Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 25]

Roxxy
Message added by Roxxy
  • Please complete your story before posting.
  • No changing of entries

Good luck! 💛🧡💜

3 minutes ago, Corso said:

I’m so annoyed I picked Alanis’ “You Oughta Know” earlier in this challenge as it literally tells a story of my first relationship and would have been my choice. I do have other options I suppose...

Ok go. I'll allow repeating of entries as long as the story is good. :barbie:

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

:mcry::imacoolmom:

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

COME THRUUUUUUUUU :blast:

I had faith in you and you didn't let me down.  :urite:

I didn’t expect to get so emotional writing my entry :crying3: When I first read the topic I was stumped for a hot minute but for some reason this song popped in my head and all of those happy memories came back :urite: Excellent challenge Roxxy :makeitrain:

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

(You Drive Me) Crazy - Britney Spears

After initially trying not to include Britney songs in my daily choices, I realized that I shouldn't exclude her since she's my favorite artist. Most of her songs always occupy my year-end Spotify playlists, so it's more honest of me to include her songs than try to avoid them. It's finally my time to feature my all-time favorite song after skipping out on previous entries. :kidcries:

(You Drive Me) Crazy has always been my favorite song since I first heard it when the album first came out. I fell in love with the track even more after the Stop! remix was released and had fond memories of it playing everywhere. When my boyfriend and I first started dating, we spent a week in Hollywood. We decided to meet up with my sister and her girlfriend to go to The Abbey (a gay bar in West Hollywood). After many drinks and calling it a night, my current boyfriend and I went to sit outside to wait for an Uber to pick us up. We talked about what a fun night it was, and he turned to me and said, "olive juice." I was pretty drunk, so I said, "I love you too." Then out of pure coincidence (You Drive Me) Crazy (Stop! Remix) started playing. I remember going like "ohhhhhh shhhhhiiiiiii this is my jammmmmmm" and grabbing his hand to lead him back into the bar cause I was not about to miss my song. So yeah, after many years of it being my all-time favorite Britney song and song in general, it's nice to have this story tied to it making the song even more special to me. 

When will I have a love story tied to a Britney song. :queenie:

• Haha 3
  • Content Curators

A guy named Gabriel dedicated this song to me on my birthday. 

I translated it, it's not the best translation but I tried.

I pray to that moment
In which my world stopped
Between your lips
Just to revive
Melt one more time
Looking at your black eyes
I want to be air
And you breathe me forever
Well I have nothing to lose
All the time i'm thinking of you
In the brightness of the sun in a corner of the sky

In the echo of the sea that echoes in your eyes, I dreamed
Just to revive
Melt one more time
I want to be air
In the echo of the sea that echoes in your eyes
In the shine of the sun, a look of yours, I dreamed
Yes i dreamed you
Yes i dreamed you
Once again
Yes i dreamed you
Yes i dreamed you
I had a dream about you
Once again
Yes i dreamed you
All the time I'm thinking of you (Yes, I dreamed of you)
In the brightness of the sun in a corner of the sky (once again)
In the echo of the sea that echoes in your eyes (once again)

• Love 7

I wanna be there when you touch fire

So my best friend came down to visit me.  Every time we are together we have the best time.  We laugh so much and are just so silly.  I love her.  She’s my soulmate.  Anyway, as one of her trips came to an end she was wicked bummed about going home.  We used to do crazy things all the time together.  So I told her to stay in the other room and once I was ready she had to press play on the CD player and come into the room.  Well, this song came on and when she opened the door I was on my bed, white pants and a white jacket that looked like a straight jacket, and a big red smile painted on my face, with pictures of the two of us scattered around me on the bed.  I literally acted like I was a character straight out of Girl Interrupted.  It made her laugh and smile and that’s honestly all I wanted because it made me happy to hear and see her happy.  

• Love 9

Whenever I hear Taylor Swift's Blank Space I think of this time I was at a bar, with my closest friends, we were seeing Matoma and we were all fans of his. I was tearing it up - I looked great, and Matoma let me party with him in his DJ booth for a bit and drink his bottles of champagne. 

My ex was there with his new gf. They must have came from a formal Christmas party cause she was wearing this boring-*** dress (do I sound bitter?) LOL I really wasn't though - It had been about a year since we spoke and I had dated and dumped another guy in that time. I was having a really fun time that night - I said a cheerful hello and just kept dancing and having fun with my friends.

At one point, this random girl started shoving me and I didn't understand why. Eventually I turned to her and said "I think you think I'm someone else!" and she said "I'm Eddie's girlfriends best friend!" and I was like "I haven't spoken to him in a year!" like, I get that I'm his ex but.....I can't help that! It's in the past!

anyways! That night his girlfriend cornered me in the bathroom wanting to talk about her bf / my ex and get some dirt from me. I told her that we had a tumultuous relationship and there was fault on both sides but it was in the past and that they last time we had talked was over a year ago. She told me that HE told her that this song reminded him of me / that I was like "that Blank Space song...." 

It had just come out. And I was like oh sweetie....:hiii:

as much as I know he meant it as an insult....I took it as a compliment LOL

• Love 5
  • Haha 1

I know some of you will find this stupid, but this song changed my life. In April of 2017, I suffered a mental breakdown after my life completely flipped upside down. For a good 2 years, my life felt like it was over. I was ready to completely give up when this song woke me up. It snapped me out of what felt like a living coma and forced me to get my s.hit together. It's a depressing song and it brings back a lot of pain, but I'm grateful for it's darkness. That darkness made me see the light side of life again. 

Honorable mention: Forever also by Chvrches. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Itachi said:

We were never lovers but something close to that. He was like a brother, a confidant, a boyfriend, a best friend, all wrapped in one. But we ended up drifting apart when I wanted to be clear with what we have, because he wanted us to remain the same - ambiguous but spontaneous. 

First of all, thank you for baring your soul today. I appreciate it. And I went through the same experience with my bestfriend in 2010. The exact same thing and I still consider it as the most painful heartbreak I ever experienced. I was a mess for months. The worst part was when I asked him what are we, he said we were bestfriends and i was like but bestfriends don't fxck each other:beynah: and it just spiraled into this huge fight that lead to our "break-up".

Adrian, if you're watching. :barbie:

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Midnight said:

A guy named Gabriel dedicated this song to me on my birthday. 

I translated it, it's not the best translation but I tried.

In the echo of the sea that echoes in your eyes, I dreamed
Just to revive
Melt one more time
I want to be air
In the echo of the sea that echoes in your eyes
In the shine of the sun, a look of yours, I dreamed
Yes i dreamed you
Yes i dreamed you
Once again
Yes i dreamed you
Yes i dreamed you
I had a dream about you
Once again
Yes i dreamed you
In the brightness of the sun in a corner of the sky (once again)
In the echo of the sea that echoes in your eyes (once again)

The Unplugged version adds so much to it. Love Zoé

• Love 2

looking at the entries of others, i don't know why that was the experience i first thought of sharing here. :embarrassed:

like i could have shared that one time i was so drunk and going down the stairs of a club and ended up falling, spraining my ankle and had a cut on my right knee and some other bruises, while Kesha's Die Young was playing. the drunk me really thought i was gonna die young. :imok:

• Haha 5