What does your family think of britney?

Blackout2006

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am from Portugal, and the time when she was most popular here was in my childhood and beginning / during my adolescence.

My father has no idea who she is and my mother what remembers of her, is the fact of doing playback, because when Britney came to Portugal in 2004 for Rock in Rio Lisboa, she was the headliner of one of the days and one of the most anticipated artists in general and she was very frowned upon here because of the failure in her concert, which revealed that she did playback and did not sing her songs live, which was a scandal here and left her very frowned upon to this day in my country. :eheeek:

The people I still managed to get them captivated by Britney were my sister and two cousins of mine, one of them I even offered a ticket on her birthday to go with me to see the Femme Fatale Tour in 2011 in Lisbon and she loved it. In general, they like some of her songs, but as they are not fans and do not follow her career as I do, what they think about her is shaped by what they hear from her in the news and here in my country the highlights that Britney had was the fact of doing playback, shaving her head and kissing Madonna. :verycool:

And now, since Britney suspended her career, my sister goes to her Instagram from time to time and says she’s weird, that the way she dresses and talks doesn’t seem to be that of a person in her late 40s and I agree with her in some parts, however being a fan I understand why she is like this because I know what she has been  through ;)

The only people in my family that really have any opinions on her are my sisters and sadly due to her being sort of a running joke on TikTok and Instagram they are under the assumption that she's gone off the deep end again.  

• Super Mods

Well my mom is a minister, so she think she's crazy and a horrible role model (which dont make sense cause i dont look up to her)

My grandparents thought she was a pig/****

My sister kinda likes her, I guess. She grew up with me being a Britney fan and we've seen her live twice.

So its mostly my family thinks she's a ***** but I dont care, she's awesome and one of the reasons why i'm still alive!

#BritneyFanForLIfe :)

My mum likes a few of her songs, mainly Gimme More, Everytime, Toxic, Baby and Oops! :mhm: She doesn't really think or know much about her as a person though, other than "the woman who shaved her head" :pieceofwhat:

My stepdad has a lot of respect for her and thinks she's a sweet girl who was treated terribly by the world, he supports the Free Britney movement but doesn't care much for her actual music. :squintney:

My auntie forgets I'm gay and thinks I only like Britney for her ***** :ohdear:

Think everyone else in my family thinks of her as a basic tart :nochillbrit:

• 2 months later...
On 7/20/2020 at 2:42 AM, Prime said:

The only people in my family that really have any opinions on her are my sisters and sadly due to her being sort of a running joke on TikTok and Instagram they are under the assumption that she's gone off the deep end again.  

Ugh i hate that! I wish the Free Britney situation was more known

Archived