super charming. I knew he wouldn't like me because I was less than cute at that age. BUT I did always have a one up on talking to him because we bonded on our love and obsession for Eminem. He was always so nice to me so this reminds me of that time and the innocense of it all.

Its worth mentioning I looked up him up a few years ago and he's a high school drop out with like 8 kids and a few felony charges. 

OMG this is so me using an artist to bond with a guy. I did this in college. :blol: Ok wow so he's short but produced 8 kids. He must be tall in... other aspects. :tiffdrink:

Thank you Paramore for your service. :barbie:

My story is related to Brokeback Mountain. I remember the first time I saw that movie. It affected the gay in me emotionally very deeply because its such a sad and tragic story.  I was listening a lot to "Because of you" at the time. Somehow that song made me think of the movie a lot. I dont know why I had a connection with that song and the movie. Maybe because the song is of a sad nature as well. But everytime Id hear the song I would cry so hard and think about Brokeback Mountain. I was a teen at the time that was bullied a lot because of my gay orientation. I suffered a lot . And seeing a gay story where there was a lot of suffering as well and a love relationship that couldnt last in the end, that had a huge impact on me.

Because of you:

• Love 3

My memory is **** in general so it was hard for me to think of something :fakecry:

Anyway, when I was a little kid me and my brother had a CD player but I was never really listening anything 'cause I didn't own any CDs :jl:

So my mother gave me one of hers to listen to and I remember loving this song so much, even though I had no idea what they were singing about. Now every time this song comes up, I remember me in the back seat of my parents car listening to it with my old *** headphones and a CD player that could hardly play a CD from start to finish without stopping at least 3 times.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zenden said:

By the way guy was a total douche he later was my sisters boyfriend and he treated her like a garbage. Presented her artificial flowers (usually used for funerals) to her birthday or valentines day do not remember exactly.

SCREAMINGGG :gloria:

I love stories from high school. I would really like to go back to those years if I had the chance to travel back in time. It was the best of times for me. :sobbing:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BuckyKatt said:

This is a story about 

3 guys :jj:

4 years in to our relation, me and my boyfriend were taking a time out. In that time I get to know better a guy (his move) I already met months before, in one of many stood ups I was left by my boyfriend (in a cruising spot :britdrown:)

He was very affectionnate, something that my boyfriend lacks :embarrassed:

So the time we spend together he treated me real well (so I thought) and this music came out around that time and became "our" song :britoverit:

Feel - Robbie Williams

Follow up: it lasted 3/4 months. I found out he was very "friendly" with maaany guys :ohreallylol:

Meanwhile I and my boyfriend resume our relation and start living together :kfed:

Still LOOOOVE the song, but, I only listen to it whem I'm alone :zoomzoom:

I feel that way too. I don't like playing a song that reminds me of another guy if i'm dating someone. If the song is really good, i'll only listen to it when i'm alone. :yesokay:

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, so this is La Calle de las Sirenas by Mexican pop band Kabah.

This is one of the earliest songs I remember to be really obsessed with. I was like 3 years old when this came out, and like most of the music I knew at the time, I knew it through my older cousins. Someone in my family must have a video of me at age 3 or 4 doing the choreo, nailing all the moves  

My cousins had a blast teaching me the choreos, and me not knowing any better, would learn them and dance them whenever they asked me to ( a few years later I started to get really embarrassed lol ). There were many other songs I listened to at the time, but this song was always very special as a kid because it talks about unicorns and fairies and witches and dragons and mermaids (the title is literally The Street of the Mermaids) and it was just very fun to imagine that fantastic world.

I grew up listening to pop music and dancing to it, it's always been normal for me to have music in my life and dancing was just another game among all the things we used to play as kids. This song keeps appearing time after time in different moments of my life, but it will always remind me of those simpler years, that were full of so much fun, joy, innocence. :fakecry:

Where is this video of you dancing to this song. Please share it to me. :akii:

Your Mood Ring dance is my favorite. :makeitrain:

28 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Ok first of all, this is going to really expose me if anyone from my personal life happens to come across this thread :jl:

My boyfriend and I first started dating right before the end of our sophomore year of college, so we were just moving out of dorms, but hadn't moved into apartments yet. Therefore, we had to do long distance over the summer where we were both back at our hometowns. This song really makes me think back to that summer. We were still in our honeymoon phase. We didn't get to see each other often, so when we did, every moment counted. We were both falling in love with each other. It was summer, so the weather was gorgeous and we got to do so many fun outdoor activities like (night) swimming/skinny dipping, going to parks, hiking, bonfires, concerts, etc. His hometown was also really pretty, and I just remember driving around, in love with the scenery, him, and how gorgeous everything was, all the while, this song was playing. I had gone through a rough few years, and I just remember being so happy, carefree, and thankful to have found him and to be where I was at in life finally after years of struggling through things.

I also was working a crappy fast food job during that summer, but of course, that came with some fun and funny times with coworkers who are also working the same crappy job, and this song also makes me think back to those awful yet somehow still enjoyable shifts as well. :yesokay:

My final and third memory attached to this song (which is why I picked it - I wanted a song that encompassed a lot of the memories that made me happy in life) is a college party. It was late and most people had already left, but me and my friend and a few others were still going strong. My friend had brought a microphone to the party for karaoke that just amplified your voice and we both had bonded over appreciating Shawn Mendes before. Just a few moments earlier, we had also just won at beer pong despite both being wasted and me not being very good at it. We were literally falling on the ground and cracking up during the game. So then, this song came on, we were completely wasted, belting it out over this cheap microphone, dancing, spilling our drinks and then slipping on them, just living our best life. We took some videos of us doing it and we look and sound surprisingly good for how drunk we are. It was a great time. :mcry:

Thank you to anyone who actually read all of this lol :bigkiss:

You went Loose Rap by Aaliyah on us with 3 stories and 1 song. Thank you so much. :gaspney:

I love karaoke with friends omg it's my favorite on parties. :makeitrain:

And you're really not good at beer pong? :idkney:

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

Femme Fatale was the first physical album from Britney that I bought.  I was graduating from high school and starting university. 

:gloss:

Same here :tiffdrink:

9 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

You must be big then. :idkney:

You should know by now :tiffdrink:

@Towelney and @Mattyj7883 can brush up your memory with receipts :tiffdrink:

@ColdAsFire88 might find out soon as well. I just need to know if he's interested.:tiffdrink:

Anyway, let's not derail this thread as well:cheese:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
14 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

what are we talking about here :pieceofwhat:

@Towelney@Mattyj7883  and I made some fruit salad last night. It took us 4 long hours but we had a lot of fun. You know, the usual stuff with peeling bananas, slicing juicy peaches, squeezing melons, etc. SO I was wondering if you might be interested in doing the same with me. :tiffdrink:

5 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Lookatchu now, Witcher. It's a brand new you. :chrissy:

:imacat: 077431109e7dbd53eba50722615a6f46.jpg

This + this thread brings up sad memories and that's WHEN I tend to look for hookups :lessons:

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

@Towelney@Mattyj7883  and I made some fruit salad last night. It took us 4 long hours but we had a lot of fun. You know, the usual stuff with peeling bananas, slicing juicy peaches, squeezing melons, etc. SO I was wondering if you might be interested in doing the same with me. :tiffdrink:

:imacat: 077431109e7dbd53eba50722615a6f46.jpg

This + this thread brings up sad memories and that's WHEN I tend to look for hookups :lessons:

I’m down for another fruit salad :walkoff:

• Love 1