Lady Gaga's music isn't that good. (Opinion)

2 hours ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

It's not like her music is bad, mediocre or something...But the true is, her image as a whole, what she's wearing, what she's saying, what she's doing, is bigger than her music
I mean, she tries to be so artistic and authentic, but her music is 100% mainstream pop (GOOD QUALITY pop, but still pop)
She is talented, but the rules of mainstream showbusiness really limit her. But it's her choice, you have 1# on Billboard or you are ambitious and artistic musically. 

8 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

She's all smoke and mirrors and gimmicks. She seems sooo fake to me. And I don't like that she attaches herself to whatever hot topics are at the time and uses them to get fans and publicity. It's very ingenuine.

This is exactly what i'm trying to say. People act like Gaga is the weirdest ***** in pop music but she always released generic cookie cutter manufactured corporate music, it just feels paradoxal. Her visuals have always been more edgy/intriguing than her music. She has never pushed any boundaries musically. Charli XCX, Grimes etc make more interesting music than her. I'm not saying that she's untalented but i think her music isn't reflective of her true capacities, it seems dishonest. 2020 would have been the perfect time to release something more experimental, etc but she just decided to scrap Boys Noize and Sophie's productions off the album. I think she is scared of being polarizing again. Seems like she desperately wants to re-connect with the general public/locals by downgrading her original vision. She's also known for stealing ideas from underground/indie singers and subcultures, she isn't that original. I remember when she stole her 2011 fashion ideas from the Seapunk movement. 

• Like 6
  • Super Mods

The thing with Gaga is that she's a visual artist, plus she emerged with EDM  which was barely used in pop back when she debuted. So it was a novelty Pop world was craving for. After that, indeed, she basically did the same thing Katy Perry did, music wise. However she was very visual and pushed her stardom using the shock factor which gave her a lot of longevity and respect (something Katy didn't do much after I kissed a girl).

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I'm just commenting to watch u get annihilated. 

Gaga has a lot of love here, So this is a warning.

Bulllcrap!

The exhale community loathes and HATES Lady gaga, thats why this thread is so huge :lessons:

There are way few exhalers like me and @MrPieceOfMe that dont crap on everything she does

Everyone is just jealous that she is having the No.1 album unlike Britney, who had her last back in 2011 :chrissy:

If they are delusional enough to deny Gaga's impact back in the early 10s, you expect them to throw flowers at gaga and drag the author of this topic? :tiffeyeroll:

Bye! :arianabye:

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Everyone is just jealous that she is having the No.1 album unlike Britney, who had her last back in 2011 :chrissy:

This is the same thing as when stans brag about how many grammy awards their faves have won. In the end it doesn't matter, for example, most award ceremonies are just promotional tools for record labels, they have no real value, you don't need awards to make a cultural impact, Bob Marley and Tupac have never won a single grammy and yet you have forgetten people like Megan Trainor who got one. It's the same for No.1 hits. Harlem Shake went No.1 a few years ago, do people still talk about that song? 

if i really cared about the charts and all that meaningless bull**** i wouldn't be here stanning Britney. I listen to a lot of artists who aren't even signed to any major record label and they never charted on the hot 100. 

Just because a record goes number 1 doesn't mean it will be remembered in the next 15 years. Just look at Rihanna's career, she has like 14 No.1 singles but only 5 of them are true classics.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

This is the same thing as when stans brag about how many grammy awards their faves have won. In the end it doesn't matter, for example, most award ceremonies are just promotional tools for record labels, they have no real value, you don't need awards to make a cultural impact, Bob Marley and Tupac have never won a single grammy and yet you have forgetten people like Megan Trainor who got one. It's the same for No.1 hits. Harlem Shake went No.1 a few years ago, do people still talk about that song? 

if i really cared about the charts and all that meaningless bull**** i wouldn't be here stanning Britney. I listen to a lot of artists who aren't even signed to any major record label and they never charted on the hot 100. 

Just because a record goes number 1 doesn't mean it will be remembered in the next 15 years. Just look at Rihanna's career, she has like 14 No.1 singles but only 5 of them are true classics.

That was only 1 point of it and i wasnt referring to success.

I just said that britney fans are just mad that gaga now is more relevant than brit brit

The main intention of this post was to say that exhalers loathe gaga, and there is no point of even being feared of being atttacked/cancelled 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

That was only 1 point of it and i wasnt referring to success.

I just said that britney fans are just mad that gaga now is more relevant than brit brit

The main intention of this post was to say that exhalers loathe gaga, and there is no point of even being feared of being atttacked/cancelled 

Idk, i don't really hate Gaga, i just think she could do so much better, she used to have taste and a good ear for hits back then, it just seems like she lost her natural creativity. I think she played all her tricks too early in her career. As for Britney, i think what matters the most is what she wants, let's imagine that she was currently succesful  but unpassionate, bored, mentally exploited etc, what's the point?  i'd rather give her time to find herself again, spiritually. She gave enough, i think people should leave her alone. The music industry drained her. Britney deserves some free time. Her legacy will live forever anyway. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Idk, i don't really hate Gaga, i just think she could do so much better, she used to have taste and a good ear for hits back then, it just seems like she lost her natural creativity. I think she played all her tricks too early in her career. As for Britney, i think what matters the most is what she wants, let's imagine that she was currently succesful  but unpassionate, bored, mentally exploited etc, what's the point?  i'd rather give her time to find herself again, spiritually. She gave enough, i think people should leave her alone. The music industry drained her. Britney deserves some free time. Her legacy will live forever anyway. 

The fame/fame monster is classic gaga and was very genuine and felt. If you ask any one of Gaga, 99% of them would remember a song from that era because that was her own Britney era. Just like if you would ask a person of britney, the first song that they would think of is bomt.

After that, she lost the DNA of what made her. BTW was great, Artpop was subpar, Joanne was a snoozefest but Chromatica is amazing! its a fun 90s disco/house album and we cannot deny that 70s-early 00s influenced music and disco are the hottest thing rn.

However, wish gaga would bring back redone

• Love 1
13 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Imagine thinking this. Is it garbage day? :trash:

It's true, I saw her in concert once and it was such a let down I never wanted to pay to see another one of her shows. I watched all of her tours on TV/online and they weren't great. She wears some interesting costumes but her shows are usually pretty embarrassing bc she can't dance. Enigma was really bad and that was her latest show and supposed to be her big Vegas spectacle. My friend and I watched it together and we hated it. The little storyline in between songs with the enigma thing was sooo cringy.

I think she is good, she writes her own music which is more than 80% of other singers do. I think she is famous for writting very catchy pop songs that are influcenced by 80's music. Artists are allowed to have great albums and bad albums.

EDIT: I do have to say that during the Born this way era she gave a kind of speech (follow your dreams/ beieve in yourself) in each concert and she cried and it was so fake. I was in the crowd and i remember thinking: "she does the same act in each concert, i have seen videos on youtube of this moment, its not genuine".

Edited by Elvira_fr
additional info
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Elvira_fr said:

I think she is good, she writes her own music which is more than 80% of other singers do. I think she is famous for writting very catchy pop songs that are influcenced by 80's music. Artists are allowed to have great albums and bad albums.

EDIT: I do have to say that during the Born this way era she gave a kind of speech (follow your dreams/ beieve in yourself) in each concert and she cried and it was so fake. I was in the crowd and i remember thinking: "she does the same act in each concert, i have seen videos on youtube of this moment, its not genuine".

well she has always been an actor also, i am sure she wouldn't deny being an actor

• Like 1

I agree. Her discography is very inconsistent. She's just like Katy Perry, with the difference is that Gaga has a certain album and its sister EP that is so timeless, unlike anything Katy did. :katycry:

BUT yeah, Gaga is creative and daring, therefore she's still one to watch for, so... :gagacrash:

• Love 1

Who cares about what we think about music. I love Chromatica. I respect people who don't like it.
I think that ITZ is overrated. Do I need to share my opinion? No. Who cares. 
Not liking something doesn't mean it's not good. 
Just don't listen to it. :)

Peace. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block