This Day in Pop: 'Make Me...' single featuring G-Eazy is released in 2016 (July 15)

4 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I still don’t understand why it gets hate, it was a bold choice to go with a mid tempo lead single so she should be commended for taking a risk. 

Tbh. Plus midtempos were hot in 2016. Maybe if she released this in spring rather than summer it might’ve done a little better. But the song is quality. All of my non fan family/friends loved it. It harkens back to her days of Slave 4 U/Breathe on Me which was such a refresh after Britney’s music being so EDM centric for the last few years. It just needed better promotion and visuals. I feel like the David LaChapelle video would’ve shocked and made headlines. Scandalous/**** Britney headlines would’ve been back and it possibly could’ve ignited the Free Britney movement sooner, especially since the conservatorship was already a talking point that year

• Love 5
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

you're too funny :lolnoworries_britney_hat_its_okay_excited: 

There’s so many members from that period that I miss… not Lilith, of course! :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: You’re one of the members from that time still active so it’s always nice seeing a familiar face from then! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

There’s so many members from that period that I miss… not Lilith, of course! :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: You’re one of the members from that time still active so it’s always nice seeing a familiar face from then! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

strange thing is that sometimes I go to lurk older threads, and I see all these old faces, and turns out they've logged in relatively recently, they just don't comment anymore for whatever reason 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
22 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

strange thing is that sometimes I go to lurk older threads, and I see all these old faces, and turns out they've logged in relatively recently, they just don't comment anymore for whatever reason 

I noticed that too! Like I had been thinking about @Dripping For Britney and I went to their page and it said they had logged in not long ago. Just hadn’t posted… Guess she’s dripping in silence! :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: What an icon! :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods

Wow its been 5 YEARS since it came out?!

Man time flies by quickly!
I remember buying it on Itunes (back before I had spotify)

and being OBSESSED with it and love that introduced me to G-Eazy!

I feel like this song is so unnecessarily hated cause of the released video.

YES the original video was way better and should've been released but it

doesnt mean this song deserves hate, its actually one of her most pleasant and melodic songs 

in her entire career.

However I do agree that her VMA performance of this song was VERY lackluster 

especially compared to her past performances but hey it was kind of a comeback

considering she didnt go back to the VMAs for 9 years!

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Tbh. Plus midtempos were hot in 2016. Maybe if she released this in spring rather than summer it might’ve done a little better. But the song is quality. All of my non fan family/friends loved it. It harkens back to her days of Slave 4 U/Breathe on Me which was such a refresh after Britney’s music being so EDM centric for the last few years. It just needed better promotion and visuals. I feel like the David LaChapelle video would’ve shocked and made headlines. Scandalous/**** Britney headlines would’ve been back and it possibly could’ve ignited the Free Britney movement sooner, especially since the conservatorship was already a talking point that year

Couldn’t agree more, even if I didn’t like it, it would have made headlines which makes me think if it’s Jamie and Lou being paranoid attention would be drawn about their suspicious activities as it really does seem like she added lots of symbolism alluding to it and they can’t have media deciphering or discussing it. Yeah maybe the freebritney movement would’ve kicked off. 

3 hours ago, SlayOut said:

:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: @PokemonSpears he’s talking about Cheri of course. Anyway I’m listening to Make me on vinyl rn 

edit: not private show starting